Page 4 of 1  •  Prev
Switch to Forum Live View Fairies and Christianity
6 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2008 - 3:21PM #31
The_Absent_Minded_Princess

rosyred wrote:

Hi Feinics,

I imagine my angels to be small little ladies for some reason and fairies to be even smaller, but as I have never seen either I just wondered that's all.

Some people have written here that they have seen fairies, so that's why I asked the question.

Maybe our angels and fairies show themselves to each individual different.

I've been told that angels are usually very, very tall and usually in the form of a MALE. they are not cute little babies holding harps or shooting arrows at people to make them fall in love.  They are not sexy, blonde, long haired women floating around with their bosoms hanging out either. 

They are fierce protectors and can be intimidating, to the "bad guys."   ;)

I've always been under the impression that faeries were very small, but I really don't know for sure. 

You may be right about how they reveal themselves to us.  Either way, I would love to see both sometime in my life.  Spiritual beings are intriguing, to say the least.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 5:44AM #32
Rockin' on
Well, perhaps being a "Church of Christ' child, but never really living in a religious atmosphere, my family just felt some sort of 'foundation' was required of them to give to us kids..but it did give me alot of reading material, and if the bible can categorically state"That Moses witnessed GOD in a burning bush,and Jesus(a cool prophet in his time..not heavens child..or is that not a good statement?) professed to see the DEVIL and be tempted for long days in the desert(mighty hot and easy to see oasis'..?) then I can certainly say its MY belief that there have ALWAYS been the elements we call by various 'titles'(fairies,gnomes,spirits,etc;) in this world..its written about in many ancient and witnessed texts..who says the Bible has the last word?
Man wrote it..man interpreted his own beliefs into the book..ergo, there may have been fairies peeping over the shoulders of many a 'righteous' man whilst they wrote out their doctrines!!
Whos to say it couldn't have been?
Carry on..pay little attention to my little ??opinion..its late,and Im just not in the bible interpretation space..but ..hey!Fairies and such are another thing altogether!!
Get back to your discussion..my interuption was opinion only..!!
Bright Blessings            Rockin' On
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2008 - 12:33AM #33
Annie1654
Fairies are just small Angels.  So why wouldn't a person as a Christian believe in them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2008 - 8:33PM #34
Rockin' on
Excuse me if I wasn;t clear on this point..I AM NOT CHRISTIAN!!!
Nor, do I believe that most "Christians" DO believe in them..quite the opposite, in fact!!(Angelgoldd being the minority for the 'main' CHRISTIAN groups/misc; traditional names(protestant/Baptists/Church of the Last Christ(not MY brought up in denomination)Church of Christ,etc;etc;...do not normally tell of fairies,except in story books!!!!

Whoever put the thoughts of( "Fairies" being just small "Angels") into your minds imaging, didn't have much knowledge into/about the Elementals which we call "Gnomes,Undines,Sylphs,& Salamanders...
heard of them??!!the big "clue" here, is that they all fall under the same type of 'umbrella' describing their actual sizes..which are beyond OUR actual comprehension, its just enough to know that they do exist on this and on other planes, and they are ALL different in their degrees of shyness/aggressiveness,etc;

Certainly to be respected..but not to be coerced without some knowledge(not mythology from a church) from studying them,learning their ways,and so forth. As in ALL magick..whichever kind you are trying to 'tap into"...its always better to be certain than sorry..AAAGH well...what will be ,will be!!
Happy Samhain to all that celebrate it..have a good festival, full of learning and inner growth!!
Blessings!              Rockin' On
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2008 - 8:55PM #35
DAH54

Rockin' on wrote:

Excuse me if I wasn;t clear on this point..I AM NOT CHRISTIAN!!!

I really don't see any one calling you a Christian, Rockin' on. You might want to reread the first post in this thread, again.

This is a multi faith area of Beliefnet and all faiths are welcome to post here, this is NOT an area to tell another faith what they believe or what they should believe. This thread is about Christian beliefs, and how the many believers in Christ see Fairies.

Thanks,
DAH54
Beliefnet Community Host

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2008 - 2:13PM #36
OutriderX
Someone mentioned Fae could be angels?  I'm christian and this opened my mind to the acceptance of fairies being an angel or spiritual being of some sort. 

I believe angels are real because I've seen one before.  I still have questions though. 

I usually see these balls of light in colors of gold, blue and white.  The gold one I believe is an angel and serves Jesus and I think his always the same one I see.  I met him and he showed me his full form.  He also spoke to me that he is here to help me in anything I need or ask for.

The blue and white ones I'm not so sure what kind of angel they are or spiritual being they are.  I know sometimes they try to talk to me but I have no clue what they are saying.  So I find it harder to know who they are.  I just wonder if fairies glow as different lights (like blue and white) and move around a lot or is what I am seeing something else.  sometimes I can see like dozens or countless number of lights just swirl around the room.  None are harmful either, they always seem to make me happy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2008 - 12:35AM #37
staved
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myhauntsmyhouse/   Please visit my site on Flickr, there are two photos of what appear to be fairies? This is what people are telling me. All the pictures were taken in my home. Please feel free to email me with any questions, or add comments to the pictures.

Thanks
Dori
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 1:21AM #38
Edensway

Whew, I am glad for this thread!

In 2008, I was in a medically induced coma for 5-7 days (I can't remember how long), but I had, what I thought was an out of body experience.  I saw what I now believe were fairies or angels and a earth goddess of some kind. 

I posted the vision in the dreams portion of this website, but I'll briefly repost the experience here.  Me and the woman/goddess were in a desert, where she showed me her people (and her people marched like an army). Thing is, the people were "people" but for some reason it seemed as though they were human cells (either skin cells or blood cells moving).  I felt like a disembodied spirit - and when I, in fear, believed I was dead I demanded to see Jesus Christ.  Then I was transported back into my body (I speedily moved towards the sand, (which was the pores of my skin) and I woke up from my coma.

I know this story might sound crazy, but it's true.  I joined beliefnet to get some ideas, and hopefully some wisdom from people who might know or validate my experience.  I really just want to hear from anyone who has anything to say.

This goddess had a numinous energy about her.  And we telepathically spoke to each other. 

I've been trying to come to terms with what I saw and experienced.  It's easy to say I was hallucinating, or merely dreaming, but this does not explain why I "hallucinated" as I did.  Who talks telepathically to another being?  This may be the wrong forum to post this, but I'm really on a fishing trip.  I want as many ideas as possible.

I didn't mention the fairies - I saw fairies or angels, while I was in the coma.  They "brought" me my sister's prayers.  They were lit beings who flew like insects, but I instinctively knew they were angels.  My mother recently told me that my sister was at my bedside while I was in the coma, praying over me.  I think it's so incredible that I would "hear" her in my comatose state.  But I didn't hear her - I saw fairies/angels.  They literally carried the message in their wings and "gave" me the message.  I didn't know or hear what Tina (my sister) actually said, but I did know her love.  To describe what I did "see" or "sense" from these creatures:  I saw a snapshot of my sister's soul.  The message was like a container of her soul, which carried a message of love.  I don't know what her actual words were.  When I awoke from my coma - and this is before I knew she had prayed for me - I felt compelled to "let her" take care of me (which is an attitude and an action I never would have agreed to prior the coma; we're both pretty independent).

I hope no one thinks the above is a joke.  I'm fine now and I'm preparing to return to school.  I have a whole new curiosity about angels - and fairies - but prior to this experience I also thought fairies were "pagan" and I shouldn't even consider them, as a Christian.  Yet, I saw fairies (I think of Tinkle Bell).

Does anyone have any thoughts or real experiences with fairies?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 2:10PM #39
Br73ga

I believe that the thought of fairies were originally from the book of Genesis in the bible at the 6th chapter where it says the sons of the true god (the angels) saw the daughters of men that they were beautiful and went taking wives for themselves, and having children with them, during the time of Noah before the flood. In fact , it said that their children were so tall and wicked that this was one of the reasons that God caused he flood, to get rid of these wicked half breed children of women and angles. As you can as you can see, this is where the mythology of the different nations came in, tales of half breed children like hercules and other part angle and part human children. And this is probably where the faries tales spring from also.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2010 - 2:36AM #40
gorm-sionnach

Sep 1, 2010 -- 2:10PM, Br73ga wrote:

I believe that the thought of fairies were originally from the book of Genesis in the bible at the 6th chapter where it says the sons of the true god (the angels) saw the daughters of men that they were beautiful and went taking wives for themselves, and having children with them, during the time of Noah before the flood. In fact , it said that their children were so tall and wicked that this was one of the reasons that God caused he flood, to get rid of these wicked half breed children of women and angles. As you can as you can see, this is where the mythology of the different nations came in, tales of half breed children like hercules and other part angle and part human children. And this is probably where the faries tales spring from also.

Um, no. The myths expressed in the OT, are just that, myths of a particular religion (which were themselves based off of other groups they came into contact with, and borrowed from). As such, trying to explain the myths of other cultures, doubly so for those who have no cultural or linguistic link to the ancient Semitic peoples, is at best wrong headed. If you want to understand the mythic or folkloric beliefs of a given culture, you need to study the culture they came from. There are any number of European cultures which have active animistic spirits, those being associated with specific natural features (trees, bushes, hills, stones, river, lakes, etc.) To use an example already explored, the Irish belief in the Aos Sidhe (people of the hills) or fair folk derived in large part from the ehumerization of pre-Christian deities, to fit them into the "new" mythic narrative presented by Christianity. As such, later folk efforts to provide a Christian source for the fair folk posited that they were fallen angels or devils. However a look at the mythic texts of Ireland easily shows the efforts of Christian scribes to "un-deify" the pre-Christian gods.

So if one wants to source the fair folk, it was primarily due to the efforts of the scribes and the general folk to figure their familiar tales and figures into the new mythic narrative of Christianity. This does not however, mean that the belief in the existence of faeries can be sourced to Biblical origins; in most cases it is just the opposite, trying to syncretize existing beliefs with new ones.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 1  •  Prev

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook