Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Attacks from Shadow Men
6 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 6:55PM #1
lypon
Hi folks.  I've had a number of encounters with "shadow men" in the past.  They used to just watch me, until one tried to mess with my chakras and I was able to shield it away from me with reiki.  After several attacks(?) like that, they seemed to stop trying. 

Then one night, I was dreaming and someone in my dream broke their character and told me I had to "wake up now!"  There was a shadow being in my room and advanced on me as soon as I was aware of it.  Being very sleepy, I had a harder time fighting it off.   The next time it happened, I didn't wake up until it had already messed around with my crown chakra and I had a very, very hard time mustering any kind of defense.  It felt like my ability to do energy work of any kind was hampered, including asking my deity for help (it was like I had bad phone reception, or was trying to talk underwater -- it was muffled both ways).  From that point on, that's how they've come at me.

My best friend has had experiences with them too.  She thought it was strange that I always had so much trouble with them, when all they do is kind of watch her,and she's tells them to go away and they do.  Well, last saturday she was in bed with "her girls" (two cats) shot up in bed and stared unflinchingly at her bathroom door.  She asked them what was going on and looked up to see a shadowman.

She did like she had always done in the past - she told it to go away.  This time, it didn't.  So she tried to raise her shielding, which is something she proudly states that she can do effortlessly and near instantly after a decade or so of practice.  She wasn't able to pull it up.  Just like me, it felt like it was being supressed.  She had to try several times, eventually closing her eyes and meditating on bringing it up.  It was hard for her to do even then, but she was able to.  She then yelled at it so loud she thought she might have woken her neighbors, and it eventually left.

When she was asleep that night, though, it came back (or another one did). One of her cats kicked at her repeatedly until she woke up and found it at the foot of her bed.  This time, though, she was able to push it out of her room before anything bad happened.

I was startled to learn that they suppressed her too.  It also seems to follow a pattern -- they observe for a while, and for some reason are prompted to attack/harm/meddle.  If they are fought off, they make new strategies, eventually coming while you are asleep and relatively defenseless.

Has anyone else had attacks like these?   How could they suppress things like reiki, shielding and contacting deities?  How could she and I defend ourselves at vulnerable times like that?   Is there something else going on that we're not aware of?

Thank you,

Lypon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 3:47AM #2
Light_Worker
Thankfully I've never been attacked by one. However when I was little (five or six) I was sleeping in my parent's room after having a nightmare one night. I woke up to find a shadow man walking around the room. It was a hatman that looked like an old fashoined private eye (fedora and trenchcoat). I remember being really freaked out and scared by it. Didn't do anything, just stood there and stared at me (couldn't see any eyes, but I could feel him looking at me all the same).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 9:32AM #3
Squeek
Well, I for one have never had your problem.  But.......This works for other things that act in the same way. 
     1.  Before you get into a weakened state, create some kind of ward.  I would make it as powerful as I could.  From a witch's point of view, that would involve a long-term circle being cast.  Our cute banishing pentagrams on all walls/floors/cellings/points of entry and the like.  Protective crystals, stones, plants, charms, incense, and the like placed around the area. 
     If Reiki is the only thing that you have........The most that I could say is saturate the area with as much reiki as you can.  If you use enough, it will act as a barrier.  It has to be enough to protect you from them as long as you're in said weakened state.  Something that "might" work:  Before you sleep, pour yourself a glass of water.  Add salt to it.  Stir it until the salt dissolves.  And then, Reiki it.  Keep the glass at your bedside.  If the shadow people show up, dip your fingers in the water and flick the droplets at them (I guess that you could use a spray bottle too).  The reason that this should work is the same reason that holy water works ('cause for all intents, that's what it is).  Running/moving water is a barrier for most incorpreal beings (the flick/mist).  Salt does the same thing.  The entire thing will also act as a type of "portable" Reiki (because you are being blocked from it).  I don't think that they can stop something that already has a "charge" (from what you said, they were only blocking you from accessing Reiki, they couldn't stop what was already there).  I'm not sure if it will work.  As far as I can tell, it should though.  I do a very similar thing when dealing with spirits and .........Other entities. 
     2.  The main thing that you have to do is figure two things out.  A) Why are they there.  B) What is causing them to attack you.  Or at least that is what you need to do if you want any long term relief from the attacks.  Something about you and your friend changed lately.  That's probably what is causing the shadow people to change their habits.  If it was something external of the two of you, there would be more talk of it. 
     I hope that this helps you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2008 - 5:02PM #4
Wmdkitty

Light_Worker wrote:

Thankfully I've never been attacked by one. However when I was little (five or six) I was sleeping in my parent's room after having a nightmare one night. I woke up to find a shadow man walking around the room. It was a hatman that looked like an old fashoined private eye (fedora and trenchcoat). I remember being really freaked out and scared by it. Didn't do anything, just stood there and stared at me (couldn't see any eyes, but I could feel him looking at me all the same).

I had one that would just stand in the doorway to my bedroom, night after night. Here's the strange part -- I could hear it walking up the hallway.

Heh, being a kid, I hid under the covers.

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 8:09AM #5
caduceus
[QUOTE=lypon;919725]Hi folks.  I've had a number of encounters with "shadow men" in the past.  They used to just watch me, until one tried to mess with my chakras and I was able to shield it away from me with reiki.  After several attacks(?) like that, they seemed to stop trying. 

Then one night, I was dreaming and someone in my dream broke their character and told me I had to "wake up now!"  There was a shadow being in my room and advanced on me as soon as I was aware of it.  Being very sleepy, I had a harder time fighting it off.   The next time it happened, I didn't wake up until it had already messed around with my crown chakra and I had a very, very hard time mustering any kind of defense.  It felt like my ability to do energy work of any kind was hampered, including asking my deity for help (it was like I had bad phone reception, or was trying to talk underwater -- it was muffled both ways).  From that point on, that's how they've come at me.

My best friend has had experiences with them too.  She thought it was strange that I always had so much trouble with them, when all they do is kind of watch her,and she's tells them to go away and they do.  Well, last saturday she was in bed with "her girls" (two cats) shot up in bed and stared unflinchingly at her bathroom door.  She asked them what was going on and looked up to see a shadowman.

She did like she had always done in the past - she told it to go away.  This time, it didn't.  So she tried to raise her shielding, which is something she proudly states that she can do effortlessly and near instantly after a decade or so of practice.  She wasn't able to pull it up.  Just like me, it felt like it was being supressed.  She had to try several times, eventually closing her eyes and meditating on bringing it up.  It was hard for her to do even then, but she was able to.  She then yelled at it so loud she thought she might have woken her neighbors, and it eventually left.

When she was asleep that night, though, it came back (or another one did). One of her cats kicked at her repeatedly until she woke up and found it at the foot of her bed.  This time, though, she was able to push it out of her room before anything bad happened.

I was startled to learn that they suppressed her too.  It also seems to follow a pattern -- they observe for a while, and for some reason are prompted to attack/harm/meddle.  If they are fought off, they make new strategies, eventually coming while you are asleep and relatively defenseless.

Has anyone else had attacks like these?   How could they suppress things like reiki, shielding and contacting deities?  How could she and I defend ourselves at vulnerable times like that?   Is there something else going on that we're not aware of?

Thank you,

Lypon[/QUOTE]

Hi lypon
I’ve not experienced the same things as yourself, but I used to get some strange and frightening, very realistic, experiences during my sleep.
There are ways to protect yourself from such things and if you think about it, all things are created from imagination; all of the modern technology and knowledge that we have today and in the past come from this source. This source of imagination is, in turn, linked to a common source that is the collective storehouse of knowledge available to all.
Use your imagination and imagine blowing a bubble of protection around yourself before going to sleep, like a child with that soapy stuff they use.
Also practice grounding – imagine roots growing from your feet into the ground before bed. Also spend time outside and commune with nature for a few minutes every day.
You also have a supernatural being who’s job it is to protect you, but cannot do so unless you ask. This is your guardian angel who will give you protection on request – try these things?
It works for me.
Blessings
AL
“We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing.”
Ellen Gilcrist
Visit my website
www.n-atlantis.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2008 - 9:49PM #6
Blü
lypon

If I thought supernatural beings existed - as your shadowmen appear to be - and that they could move physical objects, make physical attacks, and be physically defended against, and that despite my best endeavors they could enter my room at will when I was asleep to do me harm, and were doing so on a regular basis - then the first thing I'd do would be to see a reputable medical practitioner and get checked to make sure I wasn't suffering from delusions or symptoms of paranoia.

If that was all clear then my next question would be, Where can I get expert advice about these creatures?  What are they, what's the nature of their reality, and what techniques are successful in controlling them?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 4:55PM #7
klm
are shadow beings ghosts, people that have crossed over, or are they negative energy?   I always picture them in my mind and called them shadow men but this board is the 1st I heard of someone else with the experience.  I also feel they not something to mess with but I don't know why?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 4:55PM #8
klm
are shadow beings ghosts, people that have crossed over, or are they negative energy?   I always picture them in my mind and called them shadow men but this board is the 1st I heard of someone else with the experience.  I also feel they not something to mess with but I don't know why?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 9:55PM #9
Wmdkitty

klm wrote:

I don't know exactly *what* they are, but, yeah, they're *not* something to mess with. ::shudder::

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2009 - 8:53AM #10
Suesjourney2god
I too have had experiances with Shadow People. I'm not sure what they are..but they seem to be intelligent. My experiance wasn't such as yours, although it was pretty creepy. I had one warn me of an up coming event that was a danger to my life. I didn't know it was a warning at the time becuz I was scared of what I was seeing...and then a couple days later when the event happened..I put it all together and realized that this shadow person was warning me to help me. Another time it just stared at me. I have had many experiances with the paranormal in general...and I believe there are many different forms they (spirits) can take to make themselves known. Some have more "power" to move things..make sounds..than others. And some are just content to watch. There are many mysteries to the paranormal.

Sue
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook