Switch to Forum Live View Interesting But Useless?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 11:31AM #1
Brownowl33
Since I started looking in to all this stuff after I had a few paranormal experiences, I seem to have become slightly more psychic.  That being said, it's not exactly helpful.  For example, I was driving home a few weeks ago when I suddenly, out of nowhere, thought "I should e-mail my friend (name here) and ask her if she's ever considered having (rare surgery) done."  I hadn't talked to this person in probably 6 months, and never in a medical context.  Well, what do you know....when I get home, I find an e-mail from her asking me questions about the very surgery I was thinking of (I had it myself a few years ago.)  Needless to say, there's practically zero chance this was a coincidence.  However, it's not exactly useful, either.  I didn't know it was "real" at the time, and even if I had it wouldn't have served any purpose.  There have been a lot of these events over the past few months, but I can't do it intentionally.

Any insights?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 11:51AM #2
Stardove
The intuition we all have becomes helpful to others when we do share those feelings we get. Let's say your friend had not contacted you and you had followed through and made the first contact. You could have made a big difference in the life of your friend, if the friend had listened to and also followed through too. In this case your guidance was giving you a heads up. You will find that you will think of someone and they call or you see them somewhere unexpected. Is that helpful? Maybe not, but our guidance will feed us this type of messages. We just need the awareness we are given information for a reason. Sometimes we share and other times we will just sit on the things we know. I'm sure your were able to help your friend with the medical information you could share having gone through the experience yourself. :rolleyes:
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 8:00PM #3
GreenEyedLily
Practice makes perfect...thats my insight.  Okay not perfect - cause obviously not much if anything is perfect when it comes to humans hehe...

My point is that, you obviously are tuned in a little in order to have these insights...think of it like a radio station - until you fine tune the dial you will only get bits and pieces. 

No, what we see doesnt always help, sometimes though when something like what you mentioned happens - I take it as a sign I am on the right path.  And sometimes they come as preparation...you were already thinking about your friend and about emailing or contacting that person so although I dont know the details - perhaps it helped prepare you to talk to him/her and help her through whatever it is he/she is going through?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 9:50PM #4
spiritree
When these things happen, it's a nice reminder that your intuition is there and yea, it works. While in many instances it may seem to serve no purpose, perhaps on another occasion where the stakes are higher, you will not ignore what your intuition is telling you even if there isn't an immediate explanation for how you feel. And I agree with Lily, it is a sign that you are 'in tune'.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 7:40AM #5
Spiritual_Cat
Hey there Chris:

I just take these things as a reminder that all things are connected. Not always useful but sometimes just sometimes when I did follow my gut in the early days of my spiritual mediumship it did make a difference to the people I connected with. I don't know if that helps but it is how I have come to understand these odd things that happen. :cool:

Blessings,

Cat
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 11:39PM #6
Brownowl33
[QUOTE=spiritree;11496]When these things happen, it's a nice reminder that your intuition is there and yea, it works. While in many instances it may seem to serve no purpose, perhaps on another occasion where the stakes are higher, you will not ignore what your intuition is telling you even if there isn't an immediate explanation for how you feel. And I agree with Lily, it is a sign that you are 'in tune'.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, everyone!  I mean, these events are useful because they are PROOF that all this is real; too often, I doubt the reality of life after death, spiritual realms, etc because they seem so farfetched.  Experiences like the ones I mentioned, though, prove to me that there IS more to life than just what we see on a normal basis.  Needless to say, this is invaluable even if it won't stop me from getting in a fender bender or help me to win the lottery.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 10:44AM #7
Intuitivespirit

ChrisSuperstar wrote:

Thanks, everyone! I mean, these events are useful because they are PROOF that all this is real; too often, I doubt the reality of life after death, spiritual realms, etc because they seem so farfetched. Experiences like the ones I mentioned, though, prove to me that there IS more to life than just what we see on a normal basis. Needless to say, this is invaluable even if it won't stop me from getting in a fender bender or help me to win the lottery.

Chris

I just wanted to add that sometimes things like in post #1 happen for training purposes. What the other posters have said is also true.

I actually have been prevented from having a fender bender on one occasion. But, that's not always the case. We are here to learn and experience. Developing your psychic/medium abilities won't prevent you from experiencing life. You will have a mix of experiences IME.

But, I think it's an incredible experience to have proof of life after death. Not everyone's life is enriched that way.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook