Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 3:43PM #1
GreenEyedLily
Okay maybe this is the wrong forum - but I trust y'all here soooo thought I would put it here?

Does anyone have any remedies for drawing out the infection in a tooth?  One that will take pain away?  For some odd reason I can heal someone thousands of miles away through the internet but when it comes to my S/O Im a dud!  I can help my family, from headaches to arthritis and I cant help with a simple toothache!  (I feel so useless!!!) So, does anyone have any ideas?  Pretty please?

And perhaps while we are at it - lol - what are your favorite natural remedies (for anything lol).

Thank you in advance!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 4:14PM #2
Feinics
ouch sounds painful!
Perhaps a visit to ye old magical dentist?:) sorry forgive my bad sense of humour!
emm the only advice i can give herbally if its an abcess apply a poultice of fig and honey, or thyme tea.
A hot poultice of Cabbage leaves is also used in drawing out infection.
Also drink echinachea 2 to 3 times a day helps boosts immune system and purify blood.

But DISCLAIMER : this only general advice Im not qualified in anything, these are only suggestions do with them as you will!

Hope that was helpful!:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 4:21PM #3
GreenEyedLily
Hi Feinics - I know hun...dont worry - I should have said that in my original post that I know we arent doctors therefore health advice is iffy at best, but we cant make it to the dentist before Saturday/Sunday so until then I was just hoping he could get a little relief...poor guy!

Thanks for the tips - I will definitely check into it - see if I can pick up some of that stuff tonight on the way home.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 4:28PM #4
Feinics
lol just thought i add the disclaimer in case the tooth exploded or you came out in purple spots:)
i dunno how ya feel bout this but a bit of hot whiskey is an old remedy we have a home for a bit of relief good swill in mouth with alcohol kills all sorts bacteria and is soothing but u may be a bit more anti alcohol then my folks! :)

P.s alcohol isnt the irish solution to EVERYTHING im aware im adding to our stereotype:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 5:14PM #5
GreenEyedLily
LMBO!!!!!!!! You make me laugh!  Stressful day here...dealing with quite the...iffy being that decided to make its presence known.  So the laugh is very much appreciated.

He actually DID try alcohol - not hot though...it worked at first?  Then he did it three more times in a row and overdid it lolol what a goof he is!

Thanks for the tip again - and disclaimers are a good thing!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 8:17PM #6
Feinics
well its prob more tempting to overdo it with the alcohol  then say the less then pleasant cabbage leaves hmm prob why its so popular in my family :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 9:41PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess
When I broke a tooth, It was a Saturday night.  I drugged myself up with some 10mg Loritab tablets my husband had left over from a surgery for the whole weekend until I could get in to see the dentist on Monday. I remember very little of that weekend.  Not that I am advocating the taking of other people's medication, or anything.   ;)
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 9:50PM #8
Feinics
SG-i was advocating cabbage and alcohol! trust me your suggestion sounds much more sensible!
sounds like you had one very relaxed weekend  :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 10:25PM #9
GreenEyedLily
Cabbage...booze...drugs...my goodness!!!  He would be very out of it...and tooting all night!!!  HAHAHA (Can I say tooting?  Farting is that better?? LOLOL)  Think he would kick my butt if I used the word 'tooting' and him in the same sentence...

Seriously though thank you all for the suggestions.  Right now whats working is a salt water rinse and lots of advil gelcaps with a little oragel (orajel?) to top it off.  He ended up popping into a dentists and they suggested that so fingers are crossed!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 10:28PM #10
Feinics
lol wen u put it like that:) id love to know wat the dentists of the world would think of our advice...not too much id say:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook