Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Curious about Spiritualism
4 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2009 - 2:34PM #11
spiritalk

I was in a national organization of Spiritualism and the board was asked their position on same sex unions.  Before it became law in my area, some gay people were having services that confirmed their union. 

The response to this question was:  Any loving pair are welcomed to have a joining and blessing service. 

It then became the prerogative of the individual clergy, as it remains even under the law, to do a gay marriage or not.

God bless, J

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 9:12AM #12
spiritalk

I truly hope you found your way into Spiritualism.  It is a loving community of souls.

God bless, J

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 6:35PM #13
Stardove

Jan 5, 2010 -- 9:12AM, spiritalk wrote:

I truly hope you found your way into Spiritualism.  It is a loving community of souls.

God bless, J

J, it is good to see you checking in again.  Happy New Year!!!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2011 - 10:31AM #14
ThomasHutegger

Hello LoveAndLight,

I, too, am wondering how your search for a spiritual home is going. If you feel like it, maybe you can share a little about it?

I think there are two reasons for looking for a church:

Finding a community

Finding inspiration

I, personally, have given up hope to find inspiration in a church. It seems that all of them are in the core teaching the same stuff, and propagating the same approaches to life - and neither is satisfying to me.

Today, if somebody tries to invite me to a chuch, I always ask them: Does the Bible tell me to use styrofoam containers or not? If a pastor can answer that simple question in a reasonable way (i.e. explain how the Bible can be used to answer day-to-day questions), then I am happy to visit that church. So far, I haven't found anyone being able to give a good answer.

So, I started looking for inspiration elsewhere. And, to my great surprise and joy, I find it everywhere around me and within me!  It does not come in the from of "Thou shalt do this!" or "Thou shalt not do that!". Instead, it comes as seeds for thought. Watching a good movie, chatting with a person on the train or at the coffee-shop, listening to NPR, visiting sites like Beliefnet.com. Anywhere I look, I stumble across topics, scenes and situations, that trigger thoughts. And the more I think about things, the more ideas and insights I receive about them. It's magical!

If you like you can look at Change-Agent Movement at www.toolOfTheUniverse.org to get started in finding your own spirituality. Or, you could read the book "YOU Are The Change" (ISBN:978-1-84409-196-6).

I hope this reply is helpful. I wish you much success in finding purpose and meaning for your life, and joy and happiness through your life...

Thomas

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2011 - 4:54PM #15
soma77

The soul is pure like a crystal that is clear

The five senses can perceive good cooking, but the mind will see nothing in the crystal

Words appealing to the mind can’t describe what is beyond it

The tenderness of the soul shows the secret indwelling of God and love.

It is the Spirit that appears to be the light in the crystal

It enlightens and enlarges the mind to accept God in love and peace

Christian Mysticism

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2011 - 10:45PM #16
Stardove

Just wanted to add although many Spiritualists may be Christian, not all Spiritualists are Christians. 

The one common belief Spiritualists share is communication with the spirit realm through mediumship.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2011 - 8:44PM #17
soma77

stardove well said, thank you

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook