Switch to Forum Live View Working with a god or goddess
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 10:04PM #1
Bearsky
To me the most powerful personal magic I have ever encountered is through working with a goddess.  Whether you work with a god or a goddess or both the effect of initial direct contact is like having the scales pulled off your eyes and heart.  The relationship can never be one sided (asking asking asking) nor can it reach its zenith if you are unable to surrender your heart to your diety.   This implies a search for one to whom you are attracted, an "ah ha" moment and a progressive path of building trust and love in your heart.  For those who have the courage and the will to walk this path I have nothing but admiration.  For me at least every other form of magic is in the end "without salt."  Dennis
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 10:22PM #2
Einhverfr
There are other ways of doing this too.....

For me, the path is one of seeing a deity I recognize my potential in, seeking to emulate him (since I am male) and then seeking related goddess forms.

Consider:

I know that I hung
On windy tree
Nights all nine
Wounded with spear
And given to Odhinn
Self to myself

On that tree of which none knows
From where its roots do rise
They gave me no loaf, Nor gave horn [to drink]
I peered below
I took up the Runes, Roaring I took them up
Then I fell back afterwards

If you can make such a sacrifice....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2008 - 9:24AM #3
Bearsky
For me one of the clearest signs that we are truely connected with the source of our magic, however may envision that source, is that an unsolicted feeling of absolute certitude flows  through us.  Certitude that what we sought is being manifest.   Has anyone else experienced this?  Dennis
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook