Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2009 - 9:06AM #1
One_World
So this morning I'm listening to my ipod while driving to work. I have a 40 minute commute each morning, so the alone time lends itself well to contemplation. I was thinking about my day ahead when I heard the song's lyrics mention the word "reflected".

I immediately saw myself (but not me, if it makes sense) standing in dark stone building (perhaps a castle) with a maroon rug with gold trim on the ground. I was standing in front of a very pretty red-haired woman, who wore a dark green sort of gown/blouse. Her eyes were wet as though she was holding back tears, and in her eyes I could see the reflection of the fireplace behind me. The image of the dancing flames in her eyes was beautiful. I think I was telling her to leave for her safety, or that I had to leave soon. This was all I saw of the event in my mind, but I knew it was nighttime and raining outside the building. It was very windy, the castle was high up on the coast next to the turbulent sea,  set away from the nearest town. My feeling is that we were in Scotland, on the western shore toward the north of the country.

As soon as I saw all of this in my mind's eye, it was gone. But I felt like my nerves were tingling and jagged, like I had just endured something emotional. The logical side of me thought I had just imagined an image when I heard the song mention "reflected". However, thanks to some previous time spent in this forum I am quite open to reincarnation. But it seems to me that past life memory often happens during sleep or deep meditation. I was doing neither, just driving to work.

Is this common or uncommon for most of you with stronger ability? If you've had a waking experience like this, how hard was it to tell yourself it was just your imagination running wild?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars ~ Oscar Wilde
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2009 - 10:38PM #2
hulynne

This was a wonderful experience to have! We call this a waking dream, and you were ready to have this past life remembrance. Do not discount this. You might keep a journal (if you don't already), to see if other details play out later, either in a dream or your contemplations.

The attention to detail, and the emotions you felt make it an important life to recall.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 3:05AM #3
DotNotInOz

Hulynne remarks: "The attention to detail, and the emotions you felt make it an important life to recall."

As for its being "an important life to recall," I'm hesitant to assess what One World has reported here.

Degree of detail or emotional impact doesn't necessarily signify the importance of a past life memory, particularly when One World hasn't as yet any basis for comparison. In this instance, that there was so much emotionally heavy detail may simply be "the dam breaking." In other words, One World's soul, spirit--whatever you want to call it--poured a substantial number of affecting details into this glimpse into past lives to "hit the mule over the head with a 2x4," so to speak.

Past life memories that repeatedly break through into dreams or into conscious awareness are more likely to signify a lifetime that will have substantial impact once recalled, IMO. Intensity of one moment of recall isn't an adequate measure of the importance or lack thereof of a past life, I don't think. It may take years of contemplation and attempts to integrate memories before the importance of a specific past life becomes evident. But then, this opinion may merely reflect my experience and have little or no bearing upon someone else's.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 4:34PM #4
One_World

Thanks to you both. I appreciate the suggestion to keep a journal...my mom recommended it as well. I have never journalled or anything of the sort, so this is a little new. I think I'll just take a notebook and add a dated entry to describe what happened and what I saw.

I think you're both correct about the significance of a single event in this case...while it may or may not have been an important life to recall, the importance of the "2x4" makes it huge in my eyes. I've mentioned this before in another thread, but I've been really into the history and culture of Ireland (and other Gaelic lands to a lesser extent) for nearly a decade now. Although I thought this experience depicted a scene on Scotland's western coast, it really might have been Ireland. If it turns out that it was Ireland, that will be major validation (in my mind) to my feelings towards Ireland. Although, the western coast of Scotland is as near to Ireland as you get I think.

I'm very interested in trying to find out more, hopefully my memory is cooperative over time. If not, well, that's life I suppose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 6:20PM #5
Nay_ho_tze

Hello OneWorld:

Sorry for coming late to this discussion.  I saw your post when you first mae it, but Beliefnet was in the technical midst of changing its format during which time posts made would be lost, so I held off responding, as I wanted to be sure that you saw this.

That said, please accept this hearty welcome to Beliefnet's Reincarnation and Past Life forum.  As you've probably already gathered, this is the non-debate learn-about board where like-minded folks can gather and discuss without concern of retribution.

OTOH, if you haven't already discovered it, and if it'd interest you, click here to access PL&R in Beliefnet's debate and general discussion forum.

With regards to your questions, I invite you to click here to access a thread titled "Reincarnation 101."  Additionally this thread of Frequently Asked Questions is an excellent subject overview that will provide you with valuable information about how to further investigate your seemingly surfacing past life memory (a/k/a: PLM, among us reincarnationists *lol*)...

Again, welcome to the forum.  It's very nice to have you with us.

NHT
PL&R
host
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 7:37PM #6
mainecaptain

Just stopping by to say hello, now that I have sort of found this board again.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 9:49PM #7
One_World

Nay_ho_tze: Thanks for the welcome. I have perused the FAQ and Reincarnation 101, and have learned a lot from both threads. Thank you! I will check out the Discussion board too, though at this point I'd much prefer the 'safer' learn-about board here.

Mainecaptain: Hello to one of my favorite B'Netters! Nice to see you around the boards after the big move ;)

edit: Sorry NHT, the last two links in your post don't seem to be working. Could you possibly point me in the right direction to the thread in the FAQ? Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 2:09PM #8
Nay_ho_tze

OneWorld writes: Sorry NHT, the last two links in your post don't seem to be working. Could you possibly point me in the right direction to the thread in the FAQ? Thanks!

Oy!!

What a ton of "housekeeping" this change has created for hosts ...messing up the old HTML big time --  I've been running around for two days tracking down previously deleted nasties that have suddenly reappeared, replacing images that have reverted to HTML, reworking broken links, etc., etc.

At any rate, thanks for the heads' up, OneWorld ...

However, since I haven't as of yet gained enough intelligence to crack the mystery of creating links (or posting images, for that matter) here are the addresses to the above-mentioned discussions:

FAQ thread:  http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/34789/13160049/FAQs

Reincarnation101:  http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/34789/13158089/Reincarnation_101 

Oh, and if anyone is the wiser and has already figured out the magical ritual for link-casting and image posting, I'd be much appreciative if you'd post your wisdom in the newly opened thread titled "HTML and other such magic"  ... and yes, I've tried the "insert/edit image" option as well as the "insert/edit link" option, both to no avail ... what am I doing wrong? she asks the monkey in the mirror staring back at her!!

=D

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 2:13PM #9
Nay_ho_tze

"Oh," replies the monkey, "You just post the address and voilà a link is created!!"

Well, that would be my MO - making everything more difficult than it needs to be ...

=D

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 2:44PM #10
One_World

No worries, NHT. You do a great job keeping things in order...it's just like me to start trouble where it's not needed .

All I know about this kind of formatting is when adding a link, you can add it over text by highlighting the word that will become the link. When it's still highlighted (hold the left mouse button and 'drag' it across the word to highlight), click the "Insert/edit link" button. Then, paste/enter the URL link to the page you wish to reference. For example, I could link to Beliefnet like so...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook