Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 100  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: New Open Reading Forum
9 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2009 - 9:55PM #11
mebjk

Thank you, BeerLover, for starting this thread.  

Tattwo:  I can see that you are getting ahead of yourself.  You are trying to "think" your way into your future, rather than living your way into your future.  You can write the things you want to do on a piece of paper and then put that away for 6 months or a year, and go out and do what you want with your life each day.  What you write is your intention;  the way you live is taking steps toward your intention.

This involves "letting go," or "surrendering" to the Great Wisdom.

When you surrender, remember that the Great Wisdom is already answering your intention.  Then live with that knowledge.  

I hope this helps.  If it does - or if it doesn't  - please let me know.

All blessings to you, tattwo.

mebjk

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2009 - 11:42PM #12
Katep1313

Mar 25, 2009 -- 9:01PM, BeerLover wrote:

Mar 25, 2009 -- 8:21AM, Katep1313 wrote:

Thank you for remembering/including my request for a read in this new forum.  I have been feeling like a rollercoaster of emotions lately.

In case more personal info. would help my reading here goes:

Born:  7/18/74, 11:05AM; 5 pounds 11ounces; female.

I have a an extremely disfunctional and sometimes violent life

I am engaged to a guy named, Chris.

My earlier post for a reading gives more info.

Thank you very much,

kate

Hi Kate,

I pulled several cards for you tonight, and will make a brief post now and post the full write-up later, possibly much later knowing how my life goes.  I drew a lot of good strong cards, lots of male influence.  It's dificult to make sense of it knowing your situation.  I drew the King and Page of Pentacles, the three of Wands and, as an afterthought, the Queen of Wands.  The three court cards all show powerful figures, yet I honestly don't see you as powerful.  Pentacles is the suit of material things (money, posessions), and wands have to with career and new projects.  The Page of Wands says in part, "You have been practising something and are already quite good at it. You are ready to present your work to the outside world."  Now before you get too excited, the King of Pentacles is sort of the flip side of that.  The King represents one who has already "won his kingdom," accomplished a lot and wants to relax for a while. So which is it?

The three of wands is an intriguing card.  I'll show it here for you (or not, the insert picture function has been inconsistent).  You see a man gazing out at a ship.  Is it coming in?  going out? Is he waiting in eager anticipation?  watching a loved one go?  This card could represent a new beginning (My ship has finally come in), or an ending, or a missed opportunity.  Maybe the ship is anchored out there, and the man stares longingly, knowing that whatever is on that ship is beyond his reach.

The Queen of Wands is alert, strong, scanning the horizion for danger.  She is looking for the next opportunity, ready to meet it head on.  Based on the surrounding cards, it is clear the three of wands is not a card to be afraid of. It speaks of positive things ahead.  I still don't understand how these cards all fit together with your life in the present.  Perhaps you could help me out there.

Another post to follow in due time.

BeerLover

Thanks for the reading!

As far as strong males: I am surrounded by strong males: father:ex-marine, both left and right brained, a fighter, way above average intelligence.  Older brother: always able to brush things off and find happiness, musician, single father.  Younger brother: Ex-college football player (quarter back), accomplishes everything he sets out to.  Fiance:  Ex-army special forces, war vet, highly intelligent (above average) in mathmatics, physics, computers, logical, strong willed, strong worker, strong mind.

I am no longer physically strong due to injuries.  I have moments of severe weakness mentally: clinical depression, anxiety/panic disorder, ADD, however, I am a fighter in that, once knocked down, i always get back up,on my own determination, again.  Also, I have strength of heart and soul.  Also, above average intelligence....yet lacking in direction.

"The Page of Wands says in part, "You have been practising something and are already quite good at it. You are ready to present your work to the outside world."  Now before you get too excited, the King of Pentacles is sort of the flip side of that.  The King represents one who has already "won his kingdom," accomplished a lot and wants to relax for a while. So which is it?"

Good question.  Its both I feel no desire to go back to school to finish my degree or to get a 9 to 5 job, as I've gotten what i want, at this point, from univ., also, in both cases with my injuries I don't think I could handle it.  "what i am quite good at"- writing.

I dunno, like i said, i lack direction in life. As far as wealth: I have no need of any material things...i'm materially spoiled.  However, practical things which are much more important: home of my own, health insurance,etc.  these are things i sorely need.

did i answer your questions?  If not, lemme know, or if you need more info.

Thanks again,

kate

p.s.: i'm delerious from lack of sleep but it just struck me as appropriate/typical that my cards would conflict~this is where the lack of sleep comes in (i think i'm funny):  i'm of irish and english ancestry so i always say that i'm a war within myself (i'm a dork)! ;)

"And why would you even
Shake a man's hand
If you're not going
To help him stand"  Ben Harper
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 7:03PM #13
MaMccarthy

Hi Beerlover,

A baby needs his daddy, i'm sure resembled wet blanket hanging on my dad as a kid. Whenever you are able to get a chance is fine. I think i just need to be patient, something that's never been my strong suit. I just don't want to wind up hurt again right now. There has been a lot of that lately. I feel that after all of the bad things that have been accumulating over the past several months it's time something good came my way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2009 - 12:50AM #14
lcr1130

I know I just recently got a general read, but in the last week some workplace drama has gone down that I've had myself worked up about kind of badly. I was wondering if I could get a read on the situation? I can give more details if needed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2009 - 5:11PM #15
xo_sarah

It would be really awesome if someone could read for me! I've tried to read for myself, but it always ends up skewed. I'm a fifteen year old female who's feeling a little lost. A general reading is really all I want. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2009 - 10:22PM #16
Dreamweever2

Hi, and thank you for having this board, and offering these readings. I am not doing very well these days, and would greatly appreciate it if someone could shed a little light on what is happening with me, or maybe a little guidance.  I am female, birthdate 7-13-62, brown hair blue eyes.....body type, do I have to?...lol.

Love and good thoughts,

DW

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 1:46PM #17
BeerLover

Hello, hello, hello!

Hello to all you new (and familiar faces). Hello ICR, Ma, Tattwo, slamball (cool name), mebjk, Dreamweever- I was born 13 days before you.  Hello Sarah, it's quite unusual to find someone your age out there exploring the spiritual realm.  Most people at your point in life are busy trying to form their identity, move from childhood to adulthood, even fighting with an overprotective Mom.  I'm thinking your search for identity is running concurrently with the spiritual search.  I can offer you the joy and wisdom of a Zen Buddhist, Osho, who has his own tarot deck.  Here is a link:  http://www.misfitslife.com/zen.htm.

I'll direct you to one card for consideration, Aloneness, Major Arcana 9.  "Loneliness is absence of the other. Aloneness is the presence of oneself. Aloneness is very positive. It is a presence, overflowing presence. You are so full of presence that you can fill the whole universe with your presence..."  Yep, that's you, really!  That is each one of us, a light to all the universe, as long as we stand up and reveal ourselves.  Too many people make themselves small, hamstrung by doubts or feeling of inadequacies, or plain old self-consciousness.  Too many look to externals for guidance.  Guidance is fine for what it is, but ultimately it is your path, your choices, navigated by the light of your presence.  Look at Existence, Major Arcana 1 as well.  It is one of the most affirming bits of wisdom you will find anywhere.

I wish I could read for all of you, but real life has me pretty strung out these days.  I hope others will step up and keep this thread the lively, vibrant place it has always been.

Blessings to all,

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 3:12PM #18
Dreamweever2

Thank you Beerlover. I understand being busy. I hope all is well for you.

Love and good wishes,

dreamweever

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 3:24PM #19
xo_sarah

Thanks, BeerLover! The idea of aloneness v. loneliness is something I tend to struggle with, and it's confirming to have someone else notice it too. And yes, I know I'm younger than most people who are spiritual. But my identity crisis, the one that happens so often in high school, occurred for me in elementary and middle school. So now, I can move passed that a bit into things that are normally more adult. -shrug- I like to think I'm just an old soul.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2009 - 7:08PM #20
Dreamweever2

BeerLover,

I just wanted to stop back by, to let anyone that comes to this thread to do reading requests, that I have requested a reading on another thread. I hope this helps lighten the load of people still seeking.

dreamweever

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 100  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook