Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
5 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 12:04PM #21
EyesoftheWorld
You're welcome. I'd say "communication is paramount".
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2009 - 10:08AM #22
Beautifulsoul

Born july 13th I consider myself a true CANCER in every way u can imagine

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2009 - 6:09PM #23
leograywolf

I am an exact cusp-er: 30 degrees Cancer OR 0 degrees Leo with a Virgo Moon and 22 degrees Cancer for an Ascendant! This makes for an astrological multiple-personality and it can make you crazy! But never dull!

lynx

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2009 - 10:39AM #24
Honeychild

My birthday is July 2 and while I do have many Cancer traits, I don't consider myself moody.  I am fond of people, animals, and objects, and it is very important for me to have a comfortable home environment. 

I'm an Aries Rising so I tend to be a bit more assertive than other Cancers, though I sometimes prefer the background. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2009 - 9:31AM #25
Midwestern_flower

My birthday is July 10th, and like many of you I consider myself a "true cancerian".  But I am also troubled by some of the things I'm reading on here about people wanting to love everyone and wanting everyone to love them.  That doesn't have anything to do with being a cancer, and sounds more like codependent behavior. 

I am very empathic and caring of others but I know that I can not solve everyone's problems, nor was I put on this earth to do so.  And while I am a very loving and giving individual, I also know that not everyone will fall in love with me or have the same capacity to give that I do. 

If you find yourself giving everything you have and never getting anything in return, or if you feel you have sacrificed your entire self and freedom to make others a warm and loving home but no one is taking care of you, then you need to seek help.  That is not Cancerian behavior because remember we have our "shell" and we know how and when to take care of ourselves.  Good luck to you all in finding balanced healthy relationships!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2009 - 9:47AM #26
Latinbeat

How true!  I am definetely a full 360 degree cancerian.  EXTRA-sensitive and will cry if you raise your voice!

Wish I had read that in love Cancerians are "not" compatible with Virgo, Taurus and Capricorn.  My last two "ex" were Virgos....I guess that's why they are "ex" now!!!!!  I will keep away from them from here on....thanks for heads up!Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2009 - 12:57AM #27
Julzie

I am an Aries and have been dating a Cancer man for about a month now. He is recently divorced and I am in the process. We both have come out of very bad situations, where our ex's were mean. I understand why he wants to be cautious in our relationship, however, as an Aries- I run full force into things - and feel I might be pushing a bit too much. When I left my ex I wrote up a list of 15 qualities I would like to see in a guy and by g^d he has everyone of those qualities. It is just too hard for me to hold back how excited I am about being with him. I don't know what he is thinking, or feels. I know we are doing okay if we are still dating, however, I am bursting. Everytime I ask a loaded question (about feelings or things that make him happy) he backs off. So what I am asking all you wonderfully sensitive Cancers- is how do I not frighten him away with my Bold Aries ways?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 6:14PM #28
Dreamweever2

Julzie, I am a cancer woman. No one knows for sure what your boyfriend is thinking. From my perspective, I have been divorced for going on six years now. I had been with/married to the same man for over 20 years and had 3 children with him. I haven't done much dating at all since the divorce, and am for the most part content being alone. There is much that may be effecting your guy. I like my freedom to make decisions for myself, I like my time alone. I don't know if this sounds anything like your guy. Cancer people have a safety shell much like the crab that represents their sign. I dated an Aries guy through high school who was a romantic type of guy. After high school, he started taking me out looking at engagement/wedding rings. This was too much for me, and I broke things off. I wasn't ready for that. and in all honestly, neither was he. I began to feel like he was viewing me as a posession, and I bolted. Today, he and I are friends, and we talk to each other on the phone every couple of months or so. He is in a relationship and is happy. Relationships are complicated things. Your man may be protective of himself, his life style, (and his kids if he has any) after his divorce. Those are also factors that lead me to preferring a single, less complicated life. If a time comes that I do end up dating, the guy will have to have patience and give me enough space and time to go very slow. I have quite a memory of the times I've been burned, and am not too quick to even think about going down that road again. My home is my refuge from the world and for me, it's important to have that space. The people I am close to, I am very close to, but it takes a long time for that trust or that kind of relationship to develop. Your guy knows that your divorce is not final yet, and this most likely is another factor (but not necessarily the only factor) that keeps him at arms length.

I don't know if this sheds any light on your situation or not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2009 - 3:31AM #29
Julzie

Thank you Dreamweaver2,  I understand what you are saying-

"I have quite a memory of the times I've been burned, and am not too quick to even think about going down that road again. My home is my refuge from the world and for me, it's important to have that space. The people I am close to, I am very close to, but it takes a long time for that trust or that kind of relationship to develop."

I guess, because I haven't heard it directly from him I question the relationship. I want to be patient, but I have really fallen for this very quality in him. He is secure in his own skin, or the safety net he has built. I want to say that I would not treat him bad like his previous experiences, and I have to hold myself back from smothering him with my Arian love.  It just seems I am waiting so long, and I am turning down other "suitors" while I wait. I know he's worth it, I just wonder if he feels the same about me?

I have learned this, from the one other Cancer I know and from reading your board, When a Crab (Cancer) cooks for you, they are sharing a piece of themselves. So I will hold that very dear to my heart- because he has cooked for me 3 x  in the last 2 mos we have been together. And that is very special. :-)

Definitely, keeping me at arms length

I don't know if this sheds any light on your situation or not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2009 - 11:42AM #30
Blu217

I have read some interesting things about Cancerians and I'd like to add my $.02 as one myself.

I am female in my late 30s; my birthday is July 17. I have some traits I think are very much associated with this sign but I also see a lot of things said about us to which I simply cannot relate. I believe so many aspects of our charts impact the types of people we turn out to be. We may have weaker or stronger Zodiac traits because of certain planets in other houses... (for what it's worth, there is a lot of activity in my 12th house)

I am steady--very steady in personal relationships. If I am your friend, it's for life--unless you hurt me. But even then my door is always open because of the sentimental side of me; I don't like to lose people. If someone is sincerely sorry I am always willing to find a place to build a new relationship.

In love I am not at all fickle. I do not cheat, I do not wander, I am not indecisive and I don't play games. I don't run away, I'm not hot and cold. I am extremely selective, I don't date much at all, I have many suitors and on the rarest of occasions that I do attach to someone I stay that way--breaking up is devastating for me and I've never been the one to leave. I am extremely loyal and very trustworthy. I'm also careful with people's feelings because I know what it's like to be sensitive.

My home is my haven and people think I've hired a personal decorator--I absolutely have a knack for interior decorating and painting; I'm handy as all get out as well. But I have decorated this house ONLY because my mother (a Virgo) is now living me now and she loves beauty. When I lived alone I never decorated anything, never painted, never hung anything on the walls. In my room there is nothing decorated, nothing on the walls. I just don't... care when it's my personal space and my family and friends can't figure out why I don't want to decorate my own room and bathroom.

I do hold grudges, but only against the worst offenders. I retreat at times but I would rather talk about my problems than sulk alone.

I hold degrees in music and journalism. I play guitar and sing in bands and I love anything creative and was big into art as a kid. I'm an abstract thinker. I love to daydream and take a lot of pride in my intellect and talents--I admire the same things in others. I adore animals.

I'm also chronically late. I procrastinate. I let things get messy--not dirty--and will eventually clean up. I don't love to cook but I come from a family of cooks and inherited the skill.

I don't think I'm private at all, but others do. I'm happy to tell anyone anything they'd like to know. I sometimes find it hard to articulate emotional feelings even though I can think very clearly what I'm trying to say. People find me very hard to read. I am not always comfortable in my own skin. I have moods but only with certain people; basically I'm pretty emotionally steady. I'm a bit of a loner and an introvert, but I have some great acquaintances and a small group of friends I've known since childhood.

And I enjoy being a Cancer! I don't think I'm difficult and don't have the experience with others that would suggest I am. If anything, my sensitivity and emotional neediness can trip me up--but these have a lot to do with family and childhood issues; more perhaps that the planets under which I was born.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook