Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View North and South nodes
6 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 1:25PM #21
ManzanitaBear
Okay... here are some argumentative thoughts on north/south nodes that have been brewing for some time:

How is it that everyone born within the same roughly year and a half period has the same kinds of past life experiences (actually, I'm agnostic about reincarnation, but going along with Spiller's assertion that we have all those past life patterns building up), and needs the same sort of life lessons?  Or does house placement change that somewhat?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2008 - 12:32AM #22
Kartari
Reincarnation is not a required belief for astrology, actually, though many astrologers do believe in and use it in connection with the nodes.  The nodes neither confirm nor deny reincarnation.  You may fill in reincarnation, genetic predisposition, or whatever theory you like to explain why we're born with certain blind spots and growth potential.  The only belief astrology requires us to believe in is that there is a connection between who we are and the natural cycles of the cosmos.

With that said, yes, house placements affect it very much.  The influence of the signs and houses is 50/50 (just like every other planet and luminary, such as your Leo sun in the 8th house).  In fact, the entire chart needs to be fully interpreted to get a better, more specific feel for what a person's nodes are saying.  Aspects between the planets and luminaries with respect to the nodes also plays a very important role in interpreting one's nodes.  Planets and luminaries conjunct the south node are looked upon as gifts meant to be utilized.  Planets and luminaries conjunct the north node help move us forward into our growth potential, so we're especially pushing to grow.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 10:39PM #23
aylen
The astrologers said correctly.Whether you believe it or not the nodes in the houses work exactly like that only.It is due to the sun signs.Usually no one believe these kinds of things.But the fact is correct.The astrologers usually say correctly.But now a days no one are believing them.Its due to modern life.

=========================
aylen
South Carolina Drug Treatment
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 11:17PM #24
annik
The astrologers said correctly.The nodes in the houses work like that.But now a days fashion is very high in this society.people go through modern life.so many of the people don't like this North and South nodes because of its modern life.
========================
gracy

For more details about Drug Addiction..
South Carolina Drug Treatment
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 4:51PM #25
Play_Dough
[QUOTE=sfltracey;491242]In all the years I have been reading about astrology I don't know why I didn't read up on the north and south nodes more often. Yesterday I listened to a reading I had done by a professional astrologer a year ago and he was reviewing the nodes for me. I must have not paid much attention in the reading since I was so focused on work stuff and where I was at astrologically.

My north node is in Taurus in the 6th house and south node is in Scorpio in the 12th house. As I was listening to him it really made sense to me karmically where I am in my life. It is also helps a little with where I am with my purpose in life. I love the metaphor of the dragon's head and tail.

Does anyone else pay much attention to their nodes?[/QUOTE]

The idea of 'lunar nodes' is best (opinion) associated with the idea of 'reincarnation'.
A general 'rule-of-thumb' regarding node placement (sign/house) is:
South Node : "Been there, done that"
North Node: "indicates that activity generally associated with the North Node's sign and house placement is a 'path of joy and fulfillment'.

In your case, with the North Node in Taurus and in the 6th house, it seems that one path of fulfillment or 'self actualization' is related to 6th house activities, including 'enjoyment' (Taurus) and expressions of 'love' since Taurus is ruled by Venus. Virgo, the natural occupant of the 6th house is 'mutable earth' ruled by Mercury (mental patterns/focus) and also relates to 'the human body' as a 'servant' of the indwelling spirit.

As such, your North Node placement, in my opinion, is associated with a more 'enlightened' (and kind and loving - Venusian) association of your 'consciousness' with your physical body.
For instance, exercise, intelligent diet, artful presentation (grooming), relaxation, pleasure, sensory delights. Perhaps to overcome the South Node (past) influences of having Scorpio in the 12th house which may make a 'Mahatma Gandhi' lifestyle seem attractive but to the detriment of your physical wellbeing.
So, this lifetime is one (one 'agenda') of balancing the physical (6th house) with the spiritual (12th house of karma and 'the removal of 'secret enemies') and enhancing your long-term wellbeing.

Perhaps, in other words, what I am expressing is that your 'past life' spiritual activities have earned you an opportunity to enjoy the fruits of your past accomplishments and a part of those 'fruits' (benefits) is enjoyment (in intelligent moderation) that is typically associated with sentience.  So, to enjoy the benefits of past-life successes ever-mindful that excess can and does produce problematic results....  so temperance and proper care of the body is now a primary item for you to master.

The advice that I have offered here can apply generally..  but for your lunar node placement it is 'emphasized' and, as such, presents itself as your 'next step' in evolution.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2008 - 7:10PM #26
Sfltracey
Play_Dough,

Thank you for your detailed response to my original post. It is definitely enlightening. The word temperance caught my eye as it is a tarot card that has popped up often in readings I have done for myself. Thanks again!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 2:26PM #27
Play_Dough
[QUOTE=sfltracey;735893]Play_Dough,

Thank you for your detailed response to my original post. It is definitely enlightening. The word temperance caught my eye as it is a tarot card that has popped up often in readings I have done for myself. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

You are most welcome!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2008 - 1:18AM #28
Kartari
Play_Dough,

Very insightful comments.

[QUOTE=Play_Dough;724724]The idea of 'lunar nodes' is best (opinion) associated with the idea of 'reincarnation'.[/QUOTE]

I prefer it as well.

[QUOTE=Play_Dough;724724]A general 'rule-of-thumb' regarding node placement (sign/house) is:
South Node : "Been there, done that"
North Node: "indicates that activity generally associated with the North Node's sign and house placement is a 'path of joy and fulfillment'.[/QUOTE]

The North Node also represents that which you are most unfamiliar with, so it is not necessarily an easy path (but nonetheless a path to joy and fulfillment, as you've stated).

[QUOTE=Play_Dough;724724]As such, your North Node placement, in my opinion, is associated with a more 'enlightened' (and kind and loving - Venusian) association of your 'consciousness' with your physical body.
For instance, exercise, intelligent diet, artful presentation (grooming), relaxation, pleasure, sensory delights.[/QUOTE]

To add to this, I get the feel that sfltracey would benefit from simple (Taurus) routines (6th house) in her daily life.  Perhaps in the past (and to this day, likely to a lesser extent) she has been a bit "lost in the sauce"?  Organizing her daily life might benefit her well.  Of course this all depends on the rest of the chart (if she has a lot of Virgo or other earth, for example, this would not be so much of an issue).

[QUOTE=Play_Dough;724724]Perhaps to overcome the South Node (past) influences of having Scorpio in the 12th house which may make a 'Mahatma Gandhi' lifestyle seem attractive but to the detriment of your physical wellbeing.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but feel obliged to clarify that while Gandhi as the spiritual ascetic, dedicated to the service of others, fits sfltracey's South Node, Gandhi's fame is certainly not a 12th house expression (quite the opposite, in the house governing that which is most hidden).  She was the "wind beneath my wings", as the song goes, rather than the visible bird.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 2:39PM #29
Sfltracey
Thank you for your comments. The astrologer told me service to others and following daily routines are both important regarding my north node. Katari you asked my what aspects are in Virgo and I looked. I have Pluto and Uranus in Virgo both in the 10th house. I noted that following a routine is not so easy with Uranus in Virgo. This is quite true as I change my mind all of the time when it comes to doing things. I suspect it has affected my lack of commitment even because I will need to have a routine by having someone in my life. Service to others is much easier for me though. Although I need my alone time I do enjoy helping other people.

As for being "lost in the sauce" no doubt that has been a problem but not for several years. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 6:50PM #30
ManzanitaBear
I found some more on north/south nodes:  Jan Spiller has another book out, called Cosmic Love. With a lot about how your relationship to a particular person is likely to play out depending on where your north/south nodes are in relation to their houses, and vice versa.  The main focus is on romantic partners, but it's general enough information that most of it would apply to other kinds of relationships, too.

I looked up information for a couple of people in my life.  One of them, I was absolutely certain had the north node in my tenth house, because this person's north node sign is ten away from my ascendant--and, most importantly, because Spiller's description of what to expect if their north node is in your tenth house fit amazingly well.  I also suspected (and a visit to Spiller's cosmic love website confirmed this), that their south node conjoined my Jupiter, because of things that had happened.  But... according to the cosmic love site, their north node is in my ninth house, not my tenth.

How could that be, when the tenth house description was so perfect?

Could the site have gotten it wrong?  I don't know what time of day this person was born, so the site used sunrise as the assumed birth time. Could that have thrown it, and could their north node really be in my tenth house?  Or would that not be sensitive enough to be affected by birth time?

And for another person, based on their north node and my ascendant, I knew it was probably in my second house, or possibly first or third... but none of the descriptions of what they bring to me seemed to fit how it really is.  According to the cosmic love site (and I do know this person's time of birth), it's the second house. And my north node is in their eleventh house, and the description in the book of what you give to them does fit very well.

(And if Kartari is reading this, both these people are ones we've talked about regarding my chart and theirs.  You can probably tell which is which!)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook