Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to Tarot and Divination!
7 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2007 - 12:07PM #21
maylilly
Welcome Back Proserpina!  And welcome to you too, redhead57!  Glad you both found your way here. Proserpina, I was not thrilled about the new format at first either, but now I really like it.  Ask if you have questions and we can help guide you through.

Enjoy all the topics here and feel free to post your own.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 6:11AM #22
lexa_blue
Hello everyone.  I've been reading over this board over the past few days, and I wanted to introduce myself.  I've been a Beliefnet member, off and on, for several years (not sure exactly how many) and I'm active on various boards, but I've never posted on this one.  I've been reading tarot cards for myself for, oh, around 5 years.  I am fascinated by almost all practices of divination, and you seem to have a wonderful community over here.  Hope I can jump in!
Blessings,
Lexa
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 12:32AM #23
diggy1
I hope that life is treating you well. I just wanted to ask what may seem like a dumb question. I have noticed that beside my picture on my post there is a level there with a number. What exactly is that??? I was just curious what it meant?
Hugs always from your friend,
Diggy
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 7:52PM #24
happycrabster
Hello all,
As I was browsing my local book seller recently I saw a mind boggling number of books on Tarot.  Every flavor, color, fad, movie, affiliation imaginable seems to have a Tarot book!  And the decks! Art decks, movie decks, faery decks, wiccan decks, druid decks...
All I know about Tarot is what I've seen in old horror movies, you know, the old gypsy turns over some cards, becomes frightened, and then...  :eek:

So, where's the best place to start for someone who wants to learn more, but knows nothing, and wants to get right to the heart of the matter.  I don't even know what questions to ask.
Thanks
HappyCrabster
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 9:20AM #25
maylilly
Welcome, lexa_blue and happycrabster! Lexa, I have seen you elsewhere...shamanism perhaps?

Hiya Diggy1, my friend!  The number next to your name doesn't really have a whole lot of significance.  It is based on the number of posts you have made in the new format. I don't know how many post per level, but if it is important to you, I could find out. 

I was just thinking of you...I was sifting back through some of the original readings I did on Maylilly's Readings way back when.  I remember you waited patiently a long time for my reading! Thank you for that, I was in a pretty crazy place.  But as you know, things got better for me--way better! 

Now, happycrabster, where to begin?  Start your own threads here, and pick out one of those decks you've been looking at.  Pick one that has a book with it.  It will help you interpret the cards.  Do pay attention to your own feelings when you look at the cards too.  What impressions does each card give you immediately.  As you get to know the cards, you can apply them towards a specific situation with which you want some clarity or a fresh perspective.

Ask questions, Read the Open Readings forum to see how different people do readings. Browse back through the archives of the old beliefnet. There is  a thread there called Interesting Threads which has links to many of the good old threads also Wren saved some that got lost by giving the web addy.  They still work.  I will have to look that up, copy and post it here with a sticky if I can.  Going back through the archives is tedious now, because they got all jumbled up in one of the updates.  There is no way to reliably sort them now.

Lexa_blue and happycrabster, we welcome you to the social threads where we hang out. Willow's Bend, Waterfall for Positivity--they are both good places to chat. 

You too Diggy1, haven't seen you at Willow's Bend in awhile have I?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2008 - 11:24PM #26
diggy1
Hi Maylilly,

thanks for the info on the number but I do not need to know anything else about it. I just seen that it changed on me and was wondering whyyyyys? I have not been to Willows Bend for a minute but I will drop in and take my shoes off and visit soon. I am so glad everyone is still hanging in there. Hugs and much love sent---------->feel the love>>>>>>>>>>>
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2008 - 7:23PM #27
spiritual_soul
Hi everyone my name is whitney, but on the net I go by spiritualsoul... i am 20yrs of age... I am in college and i am currently entering into th respirtory therapy class at my school... I have had my deck of tarot cards for awhile... and I havent looked at them since i got them which was a long time ago... about 2 months ago I had broke up with my boyfriend and i was so hurt... i would go to psychic after psychic trying to find answers, and to cure my heart.... some were bad , some ok, and few were good...

The more psychics i talked to the more interested i was in being able to enhance my own abilities... to help others like me... and to be good at it... cause there are alot of people out there who are fake...... so i searched for my tarot cards and thank god i found them.... Ihave been doing some readings, and they have been ok... i really want to develop my intuition, and the understanding of each card...

I hope it is possible... so thats why i am here.... i also do free readings on the open reading post... so that i can practice.. so  yea that pretty much it
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2007 - 8:14PM #28
redhead57
I have been reading Tarot on and off since I was a teenager (that was too many years ago to mention), most of the time I was persuaded to give up this practice I love by well meaning family and friends.  The great thing about being 50 is I no longer care what others have to say about my gift. I have been able to help so many people with my readings and feel it an honor to be used by God in such a way and to receive insight and Spirit before, during and after a reading.  I am glad I have found a place that I can find others who believe as I do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 1:41PM #29
redhead57
VM Samael Aun Weor identifies Metatron as the Prophet Enoch, the Angel who provided humanity with the 22 Hebrew letters and the original Tarot, stating that the Angel lives in the superior worlds in the region Aziluth (The Initiatic Path in the Arcana of Tarot and Kabbalah).
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2010 - 9:17PM #30
jessica

hello i am experiencing my intuition and my abilities, i am practicing with different method i am reaching out to anyone who can help me....

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook