Page 1 of 100  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: New Open Reading Forum
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2009 - 7:46AM #1
BeerLover

The purpose of this thread is to give readers a way to share their talents without feeling overwhelmed with personal requests. Too many really gifted readers have opened their own personal threads only to be deluged by querents and eventually get burned out. We have a number of tremendously gifted people on this board who want to share their talents with others.

The other purpose of this thread is to give beginning readers a chance to practice and develop their skills. By doing reads here, they are learning and growing in ability.  If you have always wanted to try your hand at this tarot business, this is the perfect place.  Pick a querant, give it a go.  It might be the start of a great adventure.  It was for me.

For the Querent (Seeker):

If you would like a reading, whether it be for a general read or something specific, just ask. That's all there is to it. Some readers like certain information like birthday, hair/eye color, body type, etc, but this is optional.

Understand by posting your request here, you:

* Accept a read from any reader, regardless of experience. {This rule is not cast in stone. You may ask for a particular reader, but he or she is not obliged to respond.}
* Understand that more than one reader may respond or none at all.
*READERS WILL NOT READ FOR A THIRD PARTY WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. It is up to the discretion of the readers to accept a "second hand" consent (e.g. "My friend George said it was alright to read for him.")
*Understand that the only thing the reader wants in return is a simple THANK YOU. Feedback is good, "You were right on the money," (or not) is always welcome, or something more elaborate.
*By posting a request you are OBLIGATED to check back periodically (daily would be nice) to see if you have a read. There is nothing more aggravating (and I speak from personal experience) to spend hours on a read and post it only to find the querent has disappeared.

For the Readers:

I believe in the two week rule: If the request isn't answered in two weeks, it becomes less and less relevant, and invites disappearing querents.

It is fine to "claim" a querent, to commit to reading for somebody. That helps all involved.

Finally, if there are any other rules or suggestions or whatever, please feel free to post. This is not my personal domain. In fact, my contribution to this thread is actually pretty small. It's more of an organic thing, growing and evolving as new readers come on board.

Your Host,
BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2009 - 8:29AM #2
BeerLover

UPDATE

Waiting for a read:

Elusive1-  Everything is shifting.  Looking to see if there's something coming regarding a new career, relationship, or resurgence of hobby into profession in the cards. I guess I'm just looking for something to look forward to!

Lynie-General read, no specifics in mind.

KARD9000-  Not sure if I have any specifics other than I'm trying to make a decision right now about my career or field of study.  I'm returning to school and trying to decide which path to follow.

KateP1313- looking for some direction:  "I'm not really sure what to specifically ask but I have a couple of areas that I could use some guidance/insight..... I am disabled and have chronic pain from injuries from a car wreck several years ago.  I have a degenerative disc disease and am concerned about my future: examples: i have no insurance, i cannot endure anymore pain, i cannot work, i don't want to be in a wheel chair.

The other area of question/confusion: I have wanted to be "a writer" since I was 7 years old, I have several poems, however, I feel that I am supposed to write about my life experiences but I don't know what avenue to begin (blogging, or try to get pub??) I feel like I am supposed to start small, a grassroots beginning.   I also know what I am going to write is going to be controversial, if I tell the whole truth, and I am concerned about embarrassing my family(although they don't seem to worry about embarrassing me ;) .).

Neetsiemarie-  Wants to know if a baby is in her future:  "Hi my name is Anita and I'm age 35. I would love a reading to tell me if it is possible that i will ever have another baby. I really want to but don't know if it is ever going to be possible!! Thank-You for ur time on this matter. hope to hear from someone soon, please?? Thanks again, Anita

Completed Reads:

Lynie, read by Lightworker1111

MaMacarthy, one card read by BeerLover (still looking for a complete read)

These are holdovers from the previous thread.  Many of them are bumping up against the two week rule mentioned in the previous post.  Come on readers, let's get out there and get those cards turning again.

Your Host,

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2009 - 9:44PM #3
artful_blessings

i have not posted on this thread for over 6mths due to shift in physical location. all has changed so much since i have been gone. Just wanted to let you all know how much i have missed you1 love and light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 11:28AM #4
Lynie

Hi Lightworker,

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your reading.

Snowed under is kind of an understatement lol.  I am trying to take care of me and feel a little selfish in doing so.  Yet I know you are very correct in that I can't do much else if I am totally drained.

My husband is in ill health.  Prioritizing his needs and work is exhausting at times.  Where's the soap bubbles?

Thanks again.

Lyn

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 10:38PM #5
MaMccarthy

Thanks for remembering me Beerlover. I am still looking for a full read. It has been a few weeks now. I am still trying to figure out what's going onwth this guy, will it last, is he the one, etc. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 2:47PM #6
BeerLover

Oh Ma, I couldn't forget about you.  Between my son who hangs on me like a wet wool blanket (when he's not fighting me), and my own afflictions, I haven't been able to do any reading.  I think you are OK with this guy, but I'll try to turn a couple more cards this weekend and get more clarity.

Artful Blessings, good to see you back.  Stay a while, lend your own light to this magical place.  Hope life settles down for you for a while. 

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 8:21AM #7
Katep1313

Thank you for remembering/including my request for a read in this new forum.  I have been feeling like a rollercoaster of emotions lately.

In case more personal info. would help my reading here goes:

Born:  7/18/74, 11:05AM; 5 pounds 11ounces; female.

I have a an extremely disfunctional and sometimes violent life

I am engaged to a guy named, Chris.

My earlier post for a reading gives more info.

Thank you very much,

kate

"And why would you even
Shake a man's hand
If you're not going
To help him stand"  Ben Harper
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 9:01PM #8
BeerLover

Mar 25, 2009 -- 8:21AM, Katep1313 wrote:

Thank you for remembering/including my request for a read in this new forum.  I have been feeling like a rollercoaster of emotions lately.

In case more personal info. would help my reading here goes:

Born:  7/18/74, 11:05AM; 5 pounds 11ounces; female.

I have a an extremely disfunctional and sometimes violent life

I am engaged to a guy named, Chris.

My earlier post for a reading gives more info.

Thank you very much,

kate

Hi Kate,

I pulled several cards for you tonight, and will make a brief post now and post the full write-up later, possibly much later knowing how my life goes.  I drew a lot of good strong cards, lots of male influence.  It's dificult to make sense of it knowing your situation.  I drew the King and Page of Pentacles, the three of Wands and, as an afterthought, the Queen of Wands.  The three court cards all show powerful figures, yet I honestly don't see you as powerful.  Pentacles is the suit of material things (money, posessions), and wands have to with career and new projects.  The Page of Wands says in part, "You have been practising something and are already quite good at it. You are ready to present your work to the outside world."  Now before you get too excited, the King of Pentacles is sort of the flip side of that.  The King represents one who has already "won his kingdom," accomplished a lot and wants to relax for a while. So which is it?

The three of wands is an intriguing card.  I'll show it here for you (or not, the insert picture function has been inconsistent).  You see a man gazing out at a ship.  Is it coming in?  going out? Is he waiting in eager anticipation?  watching a loved one go?  This card could represent a new beginning (My ship has finally come in), or an ending, or a missed opportunity.  Maybe the ship is anchored out there, and the man stares longingly, knowing that whatever is on that ship is beyond his reach.

The Queen of Wands is alert, strong, scanning the horizion for danger.  She is looking for the next opportunity, ready to meet it head on.  Based on the surrounding cards, it is clear the three of wands is not a card to be afraid of. It speaks of positive things ahead.  I still don't understand how these cards all fit together with your life in the present.  Perhaps you could help me out there.

Another post to follow in due time.

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 4:25PM #9
tattwo

Hello everyone,

I need some help with some life change decisions. I dont know what I want to do with my life or what I truly want out of life. I not asking for anyone to tell me because that's impossible. I just need some directions/guidance.

I still see my grief counselor. These sessions have been about me-my life lately. Which is cool because I never really focused on myself anyway. She asked me a question that stomped me and it was: What do want to do in your life (career)? I couldnt answer it. I'm 32 and still dont know what I want to do with my life. I try and right down things that really drives me and that I very passionate about. Thats hard too because I dont know. I know what I really dream of doing and thats travelling. I want to see the world. Meet new people and experience different cultures. At the same time, I want to have a family. So there's my dilenma.

I know its me thats causing this road block, but I guess why do I have to choose anyway. Why can I just be a free spirit anf just go where life takes me?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2009 - 12:28PM #10
slamball106

I need guidance, someone to shed some light in my situation.  I have a fifteen year old daughter who is very sick and I am extremely overwhelmed with her care and custody of my neice who is autistic.  I have now been struck with this awful separation of my long time partner of eight years.  My heart is torn both spiritually and emotionally.  I feel battered with the hand life has dealt me.  I have traveled the path of lonliness before, but I strongly feel that there is something going on in my life very mysterious.  Since his departure my dreams have been very enlightening.  I am forty years old and want to continue enjoying life to the fullest with my girls, however, last night I had a very disturbing dream where I was in a church and the ceiling collapse and I spiraled down the stairs really fast, did not get hurt, as I was going down, there were a lot of animals that were really sick, when I reached the bottom, I was in the street, I had no idea where I was, there were more sick animals, big animals and it as really cold.  It is the unknowing that always really scares me.  Could someone please look into the cards and see if they see anything there that may piece this together for me.  Thanks..

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 100  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook