Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
10 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 7:19PM #1
francisvevea
Hello,  I have lately been intrigued by learning about the Mayan calendar and how it is supposed to represent the end of human kind as we know it, or as I like to believe take us to the next level...an awakening if you will.  I know I am not alone with this intrigue considering the monumental amounts of blogs and websites that are out on the web.

So here is my request, there are many many talented poeple on these boards.  What do you think?  Have you done a reading or some kind of communication on this subject?  I have seen many references to I Ching, numerology and astrology in my studies on this topic.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Blessings to all.
FV
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 7:57AM #2
Whisperingal
FV--hello.

The year 2012 has never resonated for me. I've read some of the articles etc and there's nothing that comes to me for that year.

Volcanoes--but sooner than that.

More storms of fire as we have seen recently in the US.

But for 2012 only gold.

Sending good thoughts for you.
WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:00AM #3
francisvevea
Hi WGal!  When you say gold for 2012, that reminds me of the "golden age" that I read about.   Supposedly we or those of us that survive will experience an Awakening that brings us all to a new vibrational level of human kind. 

Sometimes I feel like..oh well, just enjoy the NOW what ever comes will come.  and then other times it makes me wonder how we all just go about our days in the same daily rut. 

Peace and good thoughts to you.
Thanks.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.
FV
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:40AM #4
windwizard
This is the second time Ive read through this thread. Both times with the same curiousty as the last.
As for 2012 I cant say I heard a thing nor in fact even knew of this saga until reading it here. Now there is some partial memory thingy going on that is telling me I have read on this before, but for now the entirety of that memory eludes me!  Maybe its the Christmas lights getting in my eyes! lol
I was brough to a stall for a moment when I read the last post offering the idea on how does one continue on in the same rut for now.......
May I start with the offer of perhaps looking to new horizons so that you may infact spring free of this 'rut' you have found yourself in?  This in itself will help you to gain the most of each and every day of your journey through life, in my opinion of course. 
Whenever someone finds themselves in a rut  or very mundane position in life they will always gain much more value out of the time spent here if they find new and intriguing ways to spend their time, rather than to coninue on simply surviving. 
We are always faced with that choice no matter our circumstance......Living or Surviving?   What one chooses makes a huge difference on how they view life.
...........love and light ^0^
~~WIND~~
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:00AM #5
francisvevea
Hi WGal!  When you say gold for 2012, that reminds me of the "golden age" that I read about.   Supposedly we or those of us that survive will experience an Awakening that brings us all to a new vibrational level of human kind. 

Sometimes I feel like..oh well, just enjoy the NOW what ever comes will come.  and then other times it makes me wonder how we all just go about our days in the same daily rut. 

Peace and good thoughts to you.
Thanks.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.
FV
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:40AM #6
windwizard
This is the second time Ive read through this thread. Both times with the same curiousty as the last.
As for 2012 I cant say I heard a thing nor in fact even knew of this saga until reading it here. Now there is some partial memory thingy going on that is telling me I have read on this before, but for now the entirety of that memory eludes me!  Maybe its the Christmas lights getting in my eyes! lol
I was brough to a stall for a moment when I read the last post offering the idea on how does one continue on in the same rut for now.......
May I start with the offer of perhaps looking to new horizons so that you may infact spring free of this 'rut' you have found yourself in?  This in itself will help you to gain the most of each and every day of your journey through life, in my opinion of course. 
Whenever someone finds themselves in a rut  or very mundane position in life they will always gain much more value out of the time spent here if they find new and intriguing ways to spend their time, rather than to coninue on simply surviving. 
We are always faced with that choice no matter our circumstance......Living or Surviving?   What one chooses makes a huge difference on how they view life.
...........love and light ^0^
~~WIND~~
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 12:27PM #7
Whisperingal
FV--hi--interesting about the "golden age"--I hadn't heard that before.

I don't know what the "gold" means. I just know it's there. Thanks for thinking I'm making sense.  ;)

WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 2:13PM #8
BeerLover
Francisvevea,

There was a lot of chatter about 2012 on the old discussion boards.  You can look under New Age Religions, or follow this link to a topic on the Native American Spirituality boards:  http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.asp?boardID=3747&discussionID=535441

There are apparently several different prophesies which find the year 2012 significant.  Personally, 2012 is a long, long time away in the BeerLover world.  I'll be thankful to get there in one piece. 

Blessings to you,
BeerLover
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 3:12PM #9
princess0602
LOL Beerlover!

You will make it there in one piece alright and you undoubtedly will be dragging us all there with you kicking and screaming!  LOL
Suddenly I had an image of you whoopin it up with a beer in your hand (imagine that) and rounding everyone up evangelitical style without the religion.  Huh interesting.

As for me, I don't know much about 2012 and have been interested in researching the topic but whatever happens then happens as far as I am concerned.  Going on to the next level or meeting my Lord and Savior would be a relief to me.

I have certain aspects of my life that I love dearly but I am over this life.  I strive to do and be better but it is a heck of alot of work.  LOL So, if the good lord says come home...I will be sprinting into the white light.  LOL

Good talking to you again!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 5:05PM #10
francisvevea
WGal,  the Golden Age is defined also as the second coming of Christ according to those that have their own translation of the "Kalki" Avatar.  I just bumped into it googling some stuff to study the many overlapping versions of the 2012 Mayan Calendar event.  The Kalki is Hindu and it is believed that the golden age will come and those that have been "awakened" we move to the next level. 
I can't say that I believe in all of it but I do find this kind of study interesting.  Windwizard,  thanks for your reply.  The mundaneness I referred to is not my personal "rut" I am speaking about the bigger picture how much of the daily life that surrounds us is driven by those that must follow that daily routine.  It is our social structure that most must adhere to as "survival".   I agree, we should all choose "Life".
Peace to all.
FV
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook