Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Boards Have Been Killed
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2009 - 10:51AM #1
Brownowl33

Looks like they finally managed to drive away the last of the people.  None of the boards I frequent have any postings sooner than one week ago.  Some haven't been touched for months.  I think people have finally given up on all the changes and inconveniences Beliefnet has thrown at us.  The new format (why do the answers now appear before the question?) is almost unreadable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2009 - 11:46AM #2
Suesjourney2god

I too, see a huge drop in activity now. I joined in early Feb. just before the upgrade and people were here all the time posting...now its very slow...and some people are gone..

:o(

Blessings, Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2009 - 12:03PM #3
Stardove

Hi there.  Well, there are four of us here today.  That is an improvement. 

All the forums I host have slowed down since the change.  With time maybe they will pick up again.

Thank you all for coming the Spiritualism, since there is only physical death, I believe our spirits will keep the forum alive.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2009 - 9:07PM #4
NothingButLove

Mar 22, 2009 -- 12:03PM, Stardove wrote:

Hi there.  Well, there are four of us here today.  That is an improvement. 

All the forums I host have slowed down since the change.  With time maybe they will pick up again.

Thank you all for coming the Spiritualism, since there is only physical death, I believe our spirits will keep the forum alive.

Well its four weeks since you posted, and in that time this forum has had one post, and this thread none. I believe that one Spiritual Group was trashed in the conversion, and 925 members disaffected. I certainly got an invite to another site, and there are a whole bunch of ex-bnet folks there. Whether they will return will depend on things, but with no action here, and lots of action there, I suspect not.

Funny enough I think the technology is better than it has been for a very long time, even with the bugs and the renumbering of posts according to sort sequence, meaning you can't refer to a post number, and if you manually quote someone, you can't just reference theur user name.

But, folks are not posting, on any of the six or seven forums I frequent, and the ads are as bad as ever. I wonder if the ads have eventually got everyone down? Some of them of recent have flashed so much I got a headache.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2009 - 3:36AM #5
NothingButLove

Apr 17, 2009 -- 9:21PM, David_like_in_the_bible wrote:

AND THE FLASHING ADDS SUCK-TOTALLY UN-PROFESSIONAL............I QUIT

Yeah I have a feeling they would bring on epileptic fits in susceptible folk.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 11:09AM #6
Anree

Where has everyone gone?  I didn't post often but I liked to drop in and read the different posts.  This is sad!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 4:25PM #7
Stardove

Apr 24, 2009 -- 11:09AM, Anree wrote:

Where has everyone gone?  I didn't post often but I liked to drop in and read the different posts.  This is sad!!

Anree, welcome to posting here.  It is sad that so many of the esoteric boards I host have slowed down since the last change to the site. 

It's not like Spiritualism is a large movement, at least in America.  England has more Spiritualists...I believe than the USA and maybe Canada does too.  I am hoping that those who posted here in the past will return.  I continue to check the forum everyday.

Down here in the Bible Belt of America a Spiritualist Church is hard to find.

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2009 - 10:08PM #8
lsbutch

Well I'm back, but I too do not care for the ads that have been placed on the site to make money for the bnet folks.  These ads slow down the loading, and personally I would not buy anything because I saw it online in an ad.  Anyway, I find that more folks are spiritual than attached to any religious organization, and by traveling the country for the last four years, I have met a good many different folks.  Many I ask about religion just don't want to say, or they say nothing, why is that.  The religious right wing movement has given organized religion a bad name in so many areas, and George W. did the rest when you listen to what the people on the street have to say.  Most people do believe in a God/Creator but find it hard to buy into a jealous and vengenful judgemental God, and truly do not see God as some being sitting out there someplace watching and waiting and pulling strings to make things happen.

I am not into religion unless you call human existence a religion.  I do call myself spiritual, and I know Creator exist within each bit of our Universe, including humans.  We humans need to rid ourselves of our egostical belief that we are superior to nature, animals, or even rocks, mountains, oceans.  We are such a small part of the totality of Creation, and need to honor our humble nature more and leave our egotiscal minds and beliefs behind.  Just my humble opinion. 

Namaste'

Butch----and I will return LOL.

Whatever the question Love is the answer
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 12:40AM #9
Stardove

Butch, thanks for an excellent post.  Here is my secret for not getting ads.  I use Firefox 3 and get no ads (except Beliefnet, which really aren't ads) and no pop-ups. 

On IE I found the pop-up stopper to take too long before I could go on, so I gave Firefox 3 a try and it is much improved over IE in my opinion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 12:00AM #10
Rrory

please tell me where the lively spirtualism forums are! I dont even think i can find my way back here, I was away from Beliefnet and wow the changes are really ghastly and confusing.

but i'd like to  discuss & learn about spiritualsim

Rory

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook