Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Tasseomancy/Tea Leave Reading
10 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 8:28PM #1
GreenEyedLily
Hi Everyone!

Just curious if anyone else reads tea leaves?  Or if anyone has had their tea leaves read?

My Grandma is teaching me - or has been for the past few years - I must admit that is definitely her area of expertice - I have taken on many methods of reading and although not a master at any I am definitely not a master at tea leave reading!

There have been times where I do see things, and have been right - but its hit and miss with me.

Anyways, just curious to see what everyone else thinks...

And if you do read tea leaves - do you simply go by what symbols appear in the cup?  Or do you use your intuition/visionary skills as well?

For me, sometimes I will get things simply from the pictures the leaves make - but more often than not I get visions from them.  Whew do I have a few good stories I will save for another time - but would love to hear anyone elses!;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 8:36PM #2
Feinics
I have well known addiction to tea and would love to know more about reading tea leaves! can u fill me in on the general methodology used?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 9:00PM #3
GreenEyedLily
Sure Feinics!

Well this is the method that me and my Grandma use...I do know there are different methods so perhaps others will share theirs too!

First you need:
Loose tea leaves
Tea pot
Cup
Saucer

Boil the water, and put the loose tea leaves into the teapot...pour the boiling water in and let it steep as you normally would making tea.  The type of tea to use varies among people.  Black tea seems to work the best but I have used green tea leaves many times and just broken them up into smaller pieces.

Then pour yourself a cup - and if there are other people you are serving the tea to be sure to name each cup as you pour so that the right person gets the right leaves hehe.  Look to see if any leaves are left floating - sometimes those can be symbols that are important to see...

Drink the tea normally making sure not to swallow too many tea leaves.

We like to keep paper and and a pen/pencil around to make notes or to draw out what we see...

Anyways, be sure to drink all the tea - when it gets to the end of the cup strain it with your teeth lol (and then check to be sure you dont have any leaves in your teeth when you smile haha)

Flip the cup upside down onto a saucer, spin the cup around three times, and put your palm on top and make a wish.  Let it sit for a few minutes...

Then when you flip the cup over make notes of what stands out to you the most at first.  Some people will go simply by the pictures the leaves have made, others will use that as well as their intuition about things.  I personally dont always use a symbol dictionary but if you want to you can google it and lots of resources come up. 

There are alot of beliefs about where in the cup the leaves are found - we basically just say that the closer to the lip of the cup the closer the events are to happening.  Right at the top is probably a matter of days, and then it goes from there.  If any leaves come out of the cup when its flipped upside down you can see if there are any symbols on the saucer - but we pretty much figure those are events that have already passed.

That is pretty much it I think?  If I can remember anything else I will post it...or if you have any questions just let me know!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 9:07PM #4
Feinics
thanks! sounds good, I'll defitiely have to whip out the tea leaves and give it a go!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 1:55PM #5
GreenEyedLily
Be sure to let me know how it goes for you Feinics

I havent had a cup of tea in much too long...at least a cup that I read from...I am waiting till my Gramma moves back into town and let her do it for me!  Dang shes good! lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 3:08PM #6
spiritree
Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone has tried reading coffee grains? I've been drinking much more coffee than tea lately, and thought that would be interesting and humorous...

Raquel
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 4:13PM #7
Feinics
lol :) good idea spirit tree!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 5:21PM #8
GreenEyedLily
Yes I have tried it with coffee grounds and have had someone read my coffee grounds...it is interesting...personally for me tea leaves are easier but most likely because that is what I was taught on?  The coffee grounds would most likely give a more detailed picture as they are much smaller than most tea leaves!

I rememeber when I had my coffee read it was turkish coffee, and the reading was amazing!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 6:24PM #9
maylilly
Neat topic everyone! I haven't tried it myself but perhaps I will!
Welcome, Spiritree and Feinics!

*wavies to Lily*
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook