Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Does one HAVE to make the tools for O. Watchtower
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 3:12AM #1
darkthroneofeth
It's annoying, frankly.  My staff---easy as pie.   I chose oak because of its link to fire.   But the Earth pentacle,  Cup,  Fire Wand, Air Dagger,  Triangle...  do these implements make evoc.  possible?   Is the triangle a must also?  The expensive incences, the Enochian tablets, athame...  I know how to make them but I would arouse suspicion.   I heard that one of four things could happen.  1.Entity won't show up. 2.  Entity will cause some type of damage to me.  3. I will be manipulated in the ritual.  4.  With the friendly angels,  it wont matter.   
If sfatula or anyone else can be of assistance with this, I would appreciate it.  Personal experience to tell me about if one chooses to will be double help.  Thank you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 3:13AM #2
darkthroneofeth
By the way, this is in the Astral.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2008 - 6:33PM #3
sfatula2000
Uhhh... in my personal experience, the entities I work with don't much care whether I have every detail  exactly right; they care more about my intent and whether my heart is in what I'm doing.  However, I only work with very nice, friendly entities that I trust (they have earned my trust over the years).  I don't know exactly who or what you're trying to summon, so I would say if you've been given a formula to follow in order to be safe, do every last little pain-in-the rear step and take no shortcuts.  If you're supposed to have a certain tool made a certain way, there's probably a very good reason for it.  Also, until and unless you learn the reason why certain tools are made in certain ways, you won't have the understanding of whether or not you actually need them.  *shrug* I follow the school of thought that says "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it", but YMMV.

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2008 - 5:12AM #4
DotNotInOz
Not that familiar with that particular ritual, but I'd generally agree with what sfatula says.

Anything Enochian, I'd definitely follow the instructions to the letter. That's getting into powerful and potentially unsettling stuff. I've never messed with Enochian. Acquired a healthy respect for the Angelic language via an astral encounter with a cadre of angels who barred my way, communicating to me intuitively that going that direction without significant preparation of a type I was not the least prepared to undertake would be a foolish choice indeed. They also made clear that if I proceeded anyway, I could not expect any help.

Some rituals represent a contract between the magickian and the entities with whom you'll work or whom you may encounter. For such, adhering to the terms fully and completely, inconvenient though doing so may be, is crucial. The more complex rituals such as Watchtower generally fall into this category, IME and IMO.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2008 - 10:05AM #5
DotNotInOz
Incidentally, although my saying so may insult your intelligence, making one's own robes and tools imbues them with your personal energies as well as causing you to focus during the construction upon their purpose within ritual context. Making tools for a specific ritual obviously would do that even more intensely, assuming that the magickian does so mindfully.

Anyone who's done much ritual work will be aware that consecrating objects makes them more attuned to your self as well as to the purpose. Making those implements adds extra "oomph" and can enhance your ritual performance as a result since you're working with something uncontaminated by others' energies and specifically formed for your use.

Sorry if this seems patronizing, but I try not only to respond to what was asked but to add information that may be helpful to newbies to all this.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 8:38PM #6
darkthroneofeth
[QUOTE=sfatula2000;716967]Uhhh... in my personal experience, the entities I work with don't much care whether I have every detail  exactly right; they care more about my intent and whether my heart is in what I'm doing.  However, I only work with very nice, friendly entities that I trust (they have earned my trust over the years).  I don't know exactly who or what you're trying to summon, so I would say if you've been given a formula to follow in order to be safe, do every last little pain-in-the rear step and take no shortcuts.  If you're supposed to have a certain tool made a certain way, there's probably a very good reason for it.  Also, until and unless you learn the reason why certain tools are made in certain ways, you won't have the understanding of whether or not you actually need them.  *shrug* I follow the school of thought that says "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it", but YMMV.

sfatula[/QUOTE]

I want to speak with GABRIEL, for a private reason.  Ever since 2003 I felt attached to him.  Not exactly sure why, but it's there.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 8:46PM #7
darkthroneofeth
I feel a little sigh,  but the concensus says "make all these things out of wood and paint 'em"  If that's what I have to do, I'll do it.   But I just wish I could use my willpower.  If my mom or stepdad found the firewand of water cup, there would be an inquisition LOL.   Thanks for the comments.  I had put so much stock in my True Will that I posed this question.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2008 - 5:37PM #8
DotNotInOz
Hmmmm...if it's a matter of possibly getting yourself crosswise with the "parental units," then that's a different situation. In which case, I usually advocate postponing doing such rituals until you're legal and in control of your own living situation.

Unlike $ilver Ravenwoof (and yes, I did mean to use the dollar sign since that seems to be her primary motive for writing books anymore), I don't suggest that underage people sneak around against their parents' wishes no matter how much they may wish to or feel justified in doing so.

Not that I'm implying that you are, btw. I just think it's irresponsible and highly unethical of adults such as Ravenwolf to suggest to those not legally of age that they're entitled to practice witchcraft even though their parents/guardians are opposed to it and are perfectly within their rights to conceal what they're doing.

Yes, it's a pain in the glutes to toe the line as long as you live under their roof. Believe me, I know that feeling from having grown up with SuperCatholic parents. My parents tried to get pissy about my no longer going to church when I was in my 30's!

Okay, I'm off the soapbox now. ;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2008 - 12:18AM #9
darkthroneofeth
Not at all. Part of being a magician is info gathering. Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2008 - 12:22AM #10
darkthroneofeth
[QUOTE=DotNotInOz;718480]Incidentally, although my saying so may insult your intelligence, making one's own robes and tools imbues them with your personal energies as well as causing you to focus during the construction upon their purpose within ritual context. Making tools for a specific ritual obviously would do that even more intensely, assuming that the magickian does so mindfully.

Anyone who's done much ritual work will be aware that consecrating objects makes them more attuned to your self as well as to the purpose. Making those implements adds extra "oomph" and can enhance your ritual performance as a result since you're working with something uncontaminated by others' energies and specifically formed for your use.

Sorry if this seems patronizing, but I try not only to respond to what was asked but to add information that may be helpful to newbies to all this.[/QUOTE]

As I put down elsewhere, part of being a magician (this is my default use title for people like us) is information gathering, so Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook