Switch to Forum Live View Always getting the same cards...
7 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2007 - 11:44PM #1
GreenEyedLily
Hey Everyone...

Was hoping someone could help please?  I cannot figure out why the same cards keep popping up in all of my (personal) spreads.  I mean its uncanny how the same ones come up all the time - the exact positions switch but the cards are virtually the same:

I switch between a celtic cross spread and a past/present/future spread:
High Priestess,
King of Swords,
Nine of Rods (99% of spreads have this one),
two of cups,
six of rods,
Eight of pentacles (Reversed)
Two of Swords
Three of Pentacles
Wheel of Fortune

There are a couple others that sometimes pop up (The Lovers, The Chariot, The Hierophant and The Empress).

Anyone have any ideas why?  I mean we are talking 6 months at maybe 2 readings a month??? 

Thank you so much!!!

Lily
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 9:22AM #2
BeerLover
*BeerLover dons his Scarecrow hat*

Well Lily, I don't really know anything about how this tarot business works but...

It's happened to me too.  For a long time when I was unemployed, I would get No-thingness all the time. The only explanation I can offer is that you are tuning into an aspect of yourself when turning the cards.  You are tuning into something and that something is not changing. 

I look at tarot as a tool to put a face on those vague feelings you have about somebody or something, a way for the subconscious to spead to your conscious self.  It goes back to the idea that this stuff isn't random.  The card have something to say, and that something is consistent in your case.  Count yourself lucky, Lily.

BeerLover
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 11:46AM #3
GreenEyedLily

BeerLover wrote:

*BeerLover dons his Scarecrow hat*

Well Lily, I don't really know anything about how this tarot business works but...

It's happened to me too. For a long time when I was unemployed, I would get No-thingness all the time. The only explanation I can offer is that you are tuning into an aspect of yourself when turning the cards. You are tuning into something and that something is not changing.

I look at tarot as a tool to put a face on those vague feelings you have about somebody or something, a way for the subconscious to spead to your conscious self. It goes back to the idea that this stuff isn't random. The card have something to say, and that something is consistent in your case. Count yourself lucky, Lily.

BeerLover

First of all - thank you for taking the time to help me out BeerLover!  I suppose when you put it the way you have it makes alot of sense as there is something I have been trying to ignore for a long time.  I guess the upside of these cards is that they arent bad (not that any tarot card is purely negative or positive) but on a whole these are fairly positive cards. 

Its just like you said - the cards have something to say - but for some reason its like they are speaking gaelic and I can only speak english...I even tried with my playing cards and got very similar results and for once I didnt get it.  I always used to 'get it' whenever I used my playing cards. 

I actually think that once I finish writing my book alot will change - its something I feel inside...but I could be wrong...who knows!

Thanks for your time!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 12:55PM #4
Urukai
Lilly,
This happens to almost everybody at one time or another... I know like Beerlover it has happened to me and more than a few times...sometimes things get on a track and its hard to know how to switch geers when needed...
You could maybe pull a card to see why things are stationary or maybe pull a card to see what has to change for things to start moving again...
If the cards themselves are not moving and shaking maybe you could try a different method of divination such as Oracles...something to open the mind to perspective in a different way...

Blessings and Love...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 11:10AM #5
GreenEyedLily

Urukai wrote:

Lilly,
This happens to almost everybody at one time or another... I know like Beerlover it has happened to me and more than a few times...sometimes things get on a track and its hard to know how to switch geers when needed...
You could maybe pull a card to see why things are stationary or maybe pull a card to see what has to change for things to start moving again...
If the cards themselves are not moving and shaking maybe you could try a different method of divination such as Oracles...something to open the mind to perspective in a different way...

Blessings and Love...

[COLOR=darkslateblue]Thank you Urukai!  It is a huge relief that I am not the only one experiencing this!  And yes, I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out what it is that I need to change!  Part of me knows one thing that needs changing but I also know its not time for that yet...patience is a virtue - I keep telling myself that haha![/COLOR]

Thank you again!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 11:10AM #6
GreenEyedLily

Urukai wrote:

Lilly,

Blessings and Love...

[COLOR=darkslateblue]Thank you Urukai!  It is a huge relief that I am not the only one experiencing this!  And yes, I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out what it is that I need to change!  Part of me knows one thing that needs changing but I also know its not time for that yet...patience is a virtue - I keep telling myself that haha![/COLOR]

Thank you again!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2007 - 12:26PM #7
windwizard
Lily
I have a strong sense that you will soon know without doubt what it is that you must change.  Now remember whenever one is reading for themselves they are generally asking a question or two within their sub-conscious mind and this my dear is the one that is getting this reply continually in the cards.
Try to embrace what it is you have lurking in the back of your mind almost all the time---it is something that more often than not you try to ignore!  **smile

Hope this helps a little,
Love and Light ^0^
~~WIND~~
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2007 - 8:12PM #8
gypsy86
i feel that if the cards keep coming up the same then they are trying to tell you something. sometimes it is something that you dont want to hear and thats why you keep going back and trying again but not seeing the message that is intended. sometimes it is something that is not clear yet.

but then again , i'm just winging it, like the rest of my life......
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 10:05PM #9
Sfltracey
I see this thread is a few months old but I wanted to add a comment. I was talking to a guy I liked and did a reading out of curiosity.  I did four different readings over a two week period. Probably two much as I wasn't getting the answer I wanted. I would think that isn't the way to utilize tarot but I was being obstinate.  Anyway, each reading I would pull the nine of swords either in the goal/destiny or final result placement. It never did work out with him. lol Can't say the tarot was wrong.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:21PM #10
redhead57
I tend to agree that certain cards do appear frequently and for me most of the time.  At one point in my life I got the 9 of Swords and the Devil in every single read.  I finally woke up and left my very abusive 1st husband :).  Maybe they are trying to tell you that you are in a good place.  Have you tried meditating on the cards that you frequently get for insight, or you could pull a clarifying card during your reading for better understanding.  Good Luck
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook