Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Rising Sign vs Sun Sign
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 9:10PM #11
Kartari
[QUOTE=dharmabum40;840815]I don't really know how to do these quote things so forgive me if this is all confusing.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. :)  We can figure it out.

[QUOTE=dharmabum40;840815]Yes -- lol -- I know thinking everyone is looking at me is my Leo Rising -- it sucks too.... and yes -- I always think everyone is looking at me.  When I was younger I would ask people why everyone was always looking at me.  See -- thanks to astrology I know -- and I can joke around about it.  I've really got some amazingly funny stories about my Leo rising vanity -- it just sometimes comes out of nowhere.  When I realize it I just laugh now.[/QUOTE]

That is a good sign, that you are conscious of it and laugh about it. :)

[QUOTE=dharmabum40;840815]I just love this stuff!

Thanks for your reply![/QUOTE]

Me too, you're welcome. :)  It's all about becoming conscious or aware imo.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2008 - 1:39AM #12
LilDanea
Actually I have found the opposite. Atleast in my own personal life. The personality is comprised of the Ascendant Midheaven Sun and Moon signs. I was much more a cancer (sun) as a child and teen than I am now. I now live through my pisces ascendant and sagittarius midheaven. This ascendant makes me extremely sensitive to my environment and quite intune with other peoples emotions. I am very outspoken on a political and spiritual level which would be my midheaven. WIth the Pisces ascendant it is almost impossible for me to hide behind a persona. We need to take into account the rising sign of the progressed chart. For instance if your sun in your natal chart is in the second house, when the progressed or even solar arc ascendant reaches the sign of your sun you will project that energy more strongly.
When I read or watch horoscopes I always go with my rising sign. My sun is in the 4th so If I were to use my suns horoscope it really wouldnt apply since my sun is in the 4th and not the 1st. The sector of the chart effected by transits would be quite different than the actual natal chart locations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2008 - 1:39AM #13
LilDanea
Actually I have found the opposite. Atleast in my own personal life. The personality is comprised of the Ascendant Midheaven Sun and Moon signs. I was much more a cancer (sun) as a child and teen than I am now. I now live through my pisces ascendant and sagittarius midheaven. This ascendant makes me extremely sensitive to my environment and quite intune with other peoples emotions. I am very outspoken on a political and spiritual level which would be my midheaven. WIth the Pisces ascendant it is almost impossible for me to hide behind a persona. We need to take into account the rising sign of the progressed chart. For instance if your sun in your natal chart is in the second house, when the progressed or even solar arc ascendant reaches the sign of your sun you will project that energy more strongly.
When I read or watch horoscopes I always go with my rising sign. My sun is in the 4th so If I were to use my suns horoscope it really wouldnt apply since my sun is in the 4th and not the 1st. The sector of the chart effected by transits would be quite different than the actual natal chart locations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2008 - 11:39AM #14
EyesoftheWorld
Wow! that sounds interesting but it over my head! please, if you have the time, explain a little more... elaborate...

thanks!
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2008 - 2:00AM #15
Kartari
[QUOTE=LilDanea;878939]Actually I have found the opposite. Atleast in my own personal life. The personality is comprised of the Ascendant Midheaven Sun and Moon signs. I was much more a cancer (sun) as a child and teen than I am now. I now live through my pisces ascendant and sagittarius midheaven...[/QUOTE]

That makes perfect sense.  The ascendant and midheaven are house cusps.  And the houses govern arenas of life which we learn about over our lifetimes.  The ascendant, being the mask we wear, would naturally develop in childhood rather than be strong from birth, for example.

It's not really the opposite of what I said, though.  I said the Moon is stronger than the Sun at a young age.

[QUOTE=LilDanea;878939]When I read or watch horoscopes I always go with my rising sign. My sun is in the 4th so If I were to use my suns horoscope it really wouldnt apply since my sun is in the 4th and not the 1st. The sector of the chart effected by transits would be quite different than the actual natal chart locations.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm familiar with this and agree it is a superior way to read horoscopes in theory.  The astrologers who write horoscopes generalize everyone to have the same ascendant as their sun sign, so if you go with your ascendant, you often do pick up the correct house placements.  Personally though I never really get much out of horoscopes, whether I read the sun sign or ascendant.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 4:05AM #16
Capricorn-87

This is a very intriguing subject at hand. Im a Capricorn w/ a Virgo Moon and a Aquarius Rising, dating a Capricorn w/ a Taurus Moon a Aries Rising. So as the relationship progressed come to find out he has equal traits all around. One moment, he puts you in the mind of an Aries when he gets angry and frustrated then, a Virgo when he trying to get to know a person. Later on, his true traits comes out when you push just the buttons and then you'll see the real Goat surface and act out all in one.......................

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 4:29AM #17
Capricorn-87

Yes. It's so true about the Ascendant,Moon,Sun and Midheaven Signs. And mainly, if your Ascendant is a lot stronger than your Sun Sign, but w/ mine its the Midheaven that's "Strong" as the Moon and my Sun Sign. But my Ascendant is not so strong, so I goes by my Sun,Moon and Midheaven Signs. All because of their the strongest out all.................... (Moon Virgo, Sun Capricorn and Midheaven Scorpio)............................

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 4:51AM #18
Capricorn-87

YES. thats so true about the Moon is what your friends and soulmate sees when their w/ you. All b/c  I met and feel in love w/ a Pisces w/ a Taurus Moon and a Gemini Rising. Not knowing that our Signs went together so well, b/c my Sun is Capricorn w/ a Virgo Moon and a Aquarius Rising and i really must say that we were a match made in heaven.....................We thought,felt acted,spoked all on the same exact level, to the point that it was scary @ first.................Now, im dating a Capricorn w/ a Taurus Moon and a Aries Rising and still it feels so unique and different, comfortable, soothing, relaxing,homey and like we've known each other all our lives................................Sometimes Signs can be so strong and compatible until, you just can't but be attracted to one another strongly.................................................

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook