Switch to Forum Live View Astrology Resources
5 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 1:43AM #1
Kartari

I thought I'd start a thread for all newbies and experienced astrologers alike to find information.  It would be nice if I could edit this post periodically and add any good resources others recommend here, so that it becomes a one-stop location (e.g. so people won't need to read through what could eventually become many pages), though I don't think beliefnet allows this (yet...).  Perhaps it will become a sticky thread... ;)

Books - Introductory

• Forrest, Steven, "The Inner Sky" - The best introduction to astrology for absolute beginners, it will teach you the fundamentals of natal chart interpretation: the planets, houses, signs, aspects and integration.

Books - Not Introductory

Websites

• Astrodienst - A website dedicated to various astrology services, including natal chart construction (astro.com).
  • American Federation of Astrologers - The AFA promotes astrological research, instruction, practice and literacy through programs, such as astrologer certification (astrologers.com).
  • Forrest, Steven and Jodie - The website for one of the world's most renowned pairs of astrologers.  Features many resources and services for sale.  The Forrests also offer an astrologer certification program (stevenforrest.com).
  • Tyl, Noel - Another well renowned astrologer, he also offers various services and books, including an astrologer certification program (noeltyl.com).
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2008 - 5:33AM #2
gavrie
Most informative astrological web site in English I have found to date:

www.skyscript.co.uk

Loads of classical astrological texts available for free at:

http://cura.free.fr/DIAL.html

Everything you wanted to know about fixed stars:

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm

Enjoy!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2008 - 7:08PM #3
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=Kartari;966324]
Books - Introductory
[list]Forrest, Steven, "The Inner Sky" - The best introduction to astrology for absolute beginners, it will teach you the fundamentals of natal chart interpretation: the planets, houses, signs, aspects and integration.[/list][/QUOTE]
I just used an Amazon gift certificate I've had for a while, that was about to expire, to order that one.  I doubt I could handle anything more advanced, but based on your recommendation, I'm starting with this!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2008 - 7:08PM #4
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=Kartari;966324]
Books - Introductory
[list]Forrest, Steven, "The Inner Sky" - The best introduction to astrology for absolute beginners, it will teach you the fundamentals of natal chart interpretation: the planets, houses, signs, aspects and integration.[/list][/QUOTE]
I just used an Amazon gift certificate I've had for a while, that was about to expire, to order that one.  I doubt I could handle anything more advanced, but based on your recommendation, I'm starting with this!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2008 - 8:09PM #5
Kartari
Enjoy, MB!  It was my first book, and also the first book of a few other people I know personally, and we all agree.  He really has a gift for explaining things.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 3:08PM #6
Brønwyn
I'm going to a book store today to try to find these books. If I don't find them there, I suppose I'll order them.

Thanks for the two posts on recommendations and websites.

Bronwyn
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2009 - 11:50AM #7
wilsontc
To all,

You can learn the basics of astrology in six, easy to do steps here:
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc

At this site is also a reading list with an easy-to-use link to Amazon.com for your ordering convenience.

Easily,

Tim
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2010 - 12:26AM #8
Kartari

Thought I'd bump this old topic.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement