Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: A Welcome to Newcomers
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 11:07AM #1
Adastra
I am your host here - Adastra - aka Patricia or Patti
I hope you will find it easier to get here - than did I I was like "Where are my Runes"
I see that there are  a few wrinkles to be ironed out in the system but when it it
up and running it should be good.
Let me know of any problems that arise I have noticed the Drop down list of Forums -
Bottom right hand side - small print and moves very quickly - not helpful
I am not at all happy with our boards being under Esoteric in the first place and
I shall be looking into this
I shall be glad when this opens - the wait might have been worth it
Patricia
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 2:00AM #2
paksmrbk
Well, it took a bit of hunting, but I finally found y'all. Yay!  Looking forward to sharing rune discussions  & info again. Paks
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 2:01AM #3
paksmrbk
Well, it took a bit of hunting, but I finally found y'all. Yay!  Looking forward to sharing rune discussions  & info again. Paks
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 8:29PM #4
Urukai
Hello Everyone,
I  wandered over from Tarot and Divination and as I have just started to learn Runes and have quite a few questions I am happy to have found this place...
If I may Adastra why shouldn't Runes filed under Esoteric?

Blessings
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 8:24AM #5
B.a.d-in-eternity-2
I want to particapte so how do I draw my ruin for the day? and get the meaning.??
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 1:56AM #6
paksmrbk
Hi, B.a.d -

Sorry I haven't replied before this. Each of us has a set of runes that we either purchased or made, depending on where we happen(ed) to be in our practice.  They don't have to be complex, especially if you're just starting.  One of the people here started out by simply writing each rune mindfully on an index card in heavy black marker & used that to meditate on to start out. 

Heathens tend to have lots of books on all sorts of things (including runes), so you can find a book if you are so inclined.  You won't find anyone here who recommends anything by Ralph Blum because he plays fast and loose with the orders and meanings, but several of us at various times have read and recommended texts by Freya ASwynn, Diana Paxson, and/or Ederedd Thorsson.  If you don't want to go hunting for a book just yet, here are lots of different spots online where you can find out the basic meanings of the runes.  I started with the rune poems.  this site:  has the Anglo-Saxon rune poem, the Norse rune poem and the Icelandic rune poem all in the same space which makes it nice to go for initial interpretations.  One of the people online whose interpretations and ideas about the runes that I particularly value is Jordsvin, whose rune pages can be found at  His whole site is very informative. 

As for how you draw the rune...well, that's up to you.  Some draw in the morning to give a potential direction for the day, some in the evening to reflect on at the end of the day...go with what works in your own schedule and practice.   Hope this helps. Talk to you soon. paks
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2008 - 9:34PM #7
Persefone815
Hello everybody, i am so glad i found you guys, i am deeply interested in runes, i have a lot to learn though. i made my runes with river stones i picked up from a river up in the mountains in Colombia, and painted them with red oil painting. i'll be back soon...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2008 - 1:05AM #8
paksmrbk
welcome Persefone - looking forward to getting to know you :)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook