Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
10 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 1:13PM #1
PomegranateStaindGrn
Hi everyone.  I'm just cruising around and decided to pop in here to ask a question.

I have one deck of cards now.  I am so bonded with them which is great for me, however, I find myself unable to read for anyone else.  I'm just getting started with Tarot (about a year or so) and have tried to read for others using these cards, but it's a no-go.  I only seem to be able to pull up information that pertains to me and leaves others baffled.  Has anyone else dealt with this? 

I was using a UW deck prior to getting this deck but I had no connection to them at all.  I have since given that one to my daughter.  I don't think she has used it at all - not really her thing though she said she wanted them.

Is there some way to either lessen the guide's hold on these cards and bond with me or should I get a new deck and charge it with the purpose of only reading for others?  Frankly I don't want to lessen the bond with the cards I love. They are so accurate for me and .. well I've been commanded to use them here recently at which time important information was revealed to me - hardly something I'm willing to sacrifice.  I'd rather get another deck and try to use them for others. 

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!  Thank you. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 3:42PM #2
NadyaJS
Hi there! Are you sure it's a no-go? I can tell you from experience that it's painfully difficult to trust yourself when reading for others. Either consciously or subconsciously we're afraid of being wrong and/or not getting the messages right. I don't think you need a new deck for the purpose of reading for others, especially if you're comfortable with this one (although you certainly can if you think it would help). I would, however, make sure you cleanse your deck before each reading to make sure you have a clean slate whether it's for you or someone else.

My advice would be to start reading for complete strangers and don't be afraid to be wrong. You're never "wrong" anyway. Could be now you're only allowing 40% of the messages to come through. Really take your time and wait for the messages to be clear and feel right before you comment. You might want to practice here on the open reading forum. It's nice reading for someone who's right next to you because it's easier to get their energy into the cards, but the nice thing about reading for people here online is you can take your time and really feel the messages before you post. It can be a little more difficult, but you can still connect with the people here, either through a birthday or their user name (you'll know what works best for you). It's the practice that builds trust in your ability to read for others.

Don't give up. It's a work in progress.

Nadya
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 3:52PM #3
PomegranateStaindGrn
Nadya,

Thank you for the reply. 

I think that part of my problem with this deck (the one I'm so bonded with) is that I'm the only one who touches them.  When I read for anyone else, they're never present so they don't cut or anything. 

The deck that I use doesn't use traditional cards either - it is very woman related so I think that I am going to have difficulty reading for men no matter what. 

As far as the "no-go" thing - I get some accuracy for people (females) I have read for - but then there are messages just for me intermingled in their readings. 

This may sound very strange, but one night I heard a voice telling me to read.  It was late and I fought it very hard - mainly because my husband was sleeping and I didn't want to bother him - but it was relentless.  Finally I gave in and read - I choose an indicator card normally - this time I hovered my hand above the cards and let the voice tell me when to stop.  I pulled the "messenger" card as the indicator.  I had to laugh - "no kidding" I thought to myself.  The rest of the reading was a swift kick in the pants to me and while I'd been dealing with insomnia and feeling restless that whole week, I finished the reading and went straight to peaceful sleep. 

I'm happy to get another deck - one that I won't be quite so close to - and then I'll let others do their own cutting with it.  That would probably help a lot. 

Thank you for your advice.  Until I can get a new deck, I'll give a better cleansing. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 3:42PM #4
NadyaJS
Hi there! Are you sure it's a no-go? I can tell you from experience that it's painfully difficult to trust yourself when reading for others. Either consciously or subconsciously we're afraid of being wrong and/or not getting the messages right. I don't think you need a new deck for the purpose of reading for others, especially if you're comfortable with this one (although you certainly can if you think it would help). I would, however, make sure you cleanse your deck before each reading to make sure you have a clean slate whether it's for you or someone else.

My advice would be to start reading for complete strangers and don't be afraid to be wrong. You're never "wrong" anyway. Could be now you're only allowing 40% of the messages to come through. Really take your time and wait for the messages to be clear and feel right before you comment. You might want to practice here on the open reading forum. It's nice reading for someone who's right next to you because it's easier to get their energy into the cards, but the nice thing about reading for people here online is you can take your time and really feel the messages before you post. It can be a little more difficult, but you can still connect with the people here, either through a birthday or their user name (you'll know what works best for you). It's the practice that builds trust in your ability to read for others.

Don't give up. It's a work in progress.

Nadya
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 3:52PM #5
PomegranateStaindGrn
Nadya,

Thank you for the reply. 

I think that part of my problem with this deck (the one I'm so bonded with) is that I'm the only one who touches them.  When I read for anyone else, they're never present so they don't cut or anything. 

The deck that I use doesn't use traditional cards either - it is very woman related so I think that I am going to have difficulty reading for men no matter what. 

As far as the "no-go" thing - I get some accuracy for people (females) I have read for - but then there are messages just for me intermingled in their readings. 

This may sound very strange, but one night I heard a voice telling me to read.  It was late and I fought it very hard - mainly because my husband was sleeping and I didn't want to bother him - but it was relentless.  Finally I gave in and read - I choose an indicator card normally - this time I hovered my hand above the cards and let the voice tell me when to stop.  I pulled the "messenger" card as the indicator.  I had to laugh - "no kidding" I thought to myself.  The rest of the reading was a swift kick in the pants to me and while I'd been dealing with insomnia and feeling restless that whole week, I finished the reading and went straight to peaceful sleep. 

I'm happy to get another deck - one that I won't be quite so close to - and then I'll let others do their own cutting with it.  That would probably help a lot. 

Thank you for your advice.  Until I can get a new deck, I'll give a better cleansing. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 4:29PM #6
NadyaJS
Ahhhh..... gotcha. I get it now. Ya, I think you definitely know best and it sounds like this deck is for "you". Actually, I think that's kind of cool. ;)

Let me know how it goes when you do start reading for others with a new deck.

Nadya
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 5:42PM #7
PomegranateStaindGrn
I have to say, Nadya, those are two of the most adorable pugs!  What are their names? 

I have a long haired chihuahua named Calypso and a Ragdoll cat named Aurora Borealis (Rory for short). 

I will let you know about the readings.. I know that I vibrate pretty strong I just hope that I don't keep having this problem with EVERY deck I try.  Fortunately my chakra work seems to go very well for others and I deal with the "heal thy self" problem (if you know what I mean).  lol 

Thank you again for your help. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 6:11PM #8
NadyaJS
Those are great names (Calypso and Aurora Borealis)!!   ;)    Do they get along pretty well? 

Thanks!!  My Pugs are Chili (the boy) and Vegas (the girl).  They're brother and sister and have been joined at the hip ever since we got them.   I love animals and these little clowns are my joy!

Yes, I know what you mean.  Honestly, I have a feeling you're a very talented reader and once you find the right deck you'll be reading for others comfortably in no time.   Believe me, there are plenty of people around here that would be happy to let you practice giving them a reading.  I still think it's better to read for strangers though (when practicing).  It's easier for me at least.  I'm not as objective with friends...  although I'm getting better.   

Nadya
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 7:32PM #9
PomegranateStaindGrn
They are just precious!  I love the dark faces and the darkness of the fawn coloring too.  I've always wanted a pug but now they're too heavy for me to pick up - I'll just have to stick with admiring others' pugs I guess. lol

Objectivity is tough.  The more invested you are in the outcome - the harder to be objective.  Especially when you want it to come out great for them.  I don't know how talented I might be for others (I hope I do well with it).  Thank you for the suggestion of reading for strangers.  I'll have to give that a shot. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 9:48PM #10
Urukai
PomegranateStaindGrn,
What I am getting from what I am reading here is that you may be beginning to develop mediumistic tendencies...whether your channeling your repressed unconscious or your channeling an outside source. The thing here is your beginning to be pushed to read even when you don't want to..
"This may sound very strange, but one night I heard a voice telling me to read. It was late and I fought it very hard - mainly because my husband was sleeping and I didn't want to bother him - but it was relentless. Finally I gave in and read..."
Its not strange - it has been done before with countless people who have chosen to engage in readings...Somebody is forcing you to read...despite your saying no, "I fought it very hard" - not respecting your need to rest and recoupe...as a new channel to retain the ability to be a clear healthy channel you must maintain control. You must surround yourself with guides or with energy that you can absolutely trust, that you are allowed to question and that absolutely respects your need to be healthy and clear... that respects your ability to say no.
Tools come and go - cards, pendulums, crystal balls, chicken bones, mirrors, runes etc...
You may develop a preference for one or the other but you are not really bonding with them. You are bonding with the energies that you channel when you use those tools... Tools have no power - The reader does and if the reader does not have control of their power than who does?
Change decks if you must but another idea might be to take a break, take a breathe, collect yourself and recenter. Reconnect to what makes you healthy...that is necessary before you can read for yourself or anybody else...

I wish you the best of blessings...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook