Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

3 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2015 - 10:27AM #1
The_Absent_Minded_Princess
Do any of you ever have re-occuring dreams?  What do you think they mean to you?  I have dreams that I am back in school and not prepared for class.  I'm about to take a test that I have not studied for.  I can't remember my locker combination or can't find the right classroom.

I believe it means that I feel I am stuck in rut and not going anywhere.  I feel unprepared for life and I am uncertain what my next move should be.  I dream that I am on the interstate and have missed my exit or become lost and I am trying to get back where I need to be.  

I truly think it all means I am so ready to make a change in my life but I am not sure where to begin.  I don't know where my "journey" is supposed to take me.  I lack direction.

Anyone else have dreams of this nature?         
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2015 - 5:10PM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

The_Absent_Minded_Princess:

I think that this is generalised anxiety. Try the Mental Health forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2015 - 8:33PM #3
koala972

Mar 27, 2015 -- 10:27AM, The_Absent_Minded_Princess wrote:

Do any of you ever have re-occuring dreams?  What do you think they mean to you?  I have dreams that I am back in school and not prepared for class.  I'm about to take a test that I have not studied for.  I can't remember my locker combination or can't find the right classroom.

I believe it means that I feel I am stuck in rut and not going anywhere.  I feel unprepared for life and I am uncertain what my next move should be.  I dream that I am on the interstate and have missed my exit or become lost and I am trying to get back where I need to be.  

I truly think it all means I am so ready to make a change in my life but I am not sure where to begin.  I don't know where my "journey" is supposed to take me.  I lack direction.

Anyone else have dreams of this nature?         

when I was having those dreams I kind of welcomed them, because school was such a rigid thing and it felt like an unwinding.    But it scared me too because I didn't know how I could live like that.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook