Switch to Forum Live View Computer Tips B'net
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 3:50PM #1
Stardove
discovered that all of the posts are going into the welcome thread. This is a re-post from there. To start a totally new topic be sure and click on the Spiritualism then New Thread. We will figure out this new system. I promise. Questions? Ask away. I may need help finding answers and if you can answer a question please do so.

First to start a topic click on the New Thread. (see note above) Simple enough. Title and type your post.

The user CP stands for Control Panel and has some good stuff. Click on the User CP.

Control Panel Settings & Options Edit Signature Edit Email & Password Edit ProfileEdit Options Edit Avatar Edit Profile Picture

With the Edit Signature you can do a sign off and with a check in the Show you signature you don't have to type it again. Since I almost always use Peace Love Stardove I really like this.

The next two are pretty simple. Edit email, password and profile.

The Edit Options is cool. You can set you time zone in the Date & Options.

Time ZoneAll timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.

DST set to Automatically detect DST settings.

Here is the good part:

Message Editor Interface: When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type. Basic Editor - A simple text box Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Change the Message Editor Interface to Enhanced Interface and you will have all kinds of tools where no coding is need. Just highlight the text you want to have bold (one example) and Bold then just like Word undo the B for the rest of your text. In the mode you will also have Smilies.:D Hopefully more of :o these than:mad:. Also there is a preview in the Enhanced Interface.

Also when posting I've notice that sometimes I need to go into advanced to get the smilies. Don't know why could be a glitch.

Don't be afraid to explore and please go to your Control Panel and check it out.

As you learn something new about our beloved Beliefnet's new system please share with the members.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 3:55PM #2
Stardove
Another tip is if you click on the colored dot beside the member's or your name a menu comes up. From there you can see all the posts the person has posted or your own posts along with some other choices.

Also just now the tools were no available, so I click on the Advanced tab and the tools are back.

:confused: I don't know why this happens, but go to Advanced settings, if you do not have tools. If you go to advanced tab you will be able to preview and make any changes there.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 4:22PM #3
Stardove
Did anyone else notice this change today? Instead of the User CP the screen now has Settings which appears to be the Control Panel. So many directions, so many changes and we are suppose to keep up. :(

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2007 - 11:12AM #4
Intuitivespirit
Stardove:

How do I create a button next to my avatar that says "Invite Friends". I would like to use the internal, private e-mail system for friends. Hope you can help. I've tried a few things. They don't seem to work.

Thanks.:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2007 - 12:17PM #5
Stardove

Intuitivespirit wrote:

Stardove:

How do I create a button next to my avatar that says "Invite Friends". I would like to use the internal, private e-mail system for friends. Hope you can help. I've tried a few things. They don't seem to work.

Thanks.:)

Hi Intuitivespirit, Best I can offer is going to profiles and requesting friends. Also depending on how one sets up their profile a member can email. Example: I have my email set to receive all emails, but sometimes I go to a member's profile and that link is not there. Members can set up their profiles so that only friends can email, post comments, etc. and other settings, For my profile page the only restriction is for comments on my page. I've set that up for friends only.

My Home ~ Edit profile ~ Account Settings. This is where you can make changes.

There is a add to buddy list when you left click on a name, but I'm not sure what that does. My guess is it doesn't add to friends list, but part of the IM system, which I don't know if that is up and running. I normally don't IM. If I busy doing something I don't want the interruption.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook