Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 8:40AM #11
Sacrificialgoddess

DAH54 wrote:

Okay so in the pecking order of things, you sound very important, like a Perry White when I suggested that you were an editor was I giving you a demotion, in effect?

Hee!  Actually no, it would be a promotion, at least in terms of pay!  I'm just one of the grunts who without me, well, they would find another paginator, but anyway, the higher ups are pretty much clueless as to exactly what I do!   :rolleyes:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 5:19PM #12
DAH54

Feinics wrote:

Perfect sense.
Why is it that we are encouraged to be imaginative as children and then this aspect is neglected as we get older and being analytic and realistic is a more important virtue?

I suspect that has to do with who is nurturing you, and their ability to imagine. I do not feel this is always true, but then all I can speak for is me.

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 5:25PM #13
DAH54

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

I see visualization as a controlled imagination.  As children, we pretend we are working in shops or mommies and daddies with our dolls.  This prepares us for adulthood. The same applies to visualisation and imagination. We daydream as kids so we can visualise as adults. Does that make sense?

I suspect like anything else it is a learned skill, and it needs to be nurtured to truly sprout and grow. Lack or respect, lack of value, lack of use, can permit it to die. Are children incapable of creating magic? Is visualization a tool of magic? Is the visualization of a child somehow different than the visualization of an adult?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 5:30PM #14
DAH54

Feinics wrote:

sounds intriguing Im  gonna guess hmm.. not a painter, a writer?

Think about secondary school (high school)  its a more uniformed enviroment with set curriculams (sp?)
I d love if i was daydreaming at work and I could claim I was preparing for future visualisation work :)

I've been paid to daydream at work, not that big of a deal to me. When I read your words I hear someone who does not believe in themselves, in their gifts. All blessings start within your mind, where they are seen as a blessing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 5:34PM #15
DAH54

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Me?  I am a paginator at a daily newspaper.  That means that I take the photos and stories and arrange them so that you would want to buy the paper!   :D

Nice words ~ but what does that truly mean? I thought on TV (okay not the real world here) the Editor gets to decide how the stories are arranged and laid out? Would you be also an editor?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 6:24PM #16
DAH54
Okay so in the pecking order of things, you sound very important, like a Perry White when I suggested that you were an editor was I giving you a demotion, in effect?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 7:19PM #17
DAH54
All the world is magical for those with the eyes to see, even with in the mundane of actions, if one is willing to accept and look one can find where it touches the magick. For many it is simply a question of refusing to see. I am glad that you believe in Feinics, that what I heard was wrong. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook