Page 92 of 100  •  Prev 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 100 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: New Open Reading Forum
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 1:14PM #911
BeerLover

Hey, there is a tiny bit of life on the tarot boards!  Yay!

Welcome back, Shadow.  Who were you in your previous incarnation?

I belong to Facebook, but they seem to be really intrusive.  Nothing you post anywhere is private.  I don't know if this place is any better, but there has been a lot of public concern over Facebook.

What has everybody been up to?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 1:30PM #912
shadow247

Beer lover, hey, hows things with you? i used to come by here sometimes and remember talking to you . like i said, its been a long time,  the previous screen name was shadow moon, quite possibly with some numbers? lol, yes its been that long!  where did everyone go? i too have a fb, its ok but doesnt have the debates like bn used to. i was hoping this board still had some active readers since my cards met with an unfortunate event! doesnt look like any of the old boards have any activity anymore, or if they do i cant find them.  but hey, if we keep posting maybe this and other boards will pick up. bb shadow

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:40PM #913
christine3

May 9, 2012 -- 11:12AM, shadow247 wrote:

Hi Christine,

thanks for the reply. I have been off the boards at BN for so long i couldnt remember my old screen name and had to open a new account. Seems theres been a lot of changes here, i cant even find most of the forums i used to use, and those i have found are have few recent posts. Looks like every one i used to talk to moved on and left no clue as to where they went! Maybe the annoying ads that wont close has something to do with it?

Can you recomend any boards that still have some activity? I was over on the Native american board last week, same thing over there. there used to be a sub forum where everyone went just to chat about and kick back as opposed to the forum for serious questions. if it still exists i cant find it. Guess theres been a lot of changes here, and they dont seem to have been popular!

Anyway, nice to meet you, maybe we can put some life in the old place! bb shadow

Hi bb Shadow,

Thanks for your reply.  I need to talk to native americans.  I love all people but need to share native american too.  I am from Wicomico tribe (although it doesn't exist anymore), just a few around the United States.  I didn't know I was native american until I saw my name was native american, last name Veazey.

So there I had a big awakening and that led me to understand why I am the way I turned out.

Christine

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 13, 2012 - 4:39PM #914
shadow247

May 10, 2012 -- 1:40PM, christine3 wrote:

May 9, 2012 -- 11:12AM, shadow247 wrote:

Hi Christine,

thanks for the reply. I have been off the boards at BN for so long i couldnt remember my old screen name and had to open a new account. Seems theres been a lot of changes here, i cant even find most of the forums i used to use, and those i have found are have few recent posts. Looks like every one i used to talk to moved on and left no clue as to where they went! Maybe the annoying ads that wont close has something to do with it?

Can you recomend any boards that still have some activity? I was over on the Native american board last week, same thing over there. there used to be a sub forum where everyone went just to chat about and kick back as opposed to the forum for serious questions. if it still exists i cant find it. Guess theres been a lot of changes here, and they dont seem to have been popular!

Anyway, nice to meet you, maybe we can put some life in the old place! bb shadow

Hi bb Shadow,

Thanks for your reply.  I need to talk to native americans.  I love all people but need to share native american too.  I am from Wicomico tribe (although it doesn't exist anymore), just a few around the United States.  I didn't know I was native american until I saw my name was native american, last name Veazey.

So there I had a big awakening and that led me to understand why I am the way I turned out.

Christine

hi christine, cant help with that one, im not native american, im wiccan. i used to post sometimes on the native boards because i had friends there, and when asked directly to comment i would. but like everywhere else on here, pretty much everyone i used to talk to no longer comes by. hope your having a good mothers day Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 12:25PM #915
BeerLover

Happy Mother's Day all!

{belated}

My Beloved Alisa made the point that one does not have to be a mother to celebrate on this day.  Not every one gets to be a mother, but anybody can love unconditionally, nuture, and be there for a child- or even a critter of some sort.  A mother's love is like a little slice of heaven here on earth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 4:08PM #916
christine3

Happy Mother's Day!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 4:55PM #917
hazeleyed

It's getting to be birthday time again. Having a bit of the birthday dread of not being where I thought I would be by now & not being where I wanted to be by now. I know what I want, where I want to be, what I want to be doing but can't seem to make it happen. Would love some insight for my 34th year.

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 3:24PM #918
BeerLover

Jun 5, 2012 -- 4:55PM, hazeleyed wrote:

It's getting to be birthday time again. Having a bit of the birthday dread of not being where I thought I would be by now & not being where I wanted to be by now. I know what I want, where I want to be, what I want to be doing but can't seem to make it happen. Would love some insight for my 34th year.

Thanks!

Good to see you Hazeleyed!  Happy birthday a bit early.  I can dust off the cards and turn over a few for you.  It's been several weeks since my last formal read. 

Blessings,

BL

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 11:42AM #919
hazeleyed

Thank you, looking forward to it!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 9:36AM #920
BeerLover

Dear Hazeleyed,

The weekend came and went without quiet time for a proper read.  This week I’ll be on vacation without the cares (or much of anything else for that matter).  I was drawn to share the message of existence with you.  Perhaps a full read is still in your future.  For now, meditate on the message of Existence.

It stands as a stark contrast to the previous theme of change.  You spoke of not being where you wanted to be at this point in life.  The message of Existence is that it is sufficient to simply be.  More than sufficient, it is vital to all the universe that you exist.  The entire universe, in a nutshell, would be incomplete without you.  Now that’s a profound thought.  You understand that we are all connected, all 6 billion of us.  Now imagine if one of those connections was to simply cease to exist.  I’m not talking about dying, for even after we die, we exist in the memories of others.  Those changes we made to other people and the world still live on.  I’m talking about never having been.  I think we- each one of us six billion others- would feel a little something, a bit lacking. 

We are all connected.  If a connection is missing, we all feel it.  Master Osho goes even further.

“You are not an accident.  Existence needs you.  {It’s true, you are not an accident.  It’s a ridiculous notion.}  Without you something will be missing in existence, and nothing can replace it.  That’s what gives you dignity, that the whole existence will miss you.  The stars and sun and moon, the trees and birds and earth- everything in existence will feel a small place vacant which cannot be filled by anybody except you.  This gives you a tremendous joy, a fulfillment that you are related to existence and existence cares for you.”

Then the illustrator, Prada, adds:

“Now is the time to look back at whether you are allowing yourself to receive the extraordinary gift of feeling at home wherever you are.  If you are, make sure to take some time to savor it so it can deepen and remain with you.  If, on the other hand, you are feeling as if the world is out to get you, it’s time to take a break.  Go outside and look at the stars.”

I hope that message resonates with you.  I know about birthdays as well.  I turn 50 on June 30.  {I wish it was turning 30 on June 50, but, alas, there is no June 50.}  It’s one of those paradoxes of life.  There is a time for struggling and fighting to get upstream, and there is a time to drift with the current, allowing it to take you where it may.  The real trick is knowing when the time is right for each.

Hope this brightens your birthday a bit.

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 92 of 100  •  Prev 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 100 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook