Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 100  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: New Open Reading Forum
9 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2009 - 8:22PM #21
Katep1313

Apr 3, 2009 -- 1:46PM, BeerLover wrote:

Hello, hello, hello!''

Hello to all you new (and familiar faces). Hello ICR, Ma, Tattwo, slamball (cool name), mebjk, Dreamweever- I was born 13 days before you.  Hello Sarah, it's quite unusual to find someone your age out there exploring the spiritual realm.  Most people at your point in life are busy trying to form their identity, move from childhood to adulthood, even fighting with an overprotective Mom.  I'm thinking your search for identity is running concurrently with the spiritual search.  I can offer you the joy and wisdom of a Zen Buddhist, Osho, who has his own tarot deck.  Here is a link:  http://www.misfitslife.com/zen.htm.

I'll direct you to one card for consideration, Aloneness, Major Arcana 9.  "Loneliness is absence of the other. Aloneness is the presence of oneself. Aloneness is very positive. It is a presence, overflowing presence. You are so full of presence that you can fill the whole universe with your presence..."  Yep, that's you, really!  That is each one of us, a light to all the universe, as long as we stand up and reveal ourselves.  Too many people make themselves small, hamstrung by doubts or feeling of inadequacies, or plain old self-consciousness.  Too many look to externals for guidance.  Guidance is fine for what it is, but ultimately it is your path, your choices, navigated by the light of your presence.  Look at Existence, Major Arcana 1 as well.  It is one of the most affirming bits of wisdom you will find anywhere.

I wish I could read for all of you, but real life has me pretty strung out these days.  I hope others will step up and keep this thread the lively, vibrant place it has always been.

Blessings to all,

BeerLover

dear beerlover:

sorry things aren't going well for you.  i hope everything falls into place so you can sit back and have a beer!!

katep

"And why would you even
Shake a man's hand
If you're not going
To help him stand"  Ben Harper
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2009 - 7:51PM #22
slickbundy

I would like a general reading.  I have had some things happen in my life in the recent past and need some insight as to where I need to be going.  I am starting to feel the path I chose is the wrong one.  Not sure.  Anyway, if anyone could do just a general read for me I would be most appreciative.  My bday is 12-18-73 first name is Kelly. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 9:06AM #23
BeerLover

Hello again.  We seem to have lost all of our talented readers.  Unfortunately. 

I did pull some cards for Sarah and also Dreamweever- born 13 days after me.  The writeups will appear here sometime this week.  I got through taxes last night and will get through more personal business at work today, so there should be a little time at night for fun things like writing up tarot reads.  My dear Maylilly is really under the weather- always something it seems.  Hopefully I'll get in another read on Saturday.

So for now, be patient.  Maybe this thread will revive, maybe not- all things in their time.

Blessings to you all on your respective journeys,

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 8:01AM #24
BeerLover

XO_Sarah, feeling a little lost, looking for some clarity.  Nobody seems to be doing reads these days.  That's a shame considering what this thread once was.  I pulled four cards for you tonight.  The meaning is quite clear, it will take a little time and effort to write it up though.  Let's see, to put it in a nutshell........... 

[img src="http://musicalchairpersons.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/windowslivewriter536ac7908fa8-c4b0zen042participation2.jpg"/img]

Here are the cards, first is a very important card, Participation, 4 of  Fire.  It's meaning is straightforward.  Look closely at the hands in the picture.  One is facing down as if giving, and one is facing up as if receiving.  It is precisely this give and take process that makes a group effort work, greater than the sum of its parts, like the petals of a flower or the feathers on a bird.  The message is its time to take a break from the spiritual searchings and direct you attention outward, join a group, contribute to the whole, participate.  I'm not suggesting you completely abandon the spiritual quest, rather, it is taking up a little too much time and energy.  Directing a larger portion of that energy outward will help restore balance in your life.  And, you never know, that spiritual breakthrough could happen when you are the second level of a human pyramid or participating in some other group activity

Next is the first of two not so nice cards, Control, King of Clouds (sorry, no image).  Usually the king is a good card, indicating mastery over some part of life, but in this case, Mastery or Control is turned on its head.  If you could, Sarah, would you arrange life just the way you want?  Sounds tempting, yes?  All the questions answered.  But that's not how real life is....  Life is chaotic, always something new dropping in.  Maybe it's time for something uttely un "King of Clouds-like."  Rather than searching for answers, let the answers come to you.  Make it a matter of seeing rather than looking.  I don't know what your idea of a Creator is, but mine is one who is looking out for me, arranging things, and laying out a path for me.  Sometimes it takes tremendous effort and use of my talents, other times the life journey requires simply waiting or allowing.  That can be a difficult thing especially for a control freak like the King.

[img src="http://www.osho.com/magazine/tarot/picCards%5CZen048Suppression.jpg"/img]

Next card is Suppression, 10 of Fire.  Usually 10's are good cards, indicating completion of some sort.  But Master Osho has other plans for this particular card.  Like the previous card, we see a figure who is walled in.  The walls are of his own making of course, and in this instance, they are crushing him. The King was quite comfortable in his walls (After all, this is how life should be). This is not a card I expected to see for one lost on a spiritual journey.  I'm thinking the walls are expectations.  The identity part isn't quite there yet, and the should be's are getting to be onerous.  Maybe it's the feeling of lostness, "I shouldn't feel this way. Everybody else has it figure out, why don't I?" or something along those lines.

[img src="http://www.tarotteachings.com/images/1Aries-Integration.jpg"/img]

Finally, we get back to the good stuff, Integration, Major Arcana 14.  The Major Arcana is divided into three groups of seven.  Integration marks the completion of the second group, learning to live in society with its subtle and ever-changing rules.  Fittingly, the third part of the great karmic cycle has to do with spiritual growth.  For you, the message is NO WALLS.  Look, you will hard pressed to find much in the way of straight lines in this picture.  She has managed to take all of her seemingly conflicting parts and bring harmony to them.  Ask her who she is and she will simply reply, "I am all things," not "this or that," but "this and that," together working in harmony. All of the duality is met with complete acceptance, not pigeonholing.  I think the lostness you are feeling is the growing awareness of the spiritual world.  No awareness, no worries, but you are moving into this third phase, developing awareness  The book says, "This is a time of communication between the previously experienced dualities of life."  This is a state to work toward, Sarah.  It is the ability to say, "I am spiritually lost right now, and I'm fine with that.  It's a beautiful part of life.  Eventually there will be clarity, but for now I'm enjoying this rare time in the wilderness."  Can you do that?  Can you be fine with being lost, with whatever state of being you find yourself in?

So there you have it, two card that flow two that don't.  Two cards full of straight lines and walls, and two cards with curvy lines and circles.  You wanted clarity, here is what I have for you:  Get out in the world and live.  Be a part.  Let the answers come to you.  Start your day with this affirmation.  God is in heaven and everything is as it should be in my life.  -not perfect or the way I want it, but as it should be.  It works for me.  I have other thoughts running around in my head, other quaint Chinese proverbs, but this will have to do.  At the very least, meditate on the contrast between the two images presented here.

Hope this helps,

BeerLover

P.S.  Stillworking on the image thing.  To see card images, copy and paste the web address inside the quotation marks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 12:11PM #25
Teknmage

Apr 12, 2009 -- 7:51PM, slickbundy wrote:

I would like a general reading.  I have had some things happen in my life in the recent past and need some insight as to where I need to be going.  I am starting to feel the path I chose is the wrong one.  Not sure.  Anyway, if anyone could do just a general read for me I would be most appreciative.  My bday is 12-18-73 first name is Kelly. 

I did a three card spread for you, the past the present and the future.

The Five of wands in the past position. This card shows 5 men each looking in a different direction, each holding a wand that appears to be blocking at least one of the others. This card is about disharmony, each of the men are dressed n different clothes, the ground they are standing on is brown and dead, the sky a sickly pale yellow.

Confusion, Erratic energy, inconsistent effort, impatience and stress. Waxing and waning of purpose. Sloppy effort. Rebellion and turmoil, breakdown of communication. Hurting others by giving mixed messages or signals.

The Ten of wands in the present position

Here we see a person climbing steps to the right with a burden of wands (or sticks) on his back. In the far distance we can see a cute home, perhaps he is headed home?

This card is about hard work, not flinching, not taking the easy way out. It is about rising to the challenge, asserting oneself. Oppression followed by gain. Yes it is hard work climbing the steps but eventually the person will get home! Carrying one's weight and more. Saving for a home. Budget restrictions. Perseverance. Suppressing one's wants to accomplish a demanding task.

The last card is Strength in the future position. Here we have a rider on horseback behind an image of a snarling beast, they are riding hard the bottom of their legs is lost in a white froth. The rider's cape is billowing out behind them in the wind of their passing. One can almost feel the sweat of their effort, smell their hard work.

Consistent effort. Conviction. Having the strength to persevere. Being able to withstand naysayers and judgments of others and not be deterred. Facing one's fears. Being true too one's self.  Faith. Vitality. Ability to endure failures, losses, and disappointment, and yet keep the faith. Tenacity. Energy and intelligence. Work. Activity. Integrity. Focus and discipline. Overcoming. Outlasting competition or conditions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 8:00PM #26
slickbundy

Thank you Teknmage, It does answer my question.  I was having doubts because the path has become quite difficult.  But of course the right way is always the toughest I guess. 
Anyway, you were on the mark on it.  Thank you again, I truly appreciate it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 8:20PM #27
Teknmage

I am glad you found it of some small help. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 11:39PM #28
slickbundy

oh trust me it wasn't small help - it helped alot.  =)  I may be inclined to read a few on here in the near future myself.  I am a beginner somewhat but I think it would help me become better.  =) 

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2009 - 7:14PM #29
MaMccarthy

I agree, this thread used to be a lot more busy. I am still bummed i never got my reading : (

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2009 - 3:24PM #30
Teknmage

Hello MaMccarthy I pulled some cards for you...

The page of cups in the Cover position.

Indicates the you in relationship to the present situation.

Romantic interest. Imagination. Playfulness.

Four of Cups in the Cross position.

Represents the nature of an obstacles that is hindering progress. (The card in this position is always interpreted in its upright manner.)

Discontent and isolation. Feeling at a loss as to what can be done to improve a situation. Doubt. Melancholy. A disenchanting experience. Disgust. Can also indicate being fussy. Having to deal with naysayers. Not recognizing what one has. 

Seven of Pentacles in the Crown position.

Represents past events and influences that color and give rise to the current situation.

Entitlement. 

The Emperor (Reversed) in the Behind position.

Represents the preoccupation of the subconscious which filters into waking life, affecting moods and outlook. This is the underlying theme of dreams and the emotional undercurrent in your life.

Irresponsible behaviour. A miserable, short tempered father. Tyranny

Knight of Cups (Reversed) in the Before position.

Represents the state of your relationships with others.

Traditionally the messenger of false love.

Six of Swords in the Self position.

Indicates your psychological state and attitudes which can greatly affect the outcome of the matter.

Surprise. Anxiety. An unpleasant atmosphere. Harassment. Frustration.

Three of Swords in the House position.

Represents your environment and unseen forces influencing the situation.

Heartache. Hurt. Harsh resolution. Distress. Having been abandoned. Severance. Feeling crippled by the weight of past hurts. The pain of being misunderstood or unfairly judged. Rejection. Estrangement. Fear and isolation. Separation. The pain of a triangle dynamic in relationship or interests. The need for mental control over emotions.

The Hermit in the Hopes position.

Indicates your hopes and fears.

Part of you fears withdrawing from the outside world. You seek protection and concealment.  You are seeking wisdom and understanding of the larger patterns in life. Guidance or advice from an elder. Searching, wandering. 

Psychic abilities enhanced by peace and freedom of thought. Foresight. Prudence. Knowledge.  Leaving the material riches in search of the spiritual. Celibacy. Healing. Resolving serious problems. Recuperating. Valuing time alone. Taking time to lick one¹s wounds. Peace.

The solitary nature of the Hermit card can be a positive or negative condition in one's life on the positive side, solitary time can bring peace and clarity, a balancing, a sense of well-being, or healing. On the other hand, it can be negative in isolating a person, creating misanthropy, and bringing on fear, fatigue, and depression and distancing one from real aspirations, dreams, opportunities, and good company.

Two of wands in the Outcome position.

Indicates the outcome of the matter.

The two of wands is about planning. Using one¹s intuition to search out new possibilities and hidden options. Foresight. Viewing a situation from a higher perspective. Brainstorming and consideration. Weighing of options. Using one's imagination. Anticipating obstacles and uncertainty. Assessing one¹s own capabilities. Focus and executive responsibilities.

When I look at all of your cards, I see a person who is deeply effected by what they have both experienced and what they have not experienced. Our fathers play a role in shapping who we are, what we are. I read in your cards that your father has hurt you. Has robbed you of what I believe are certain rights. That the fears and doubts of your past play a role in how you see yourself in the present. That you have not heal yet. Is there the possibility that you are trying to rehash the relationship you had with your father in the people you date now?

My sense is you need time alone to focus on just you. That for once you need to learn to take care of you and your wants. That too often you mask your needs with the wants of others pretending that your own wants don't matter. That until you learn to take care of your own wants and needs you will truly not be ready to take care of another's needs.

I am so sorry but what I sense suggest to me you are not ready for another romantic relationship now. That you need to find and respect your own worth, your own value. You can not find your happiness in the arms of another (or by trying to please another?) but instead must find it within yourself, and only then will you truly be able to share it with another.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 100  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook