Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
9 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 6:09AM #11
DAH54

Hello Dreamweever2 fear can be the power that keeps us trapped, or it can be the power that sets us free. It sounds like your daughter user her fear to motivate herself. Have you ever thought of an exorcism for your home? What about the other ghost?

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 7:16PM #12
Suesjourney2god

Welcome DAH54, glad to see you here.

I'm glad that this place is becoming active again...I was thinking that everyone posting here was becoming ghosts' themselve..lol.

I agree about fear...sometimes we become so afraid that the spirits will absorb that fear and turn it into energy.

Blessings, Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 8:14PM #13
Dreamweever2

Hi Dah and Sue,

It's really weird. I don't know what to think about this place. I've lived here so long that I've pretty much gotten used to things. The one thing that bothers me about it is what I had mentioned before. I want to be sure I can separate things falling, and noises, from things like the divorce, and the fall that changed my life so drastically. I fell at work, not here in the house, and 8 days after one of the procedures for my injuries, I had 2 strokes. I am 46 years old. The doctors don't know why I had the strokes, and say they were unrelated to the back procedure. The creepy thing about my ex, and also with my sister, when the kids and I have prayed for them, their behavior seems to worsen, like they are lashing out, even though they have had no knowledge of the prayers. My daughter has stopped praying for either of them because of this. It bothers me to even be posting about these things, because there are people, like the brother that I have staying here, that don't believe in the supernatural. Also, my life has been kind of a strange one anyway. Getting back to answering Dah, I have only seen the little girl here, but my daughter has seen her uncle after he passed, when she was about 9 years old. My oldest son had told me when he was about 5, something held him down in bed and told him "fear not the storm".  At the time those things happened, I attributed them to my daughter having her first experience with losing a family member and her imagination, and with my son, I attirbuted it to possibly my daughter talking about scary things in front of him (he is a middle child). They have both talked about those things now in adulthood, so I now feel like I mishandled the situation at the times when they happened. Both of those were one time happenings. The funny thing too is my youngest son. He says he has never seen or heard anything out of the ordinary here, and seems like he thinks it's us overreacting. I do have a Benedictine medal that I keep in the house, but no, the house has never had any kind of blessing or exorcism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2010 - 8:18PM #14
teilhard

I never took "Ghost" Stories seriously

until a good friends of mine -- Seminary Class-mate --

had an "Encounter of the Third Kind" ...

He ( "E." ) and his Wife ( "L." ) lived in the student housing Apartment just downstairs,

with their CHARMING little Son ( "P." ), age ca. two Years ...

His first Parish assignment was to a growing Congregation in a mid-size City in Wisconsin.

The Congregation purchased a large older House as a Parsonage.

"P." slept in a Bedroom upstairs. Sometimes "E." and "L." would hear footsteps

up-stairs and figured "P." had  gotten up and was wandering, as Toddlers are prone to do.

But on Investigation, he was found to be in his Bed fast asleep. Sometimes he would

awaken crying and very upset, complaining, "The old man spanked me ... !!!" ...

He was moved to a different BedRoom and "P." now slept through the night

without Problems. His former BedRoom was then used only for Storage. But sometimes

Doors were found open when they had been left closed, or closed when they

had been left open.

"E."  found out that a former owner-resident of the House -- an elderly man --

had died at home, AND that the House had never been "Blessed." 

Good Lutheran Pastor "E." put on his Priestly Vestments and performed The Rite

for Blessing of a Dwelling. No More Problems ...

I dunno ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 1:52PM #15
momhobbit

Being a Mormon, I believe in both good and bad spirits.  We also have a practice of blessing our homes when we move in.  It is a simple prayer that is said so that the inhabitants of the home will be blessed and protected, and that evil spirits will stay away.

With that said, I haven't always lived in places that were blessed, and I have felt the presence of an evil spirit before.  I also believe that we are more prone to negative thoughts when evil spirits are around, and that we often "invite" those evil spirits when we make poor choices, such as the man that returned to alchoholism.

The house I live in currently seems fairly calm, although my oldest daughter has had some weird experiences, and actually seen spirits standing in one particular spot in the living room.  For myself, over the past year or so, I have caught glimpses of a young man running swiftly through my backyard.  Since my yard is completely fenced, I'm certain that it is a spirit, not a person that I've seen.  It is usually dusk when I see him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  May 14, 2010 - 12:00PM #16
Valerie

Laughing Greetings , I was reading all the wonderful stories in regards to their experiences with ghosts, I too can feel and speak to enities, I do know for some reason when they are present, I can sense their pain, agony, if their mean I can sense that too. I had a friend, she had an apartment in Denver, Co, Her and her 19 yo daughter stayed there,   started having problems within her room, The inside of her windows would freeze up with ice, things would go flying around the room, she would recieve cuts in the middle of the night by something. Her Mother knew I was a sensitive so to speak, so she called me and asked me to come over and see if I could help.. I did, as I approached her daughters bedroom, something (not of this world) was standing in front  of the door, I could feel it, and this entity wasn't nice, I came closer and it almost tried to suck the breath right out of me, but I continued, as I opened the door, things were falling off the desk, dressers, and the closet door was opening and shutting, I could smell a sweet fragrance of Honey Suckle, The windows had ice on them all the way up to the latch, I sat down and asked this entity why it was there and targeted such a nice family, I recieved a response but it wasn't favorable. I tried to help this entity over to the other side but recieved resistance, so I kept trying, I was then cut on my arm but something that wasn't there. I chose to continue, this went on  for about 2 hours, and then like a fresh breeze it disappeared, no odor, no ice on the windows, nothing flying, just silence.. So I explained to my friend that I wasn't really sure if this entity had left or not or was just playing games with us, so for her to keep watch, well my friend moved from her apartment the very next weekend.  Her daughter has had no problems since then..

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  May 14, 2010 - 3:32PM #17
teilhard

May "God" Bless(+) you, Sister ...

May 14, 2010 -- 12:00PM, Valerie wrote:

Greetings , I was reading all the wonderful stories in regards to their experiences with ghosts, I too can feel and speak to enities, I do know for some reason when they are present, I can sense their pain, agony, if their mean I can sense that too. I had a friend, she had an apartment in Denver, Co, Her and her 19 yo daughter stayed there,   started having problems within her room, The inside of her windows would freeze up with ice, things would go flying around the room, she would recieve cuts in the middle of the night by something. Her Mother knew I was a sensitive so to speak, so she called me and asked me to come over and see if I could help.. I did, as I approached her daughters bedroom, something (not of this world) was standing in front  of the door, I could feel it, and this entity wasn't nice, I came closer and it almost tried to suck the breath right out of me, but I continued, as I opened the door, things were falling off the desk, dressers, and the closet door was opening and shutting, I could smell a sweet fragrance of Honey Suckle, The windows had ice on them all the way up to the latch, I sat down and asked this entity why it was there and targeted such a nice family, I recieved a response but it wasn't favorable. I tried to help this entity over to the other side but recieved resistance, so I kept trying, I was then cut on my arm but something that wasn't there. I chose to continue, this went on  for about 2 hours, and then like a fresh breeze it disappeared, no odor, no ice on the windows, nothing flying, just silence.. So I explained to my friend that I wasn't really sure if this entity had left or not or was just playing games with us, so for her to keep watch, well my friend moved from her apartment the very next weekend.  Her daughter has had no problems since then..

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook