Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View North and South nodes
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 7:40PM #1
Sfltracey
In all the years I have been reading about astrology I don't know why I didn't read up on the north and south nodes more often. Yesterday I listened to a reading I had done by a professional astrologer a year ago and he was reviewing the nodes for me. I must have not paid much attention in the reading since I was so focused on work stuff and where I was at astrologically.

My north node is in Taurus in the 6th house and south node is in Scorpio in the 12th house. As I was listening to him it really made sense to me karmically where I am in my life. It is also helps a little with where I am with my purpose in life. I love the metaphor of the dragon's head and tail.

Does anyone else pay much attention to their nodes?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2008 - 9:47AM #2
Kartari
Hi, yes, I do.  The moon's nodes are extremely important, as they spell out our hidden strengths that must be brought into consciousness and utilized, and our habitual and comfortable patterns that must be deemphasized, in order to grow in the most fundamental of ways.  There's a great book out there on the nodes, "Astrology for the Soul" by Jan Spiller.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 6:33PM #3
ManzanitaBear
I've thumbed through that book, but only just... it seemed like a lot of personality description, and some of it fits and some of it doesn't.

However, this is curious:  I've had more than one person say there must be some Scorpio in my chart, sometimes teasing, sometimes serious (someone who knows me well says it because of my vicious streak!).  I have no planets at all in Scorpio... but come to find out, it is my north node.  Does that mean there is after all prominent Scorpio in my chart?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 9:16PM #4
Sfltracey
MB,

What house is Scorpio in your North node?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 9:28PM #5
Kartari
The nodes for you could play a part, though I suspect it has more to do with something else... Capricorn rising and a Leo sun, you're sun probably falls in the 8th house... ruled by Pluto, the ruling planet of... (drum roll please)... Scorpio. :)  The sun in the 8th house would add strong Scorpio qualities to your personality... an 8th house sun would be more probing, be more in touch with the dark side of life, than a typical Leo.  To oversimplify for the sake of making a point, it's like you have Scorpio and Leo as a sun sign, 50/50.  Cap rising would also emphasize the somber, serious qualities in you, or at least with those whom you meet for the first time or whom you know very casually, qualities more in line with Scorpio than Leo (or at least how Scorpio comes across... somber is not necessarily a Scorpio trait).  Your Sag moon is probably in the 4th house, so all that fiery exuberance is likely hidden except to those closest to you (if them, even).  Though I'm guessing where your planets fall, I'd have to see the chart... they could be in neighboring houses to the ones I'm guessing.

I've been taking classes and reading books for ten years and I'm still learning, so it's a big and complicated art, interpreting astrology.  Reading books like the one I mentioned do tend to be that way (hit and miss), but as you learn, you come to know how to put the pieces of your chart together into an integrated whole.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 1:25PM #6
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=Kartari;534225]The nodes for you could play a part, though I suspect it has more to do with something else... Capricorn rising and a Leo sun, you're sun probably falls in the 8th house... ruled by Pluto, the ruling planet of... (drum roll please)... Scorpio. :)  The sun in the 8th house would add strong Scorpio qualities to your personality... an 8th house sun would be more probing, be more in touch with the dark side of life, than a typical Leo.  To oversimplify for the sake of making a point, it's like you have Scorpio and Leo as a sun sign, 50/50.  Cap rising would also emphasize the somber, serious qualities in you, or at least with those whom you meet for the first time or whom you know very casually, qualities more in line with Scorpio than Leo (or at least how Scorpio comes across... somber is not necessarily a Scorpio trait). [/quote]
Wow, Kartari, you're describing me exactly!  I'd always thought I must not really be a Leo, because what Leos are "supposed" to be like isn't much me.  Now I know.  And yes, Leo is in my eighth house according to my chart.

[QUOTE=Kartari;534225]Your Sag moon is probably in the 4th house, so all that fiery exuberance is likely hidden except to those closest to you (if them, even).  Though I'm guessing where your planets fall, I'd have to see the chart... they could be in neighboring houses to the ones I'm guessing.[/quote]
The moon is in my twelfth house, according to the chart I just got.  How could it possibly be fourth with Capricorn ascendant?  But yes, I'd say the fiery essence is well hidden, except to people who know me well.

[QUOTE=Kartari;534225] Reading books like the one I mentioned do tend to be that way (hit and miss), but as you learn, you come to know how to put the pieces of your chart together into an integrated whole.[/QUOTE]
That's why I never believed in astrology before.  Reading your horoscope seems like nothing more than a party game, and all that stuff is written vaguely enough that most people can be persuaded that it applies to them.

It's starting to really interest me now, though.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 1:27PM #7
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=sfltracey;534207]MB,

What house is Scorpio in your North node?[/QUOTE]
The eleventh.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 1:42PM #8
ManzanitaBear
Additional thoughts on my chart:

Fire is the most prevalent element (sun, moon, and two planets), but these checks and balances are enough to keep it mostly hidden?  And I have almost no water--one planet in Cancer is it--but before I knew what was in my birth chart, I would have honestly thought water was a prevalent element.  Does the strengthened Scorpio account for that?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 11:11PM #9
Kartari
[QUOTE=ManzanitaBear;535299]The moon is in my twelfth house, according to the chart I just got.  How could it possibly be fourth with Capricorn ascendant?  But yes, I'd say the fiery essence is well hidden, except to people who know me well.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, mathematical error on my part... I blame it on the late hour. ;)  4th & 12th are not that indifferent in some respects... both would hide your Sag moon well, so the little I wrote about it still applies. :)  Planets in the 12th house are hidden, sometimes even from those with them...

[QUOTE=ManzanitaBear;535299]That's why I never believed in astrology before.  Reading your horoscope seems like nothing more than a party game, and all that stuff is written vaguely enough that most people can be persuaded that it applies to them.

It's starting to really interest me now, though.[/QUOTE]

I feel that horoscopes have done more harm than good to the reputation of astrology.  They should be taken no more seriously than as a form of amusement.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 11:16PM #10
Kartari
[QUOTE=ManzanitaBear;535336]Additional thoughts on my chart:

Fire is the most prevalent element (sun, moon, and two planets), but these checks and balances are enough to keep it mostly hidden?  And I have almost no water--one planet in Cancer is it--but before I knew what was in my birth chart, I would have honestly thought water was a prevalent element.  Does the strengthened Scorpio account for that?[/QUOTE]

The 8th and 12th houses are water-dominant houses, so there you go.  And we seek what we lack, so lacking water (going by planets alone) would make you inclined to seek more water... having a water north node, I would go as far to say that you must do so in order to feel fulfilled in this lifetime.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook