6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2009 - 8:58PM #1
Loveandlight
For most of my life, I have had this thing going on which I have mostly just attributed to intuition. Often when the telephone rings, I can tell who is calling before I answer it. (I don't have calling number display on my landline).

Many times I've said something to a friend which answers a question they were about to ask me, before they asked it. And also, I get small visions that let me know a few seconds before I do something, that I should be careful because...[insert reason] might happen.

For example this afternoon, I was driving home from my volunteer work and as I turned into my street, in my mind I saw a flash of my partner's Dad's car coming out of our driveway. This wasn't really happening, I just saw it in my head. I thought. "I should be careful turning into the driveway, because B might be driving out."

Sure enough, when I turned in at our gate, my parther's parents' car was stopped in the driveway. They were not in my way or anything, but I had felt that intuitive warning to take care.

Nine times out of ten when I have these feelings, there is a reason for it.

What I would like to know is if this is just intuition or have I got some psychic gifting?

These things have become more prevalent since I started looking into Spiritualism.

Love and Light,
Meg
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2009 - 9:43PM #2
leftuncheckd
<>>It's not a "gift". It's a part of you. The ability goes back to when you were an angel.
<
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 4:52AM #3
DotNotInOz
Leftunchekd and I've often disagreed on this since Leftunchekd believes that a person lives precisely the same lifetime down to the minutest of details over and over again, which certainly explains why you'd have premonitions but raises complications that seem to me essentially impossible. Be that as it may, since Leftunchekd's belief is not at all common.

I'd say you simply have a strong precognitive ability. Just as some people are musically adept or good at sports with little or no training, others such as yourself can foresee coming events.

It's a talent that may result from accomplishments in past lives or be linked in some way to your chosen spiritual lesson for this lifetime. In any case, I believe that talents of any sort are given to us as tools for us to use for good or ill as we choose.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 6:33PM #4
Stardove
I'll add that these gifts of insight are sometimes are our guidance telling us what is about to happen and sometimes warning us to be careful.  Be they spirit guides or angels we have spiritual helpers.  IMO.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2009 - 5:49AM #5
Loveandlight
Leftuncheckd. In answer to your questions, no, and no. :)

The flashes I get are not anything on a global scale such as games or movies, but are more about my immediate surroundings and activities.

I don't believe that I am a repeater, though I respect your right to believe you are one.

I prefer to think that, as stardove has said, this may be my Guidance letting me know to be careful.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2009 - 1:46PM #6
DotNotInOz
Leftunchekd asks:
<>

Leftunchekd, I sincerely wish you'd explain how someone such as yourself can possibly repeat a lifetime over and over again in minute detail. I just cannot comprehend how that's possible.

For one thing, it would mean that every person you encounter would somehow have to make the decisions that would put him or her in place to be available for you repeatedly. Every event of your lifetime, social, personal, historical, would have to repeat as well. Thus, everyone else that has figured in your life somehow would have to be repeating along with you or these other people might die somehow or otherwise become unavailable to figure in your next repeat lifetime.

In short, I simply don't get it. Please explain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2009 - 4:55PM #7
Suesjourney2god

I've had simular experiances..where I know something is about to happen before it does..and know what someone is about to say before they say it.

I also seem to beable to just be near someone and feel what they're feeling. Or look a stranger in the eye and see what kind of person they are. (That's scary sometimes!) Someone said that I may be an empath. I don't know tho.

Once I dropped my daughter (7-8yrs old at the time) off at cheerleading practice at the school..she went every Sat. and without fail the teacher would come pick all the girls up and go to her home to practice. I dropped her off and started to go do my errands...and I had this feeling that this time that teacher isn't going to show up. I ignored it at first and kept going on my way...and it kept nagging at me pretty bad. I finally had to turn around and go back. And sure enough for the first time this teacher just never showed up and my daughter started walking home. Luckily I caught up with her before she got to far.

Blessings

Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 3:04PM #8
NANNY911

This happens to me almost on a daily basis...just silly little things that no one else would get but i do...my family always tell me to write these things down...but boy, i sure would need a big notebook if i did...sometimes i will just be watching tv and it's either a dream, a  picture or a voice I get that gives me whats going to happen...and this has been since i was about 12 yrs old... and i always knew when my girls were pregnant before they told me...not just a mothers feeling...i was watching tv one afternoon and it sounded like my own voice say "tahas pregnant" i looked around to see if anyone had walked in but i was all alone, i called my daughter and told her but she said i was crazy i even told her she was having twins before she did and told her they were a boy and a girl...and guess what....before she deliverd the twins, i had a dream that i was holding the little girl but it wasn't time for her to come yet...and i knew this, so i just held her in my arms and gave her a kiss before she had to go back...wierd, ik...but then three months later my daughter went into labour three months too early because the twin girl's water bag broke and she came out first...believe me when i tell you she looks just like the little blond girl in my dream...it's funny but i just feel this connection to her...more than normal...anyway i could go on with more stories but i would not know where to start...

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook