Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View My kitten sees dead people!
6 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2008 - 5:30PM #1
OpeningLotus
Argh!

So... My little baby pure white kitten sits and stares and watches nothing moving...

Scary times!!!

xoxo
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2008 - 6:12PM #2
NothingButLove

OpeningLotus wrote:

Argh!

So... My little baby pure white kitten sits and stares and watches nothing moving...

Scary times!!!

xoxo

The sad thing is you are scared of dead folks, even though you know that one day you will be one of them?  My young cat also sees dead folks. I think its great. Many animals have that ability.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 11:57AM #3
Whisperingal
Many cats are very sensitive to the energies that are everywhere.

Sometimes when a cat seems to be looking at nothing they are listening to sounds that we can't hear because the ;pitch is too low or too high or too far away for us to detect. Cats' hearing is also highly developed.

If the cat is calm about these things--can you be calm too? There really is nothing in the various energies that could hurt anyone.

btw--even our electronic machines like computers and tvs etc emit energy--so it doesn't have to be spirit energy your cat is picking up on.

Sending good thoughts for you--and your cat.
WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 12:58PM #4
ManzanitaBear
By "sits and stares and watches nothing moving," do you mean your kitten just sits there?  Or does she/he act like something's drawing their interest--zero in on something, flick the tail, make stalking motions?

It's also possible that your cat sees movement you don't notice--little shadows, insects, or specks of dust.  Which may or may not have anything to do with dead people.  Cats, being natural hunters, are primed to notice things like that.  Humans tend not to be so aware.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 1:54PM #5
Chiyo

ManzanitaBear wrote:

By "sits and stares and watches nothing moving," do you mean your kitten just sits there? Or does she/he act like something's drawing their interest--zero in on something, flick the tail, make stalking motions?

It's also possible that your cat sees movement you don't notice--little shadows, insects, or specks of dust. Which may or may not have anything to do with dead people. Cats, being natural hunters, are primed to notice things like that. Humans tend not to be so aware.

The "things" your cat is focussing on may not even be in the same room with you. For example, I didn't know it right away, but my cat was telling me that a family of bats was living in between the walls of my house. The cat would hear them moving around, perhaps hear them calling (they make sounds too high for humans to hear) and would react by sitting on the floor and staring at the wall.

It's important to have these things checked out because bats, mice and other "pests" can carry; bedbugs, fleas and other things that are harmful to us.

The dead, btw, are not harmful to us. At least not 99.9% of the time. In fact, I've found most spirits, if respected, are quite helpful!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 1:58PM #6
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=Chiyo;679500]It's important to have these things checked out because bats, mice and other "pests" can carry; bedbugs, fleas and other things that are harmful to us.[/QUOTE]

If it's bats, they could be useful.  If you can harvest their guano, it sells at a good price.

And if there are rodents in the house, well, that's the age old reason for keeping cats!  Besides companionship, of course.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 2:12PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess
Hee! My cat hears mice in the attic!  :D  And she is terribly jealous because it is the garage kitty who gets to go for those.  She only gets to catch them if they make it past the garage kitty!  She thinks the whole situation is terribly unfair!  :p
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2008 - 3:19PM #8
boodlebear
Is your kitty deaf?  Usually pure white cats are, especially if they have blue eyes.  Could be she feels vibrations through the floor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2008 - 2:33PM #9
Whisperingal
Boodle--Not ALL white cats are deaf--only some white cats that have blue eyes--not even all of those.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2008 - 2:42PM #10
boodlebear
I did use the word "usually".  And it can still be vibrations she's feeling.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook