Switch to Forum Live View Very Discouraged, How Do I Keep Believing?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 6:27PM #1
Brownowl33
After I had the last of what I could call my "spiritual experiences" I felt enlightened for MONTHS.  Very hopeful, like the world made sense, and that my dead loved ones were still "out there" somewhere.  As time has gone by, though, I've gradually returned to my normal way of living and I have lost those feelings.  If anything, I feel more empty and hopeless then ever.  I am starting to doubt that anything that I thought I saw was true, and that maybe we ARE just animals/machines, the byproduct of chemical reactions. 

I have been especially discouraged by all the fraudulent "mediums" out there like Sylvia Browne, who expose anything to do with life after death and Spiritualism to even more ridicule than ever.  I have only ever been truly convinced by one medium ever, and she's been dead for many years (she was studied under rigorous conditions.)  I do still think that some people can indeed tap into "something" that gives them outside info, but it seems to be very sporadic and not at all something you can just do on command.

So, how does everyone else keep believing?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 10:43PM #2
Stardove
For me Chris I have had too much proof of Spirit to ever doubt.  I've had some excellent teachers and know some wonderful mediums.  Sorry you are going through what might be a dark night of the soul.  Keep the faith.  You are right about some who have reach a certain amount of fame sometimes do not seem for real.

Also when I've do readings and just know things I have no way of knowing, but simply trust in my guidance and give what I am given.  I am amazed myself.  The best is when a spirit will come through with a name and confirmation for the person I'm doing a reading for.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 11:42AM #3
Brownowl33
Thanks!  I am just going to have to work harder at it.  Whenever I've had "psychic" experiences, I of course have a very strong sense of belief because they've been of such a nature that there is no possibility of it being just coincidence.  I'm going to really need to practice, meditate, whatever I need to do to encourage those experiences again.  I think that's what I really need to feel secure in my beliefs, since I am rather "proof oriented" and need something concrete to hold on to.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good reading?  I live in Dallas, and I am desperate to try and get a message from a special person.

Thanks again!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 2:59PM #4
twolf02
Chris, what you felt for awhile after you had your spiritual experiences is pretty normal and will decrease with time.  You might not want to expect that sense of euphoria to last all the time, that would be very distracting. Part of being spritiual is that you are able to remain so even when your environment may not be conducive to it.  As for mediums, I agree with you that most of them are basically charlotans and are just good at picking up on body language or they cleverly ask quesitons that give them information.  A good medium or psychic will ask you nothing beyond your name and maybe birthdate.   When I used to do that besides their name I would only ask three questions that were basically unrelated.  I would always warn them to not provide any information except an occasional yes or no if I asked if they understood or did something make sense.  I would tell them that after the reading had ended they could ask any question. I also told people right up front that there was about 30% of the time that I was incorrect or off base. It happens.  No psychic can be 100% accurate.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 4:00PM #5
Stardove

ChrisSuperstar wrote:

Thanks!  I am just going to have to work harder at it.  Whenever I've had "psychic" experiences, I of course have a very strong sense of belief because they've been of such a nature that there is no possibility of it being just coincidence.  I'm going to really need to practice, meditate, whatever I need to do to encourage those experiences again.  I think that's what I really need to feel secure in my beliefs, since I am rather "proof oriented" and need something concrete to hold on to.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good reading?  I live in Dallas, and I am desperate to try and get a message from a special person.

Thanks again!

Hi Chris, although I do readings I prefer the parties that are booked through a local entertainment company to individual readings.  My time is limited, so although I've done individuals I currently have two people I have not had time to contact.

My very first metaphysical teacher lives in Richardson and I would highly recommend her, since readings, spirit circles and holistic fairs are how she makes her living.

Call

972-398-7855               or                  843-298-4062

Email
  Dwanna Paul

Dallas, Plano, Richardson and The World

http://www.dwannapaul.com/index.html

It looks like her website hasn't been updated since the holidays. 

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2009 - 10:25AM #6
NinRose

You have probably just shifted out of spiritual mode for awhile. That happens to me too, although I never loose my faith, I just get absorbed in the distractions of my physical life. Usually I find that once I start praying and meditating I feel very close to spirit. The physical world is a big distraction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 7:11PM #7
NothingButLove

Jan 23, 2009 -- 6:27PM, Brownowl33 wrote:

So, how does everyone else keep believing?

This is really a question about what is the difference between faith and belief. But as that's an esoteric subject, I will try and keep it simple. I think with time, you will reach that Eureka moment, and from then on nothing will be able to dissuade you. But can I recall what triggered my moment? Probably not. But it was the culmination of quite a few things, and quite a few years. I absolutely believe that when you put your heart and soul into the search for Truth, the universe responds, and shows you things that should do it for you. The point is, in your mind is a Fragment of God, and she is in charge of your journey. She knows exactly what you need to experience, and what will do it for you.

I guess I am also lucky in that I have known personally a great number of very gifted and accurate mediums, and have personally posted about 2500 unique communications to the web for folks to study. But my eureka moment came long before that.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook