Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2009 - 6:12PM #1
Suesjourney2god

Many years ago a friend and I bought a motel/bar/restaurant combo. At one time it was a very nice highway motel. There were 3 buildings on the property..the main building housed the bar/restaurant with an apartment above..in the basement was the laundry and linen storage. Behind that building there was a string of motel rooms ..I think 9 or 10.. and on one side there was another building with 3 rooms.  It hadn't been used as a motel in years and the owner closed off all the motel rooms and lived in the main building. When we bought it ..it was a horrible mess and our plan was to remodel the main building and restore the motel units into efficiency apartments. We too would be living in the main "house" as we were doing this huge project.

We moved in and right away I felt watched. My daughter was about 14 and she took over the little apartment upstairs..and I had my cat Penny ..who loved to sleep in bath tubs..(go figure..lol). But after moving into this house...Penny wouldn't go near the bathroom at all. And my daughter kept hearing footsteps coming up the stairs. Periodically Penny would jump 3ft in the air like someone had just spooked her..and growl at the wall for no apparent reason. I knew there was something there that wasn't hostile or anything..but I later discovered another presence that wasn't too friendly.

The basement door was off the bedroom..(remember it was a restaurant..the dining room was converted into a bedroom)..in the basement was the laundry room..so when I needed to do laundry I had to go thru that door..down about 7 steps thru this little porch then down about 4 more steps to get there. One night I was home alone..and gathered a couple loads of laundry to do...went to open the door to the basement...and as soon as I touched the door knob I was in complete terror. OMG..I could feel "it" on the other side..this horrible evil presence..and I knew if I opened that door it would be the worst moment of my life. (get chills still just thinking about it). Never in my life have I ever felt evil like that. Needless to say..I didn't do laundry that night and I locked that door.

During the day one time...my daughter at school..I'm the only one home...and I hear these noises upstairs..like someone was brawling and throwing things and glass shattering. I thought omy..what in the world is going on up there. I knew no one was home..so I walked up stairs to see...and as soon as I started up the stairs ..it stopped. And upon entering my daughters room..nothing was broken or out of place.

Later I found out that the very first owners of the motel..when it was up and running...lived upstairs. I guess the husbands' name was Frank and he was quite the prankster. He became ill with cancer and was eventually put in a nursing home for his care. He knew he was dying and was not given very long and his last request was to go home and die there.  When they brought him home I guess he shot himself in the upstairs bedroom. So I figure one of the ghosts was him...and I told him that if we were going to live there together..leave my cat alone...being the prankster he was I figured it was him spookin Penny...and to let her in the bathroom so she can lay in the tub.  Penny never got spooked again after that and went into the bathroom like always to lay in the tub.

I figure the fight going on upstairs was him and that evil spirit. It's the only thing I can think of. It was a very spooky place...and twice I saw shadow people. Spooky spooky !!

Just thought I'd share..this forum seems to be dying out alittle..

Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2009 - 6:21PM #2
Deano

Sue, interesting, maybe you've a way with the other side, the ghost listened to you and left the cat alone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2009 - 7:31PM #3
Suesjourney2god

Hi Deano

I'm not sure if I can communicate with the other side or not. I do know that I can sense spirits and hear them. I figure Frank..the ghost in the house...could hear me too. He left my cat alone after I yelled at him..but other stuff happened around the house too. I was constantly feeling followed and watched. Sometimes a good feeling ..sometimes a very creepy one. My daughter was always scared in her room.

Blessings...Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 2:13PM #4
NANNY911

Hi Sue...

Very interesting story...this is my first tiime to this forum...

We've have a few experiences at our house too...but we really don't talk about them too much...not too many people believe, you know...they always seem to have an explanation for everything and just call it a Coincidence...but until you have felt, seen or heard it for yourself...you just never know.

Blessings

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 10:41AM #5
Bohemiangrrl

Great story Sue!  Thank you for sharing that.

I once lived in an apartment in a very old neighborhood.  It was the original dining room and kitchen to a house built in the 1800's.  My first night there I knew I was not living alone.

I'd had all my belongings in the bedroom (off the main room/living room/original dining room) because the landlord was refinishing the (ORIGINAL!!) hardwood floors for me before I moved in.  The bedroom had no lights in it though and I had not yet unpacked any lamps so it was very dark in there.  I was unpacking some boxes in the living room and hanging some pictures.  I'd grabbed a large framed poster from the bedroom (completely filled with boxes and junk) and went to hang it.  I found part of the frame was missing.  I went back to the bedroom to find it but I muttered outloud, "Crap, it's just too dark I'll never find it.  I'll look in the morning."  I turned and started to walk out of the room and heard a loud thump behind me.  A box had somehow tipped over onto it's side and kind of slid towards the door where the light from the living room spilled in.  The frame piece then fell out of the box.  After a moment of stunned silence I whispered "thank you."

After that I would periodically feel someone stroking my hair when I'd be lying on the couch watching TV.  Or hear someone in the hallways running down the stairs when the other tenet was not at home.  Sometimes the light would turn on and off a couple times, too. 

Then I got a kitten.  The poor thing was just tormented by this spirit.  It never bothered me much, just startled me at times.  But my poor kitten was just so terrified of it!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2009 - 4:33AM #6
Suesjourney2god

Hi Bohemiangrrl...I like your story too. I think it's fasinating!! Your "room-mate" sounds like a grandmotherly/motherly type of ghost. I've never had one interact with me like that. And your poor kitty...lol. They say that animals and young children can sense spirits better than grown ups/humans. My cat Penny could see the one in that place I lived in. I couldn't see it..but I knew it was there. Over the years I've learned how to keep them out of my "space".  I don't really mind the kind of ghosts that mean no harm..but after living in that one house/motel...I knew that evil spirits could get to me too. So I bless my space with a protection prayer thru Jesus. The house I live in now had a kind of "residue" of a spirit in it when I moved in...meaning it felt like a lingering, faint feeling of a ghost. But before moving in I went around to each window and door saying...'Spirits..you are not allowed in this house..you can not come thru a window or a door..I command you to stay out in Jesus Name ..Amen."  And it seems to work every time. But when my mom died..and my sister had a dream of her saying goodbye..and I didn't...I wondered why she didn't come say goodbye to me...and then remembered my protection spell..and realized it kept her out too.  So I took it off ..just so that I'd see her....and I did immediately...but then something else came in too...not a bad spirit really...just annoying. I was working 3rd shift and slept during the day...and one day while sleeping..."something" grabbed my night shirt collar and yanked me out of bed onto the floor. Some say I just fell out of bed...but I had a mark on my chest where it grabbed me. I was furious with it and told it to get the h*## out of my room I'm sleeping!! I put the protection prayer back on and haven't heard from my mom since...but I seem to attract any ghost..and my experiance with the evil entity in that motel...I don't want to take any chances.

Do you still live in that apartment? Did you have any other experiances with it other than stroking your hair and scaring your kitty? 

Blessings..Sue 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2009 - 5:06AM #7
Suesjourney2god

Mar 2, 2009 -- 2:13PM, NANNY911 wrote:

Hi Sue...

Very interesting story...this is my first tiime to this forum...

We've have a few experiences at our house too...but we really don't talk about them too much...not too many people believe, you know...they always seem to have an explanation for everything and just call it a Coincidence...but until you have felt, seen or heard it for yourself...you just never know.

Blessings

Hi Nanny911,

Sorry it took so long to say hello..time slips away from me so fast.

I agree with you...seeing, feeling and hearing a spirit ..is believing!! So what happens in your house? Are you the only one who feels it...?? I too have alot of skeptics tell me it's all my imagination. lol. A friend of mine tells me I'm crazy but yet he watches Ghost Hunter...and is quite hooked on the show...lol.  

I've had the ability to sense spirits around me all my life. When I was little we lived by these woods that I'd go play in alot. I was probably around 11-12 yrs old. I would feel the air around me grow heavy...like I was in a bubble kind of...no other sound but a rush of wind. I don't know how to describe the sound..but I'd feel pressure and it felt like standing in the middle of a crowded room. It would last about a minute or so..and then be gone. The woods and the space around me went back to normal and the first few times this happened I ran home scared out of my wits!!..lol. I've always been able to feel "them" around me since those days...and have even found the ability to cast them out of houses. Like an exocism sort of...but I'm not catholic or anything.  I just believe I can ...and it works. A friend of mine lived in an old house built in the late 1800's and she was the kind of person who believed in God..but didn't want him around much...in her house was at least 3 different spirits. I could sense a woman, a child and a man...the man is who concerened me the most...he wasn't demonic but he had a bad attitude so to speak. I felt that he was highly controling and very much the man of the house. The house had a servants stairs leading up to a single room...and my friend made this room into a personal space of her own..dolls and frilly things..a girly girl room. She said everytime she went up there she felt like someone was watching her and when she'd leave to go back down..felt like someone was about to shove her down the stairs. She had a reacuring dream at one point and she could hear people telling her..."He's coming!! He's coming!!"...like in frightened way. She was scared and felt that who ever "was coming" was evil and scary. So I bought her a bible and did a protection prayer for her on her house..and she never had that dream again..and felt peaceful going up to that one room.  I don't know what or who was coming but it sure didn't feel like a good thing.

Blessings...Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 11:07PM #8
Dreamweever2

Hi Sue,

Your story about that friend of yours really jumped out at me, so I decided to tell you about my experience. The house I have stood vacant for a period of time before my family moved in. I know nothing about it's history, only that it was built some time in the 1950's. After we lived here for a while, noises started. One day my ex was helping in the kitchen, when a yard stick flew off of the refrigerator, and hit him. It had been up there for quite some time, and was no where near the edge. My kids started telling me that they were seeing different things, and I tried to play it down so that they would not be afraid. One day a few years later, I was walking past my sons room, and thought I saw my daughter out of the corner of my eye, sitting on my sons bed watching tv. I called out to her to come out, and my mother said "Sarah's not here, she went to Heathers house". I went back and looked, and no one was there. Since then, I have seen the girl again, when my daughter was grown, and no longer living here. I had also had three recurring dreams, where I was living in a totally different house, half of which was swarming with possessed spirits and evil. Those dreams occured over the period of a month. After the last of those dreams, this house burnt. It had to be totally gutted, and rebuilt only using the frame and outer walls. After moving back in, a lot of bad things happened. The second sighting of that little girl that I had was after the house was rebuilt. My ex had been clean and sober for over 7 years, but relapsed a year after the fire. That lead to the end of the marriage. Then 3 1/2 years after the fire, I fell at work, and became totally disabled. We still hear noises, and sometimes see things move, but usually just blow them off because we have lived here now for over 20 years. Sometimes at night, if any of us get up to use the bathroom, when we are returning to our rooms, we have gotten the feeling of being rushed to get back into our rooms, and out of the hallway...a creepy feeling that I have felt, as well as my sons, and my daughter when she is here at night. I  wondered at times if there was any way that whatever this is was in any way connected to the things that have happened. These days I don't think about it too much, I've learned that thinking too much about it can mess with me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 5:19AM #9
Suesjourney2god

Mar 26, 2009 -- 11:07PM, Dreamweever2 wrote:

I  wondered at times if there was any way that whatever this is was in any way connected to the things that have happened. These days I don't think about it too much, I've learned that thinking too much about it can mess with me.

Hi Dreamweever2

I like your story. I've often heard that spirits can disrupt a household. Some feed on our energy and cause anger and hostility between family members.   Drinking can occur...increase in arguing..stuff like that. I'm sorry your marriage ended.

So I take it you still live in the house? Over the years have you seen the little girl anymore?

Blessings, Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 6:00AM #10
Dreamweever2

Hi Sue,

To answer your question, no. With all the years of living here, I have only seen the little girl twice. The first time was when I saw her in my sons room, and thought it was my daughter. The second time was about 7 or 8 years later early one morning in my living room. I was getting ready for work and it was maybe 20 minutes after sunrise. I heard noise outside, and went to open the front door to see what was going on. When I walked through the room, I saw her out of the corner of my eye watching me. I turned my head to get a better look, and she was gone. The noise outside was police and fire department responding to a car fire at the end of the street, which was a stolen vehicle that was dumped. I do still live in this house with my 2 sons and brother. The house is a single level ranch style, on a concrete slab. I have heard what sounded like a small child running in the attic. I began to wonder if a racoon had somehow gotten into the attic, and had my son go up there to check it out the next day. There was nothing up there, and no way for an animal to enter. At one point, my daughter brought home sage and sea salt from someone she worked with. The things that happened here had her scared. She still doesn't like this house at night. There are still noises, and things sometimes fall for no reason. We have even watched a football roll end over end approximately 3-4 feet across the floor, when it had been laying in the same spot for a few hours before it moved. I just don't want to think that the events here have in any way contributed to the big mishaps that have happened. If that were the case, I would be afraid of what will happen next.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook