Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Pluto in Capricorn, what does it mean?
6 years ago  ::  May 19, 2008 - 5:40PM #1
ManzanitaBear
I have never been certain if I entirely believe in astrology, but this gives me chills, a sign of deep recognition:

I recently wrote to an internet friend of mine (we've been e-pals for a couple of years now, but have never met in person, living on different continents) and was griping about the state of my life... and I finished with,  "I wonder if there's some astrological disaster happening right now.... It seems like everywhere I turn someone has their life in the toilet."  I knew my friend took astrology at least somewhat seriously, but did not know exactly how seriously, and here's part of what she wrote back to me:

"....this year, Pluto has moved into Capricorn - I don't know what star sign you are, but Pluto is an outer planet and affects everyone - ruler of the 'underworld' and a lot of repressed/hidden issues etc. are supposed to be bubbling up..."

Gave me chills.  That certainly does fit my life and my recent problems--and the fact that, whenever I've been meditating, underworld figures seem to appear (but that's another story).

Is this especially strong for people who have Capricorn as one of their significant signs?  I'm a Leo, but Capricorn is my rising sign--so does that mean it would especially affect me?

And something else:  I posted this story on the Intuitive Counseling board, and don't want to take the time and space to repeat it all here, but if anyone wants to read at least my first post, it's in the Working Through Serious Hurt thread.  The person I'm having this huge problem with is a Capricorn.  And it all feels astronomical, not like just any ordinary conflict with hurt feelings.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 25, 2008 - 12:43AM #2
Kartari
Pluto is always affecting people, but yes, for anyone with some Capricorn planets in their chart, it will be especially felt.  With Capricorn rising (aka ascendant), some deep seated transformations in your lifestyle would indeed be due.  Maybe some things in your life that once served you and you hold onto, but which don't really serve you any longer, will suddenly be lost, reformed or transformed... whether you wish it or not.  In any of these three cases, they will be replaced by something more pertinent to your destiny, to who you are on a higher or deeper level.  Pluto is the reformer.  It can feel very devastating, razing to the ground that which is no longer needed (but not necessarily unwanted), but it makes space for something more in tune with your higher purpose or destiny to take shape.  Let yourself feel what comes up (don't suppress anything, it will only come back to haunt you), but don't forget to come up for air, and learn to go with the flow... this, too, shall pass.

When a planet hits the ascendant, it also opposes the descendant (7th house cusp), which means that the people in your life whom you consider intimates or long term partners (spouse, close friends, business partners, even professionals or counselors you deal with long term) would also be feeling some deep seated changes.  This is because the 7th house governs the types of people you draw into your life as such, and the nature of an opposition is, well, opposition.  Your Capricorn friend would be undergoing transformations to her very identity, her sense of self.

There may be other factors affecting you and/or her as well (probably are), bringing more specific issues to light.  Saturn is trining Pluto in early Virgo right now, so many aspects that Pluto is making also involve Saturn.  Just one of these two forces alone (Pluto or Saturn) can really feel very depressing and dark when you get off track, so now is a good time to seek the advice of a professional astrologer, for both of you.  I would go on, but I could write a book.  Peace and best wishes.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 25, 2008 - 3:49PM #3
ManzanitaBear
Thank you for that, Katari.  I'm getting a deep seated "aha' with all this, so it must be on the right track!

That first paragraph in your post tells me EXACTLY what's going on with me right now.  And the second really rings a bell.  (The "Capricorn friend" is a him, by the way, and he's been a strong professional mentor and guide to me--but not now, since his behavior makes me unable to trust him.)

I don't remember where most of my planets are--I don't think I have any in Capricorn; it's just my rising sign.  Mars and Venus are both Virgo; I do remember that.

I never thought I'd consult an astrologer, but you never know... that may be the next thing I do!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 27, 2008 - 11:27AM #4
Kartari
Seeing an astrologer for the first time is an interesting experience.  A person you've never met before can tell you so much about yourself, and what's going on in your life.  Look for someone who incorporates free will into their philosophy.  Astrologer certification is a new thing, so there are many uncertified astrologers out there who are very good, but if you don't have any recommendations from friends, the following links may be useful to you in order to find a certified astrologer in your area (some also offer phone, taped or email readings, though if you want to ask questions go with an in-person or phone reading).

American Federation of Astrologers (AFA): http://www.astrologers.com/
National Council for Geocosmic Research (NCGR): http://www.geocosmic.org/
Steven & Jodie Forrest: http://stevenforrest.com/
Noel Tyl: http://www.noeltyl.com/
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 27, 2008 - 3:47PM #5
ManzanitaBear
Are you personally familiar with any of these? And do you know what astrologers typically charge?  I'm on a very low budget, so that's a consideration.

I checked those links, and no one is listed in my area.  I wouldn't be against something online, but it would be good to meet someone in person.  The important thing is whether this person really knows what they're doing, and how comfortable I feel with him or her, not whether they're certified or not.  I don't know if I know anyone in my area who'd be in touch with local astrologers; it's not something that's ever come up for discussion.  I do know several people in the alternative healing community, and there well may be connections, but I don't know what they are.

Thanks for the info!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 27, 2008 - 9:16PM #6
Sfltracey
Kartari,

Isn't this supposed to have a major influence on our society over the next decade or so? Someone had told me it will be a similar impact to that of the 60's although not necessarily the same content.

I had posted a few weeks ago a question about Saturn conjunct Pluto for me in the Fall, wondering if others are going through the same...I imagine somebody is right? I was surprised nobody responded. I can't say I was pleased when I read the summary of what it meant. Yikes.

Tracey
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 28, 2008 - 3:16PM #7
ManzanitaBear
Another jolt: I just went to one of those websites where you can get a birth chart by putting in your date, time, and place of birth (I had done so before, but forgot exactly what my chart looked like).  Turns out the one planet I have in Cancer (my seventh house!) is Saturn.  Looks like heavy stuff, from what little I know.

I was right about Capricorn; I don't have any planets there, it's just my ascendant.  A little off about what I have in Virgo: it's Venus and Mercury, not Mars.  Mars is in Gemini.

Very curious now to get my chart interpreted and see what it all means.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 28, 2008 - 3:16PM #8
ManzanitaBear
Another jolt: I just went to one of those websites where you can get a birth chart by putting in your date, time, and place of birth (I had done so before, but forgot exactly what my chart looked like).  Turns out the one planet I have in Cancer (my seventh house!) is Saturn.  Looks like heavy stuff, from what little I know.

I was right about Capricorn; I don't have any planets there, it's just my ascendant.  A little off about what I have in Virgo: it's Venus and Mercury, not Mars.  Mars is in Gemini.

Very curious now to get my chart interpreted and see what it all means.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 29, 2008 - 2:48PM #9
ManzanitaBear
Actually, what I'm looking for is to have my chart interpreted based on what's going on in my life, not what kind of personality I'm supposed to have.  Reading those descriptions, like with any astrological description I've ever read, some of it describes me and some of it doesn't.  I expect it would take a professional, or maybe a well studied amateur, to tell me what's really going on.

Looking at the chart of aspects--which I don't really understand--I see lots of difficult ones with lots of my planets.

Just for fun, though, here's what it tells me about where the important things are:

Sun = Leo
Moon = Sagittarius
Mercury = Virgo
Venus = Virgo
Mars = Gemini
Jupiter = Aries
Saturn = Cancer
Uranus = Libra
Neptune = Sagittarius
Pluto = Libra
Ascendant = Capricorn
Mid Heaven = Libra
North Node = Scorpio
Chiron = Aries

The house orders they're giving me don't quite make sense--that chart is claiming that both Leo and Virgo are my 8th house. Should be Leo, since Capricorn is my ascendant, shouldn't it? Libra is given as my 9th house for Uranus and my 10th for Pluto, and Sagittarius as the 12th house for the moon and 11th for Neptune... does it have to do with how many degrees in something is? It does say Saturn, in Cancer, is in my 7th house.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 12:34AM #10
Kartari
ManzanitaBear - Prices from $50 to $100 per in-person reading is typical, some charge a lot more.

If you live in my area, I can definitely recommend someone with great insight and care.  She's my teacher and a very good friend, and has been studying astrology for a few decades.  She charges either $75 or $100 for in-person readings, I forget (I'll find out for you).  I'd rather not say where I live in a public forum (I value my privacy).  But I will send you a friendship invite in a moment - accept it and send me a PM and I'll give you more info (I blocked PMs from all but friends due to spam).  I also went to someone who charges $50, if that's more doable for you; while good, he doesn't give you as much time as my friend.

You're very welcome. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook