Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View PRECESSION aka WHICH SIGN AM I REALLY?
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 12:06AM #71
Kartari
[QUOTE=mountain_man;800384]Then why bother making claims you cannot support?[/QUOTE]

I can support them.  Reread my past posts to find out how it is supported.

[QUOTE=mountain_man;800384]Why bother believing in something that has no basis in fact?[/QUOTE]

There is a basis in fact.  Reread my past posts to find out what it is.

[QUOTE=mountain_man;800384]And these questions on HOW astrology works are extremely important and relevant. If you, nor anyone else, can explain any of it, then it is as bogus as any other religion.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense.  When you have studied it and tested it for yourself, then I'll respond to you again.  I will not be responding to you any further on this topic until then.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 1:29AM #72
mountain_man
[QUOTE=Kartari;800609]You gave me no chance.  I gave you the proof and you ignored it.

You gave no proof.

Great debate tactic, Dave - ask a question, ignore the answer and keep repeating the same question over and over again until the other person naturally stops answering, then declare victory. [/QUOTE]
Where is this proof you talk about? Does it show how the position of any celestial body effects your body in such a way that it causes you to develop certain personality traits? If you deny that claim, then does your proof explain how those celestial bodies cause any kind of psychological traits that a real psychologist would be interested in? Does your proof include that there is no mechanism for such effects to happen?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 1:32AM #73
mountain_man
[QUOTE=Kartari;800626]I can support them.  Reread my past posts to find out how it is supported.....There is a basis in fact.  Reread my past posts to find out what it is.

I have and I find no scientific proofs that explain how celestial bodies effect the human body.

Nonsense.  When you have studied it and tested it for yourself, then I'll respond to you again.  I will not be responding to you any further on this topic until then.[/QUOTE]
I'll take that as proof that you cannot prove astrology is anything other than a religion. Those reading this thread will see me constantly asking for proofs and your constantly refusing to provide any. That just makes you look bad.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 3:07PM #74
Beliefnetsabee
This discussion has been closed. Please note, the Astrology board this is not a debate board. If you wish to debate the relative merits of astrology please do so on the Other Beliefs board.

http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/f … .php?f=276

Thank you for your cooperation.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook