Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 114 of 114  •  Prev 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114
1 year ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 10:03PM #1131
Artahrens

There were a lot of musicians all playing together on that piece of music!

A few posts above that I was also caught by the music of Rachel Portman.  That kind of music also does something for the large collection of Scottish paintings of birds that are gathered for our enjoyment:

"Rachel Portman - Birds"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxvvIAVEuMM

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 10, 2015 - 7:26PM #1132
Artahrens

I was listening to a radio show, and the guest was asked what is his favorite musical song?  I thought to myself, if that happened to me, I would have to take time to think about it.  But then, what if I had to come to a quick, intuitive answer, what would it be?  This answer came to my mind:

"originally written for Dangerous moonlight (U.K. 1941) (also known under the later title Suicide Squadron) directed by Brian Desmond Hurst starring : Anton Walbrook, Sally Gray
Riccardo Caramella, piano Mandelieu, 2011"

"Richard Addinsell : Warsaw Concerto (piano solo version)"  12 minutes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PysdqLeEwKg

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 10, 2015 - 9:58PM #1133
Prairy

I loved Rachel Portman's "Birds" from posting #1131. The music fits the fine imagery that accompanied that. And you know me, I'm quite fond of birds AND music. 

Post #1132 has been a bit more difficult for me than I would have imagined. Not your quick choice Art, but I found I, myself,  could not make a quick choice as I pondered the same question.

"Richard Addinsell : Warsaw Concerto" is a fine choice. Intense in the beginning so it draws you in, then surprises of great music throughout. The scenes from "Dangerous Moonlight"  brought it all to life.

So after thinking for a little while I realized I never found out the name of my favorite musical music. I suppose it was more of an opera than musical, however I never did find the name after searching on and off for years. 

After typing just now I remembered my favorite musical music! So many runners up, but this is on the top of my list;

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO ~ LARA'S THEME

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXtFRl1nSs4

Dr.Zhivago - André Rieu

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9I4D0D2qgE

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 13, 2015 - 11:36PM #1134
Artahrens

Uh, huh!  Zhivago was one of the other two that I had thought of.  (What's going on here!)

Then, what was my also-ran theme and imagery?:

"Lawrence Of Arabia - Official® Trailer [HD]"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmr1iSG3RTA

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 14, 2015 - 10:18PM #1135
Prairy

I don't know what's going on, but I juggled back and forth in my mind over Lawrence of Arabia as well! A runner up favorite of mine for certain. After watching the trailer you provided, the scenery in that movie was grand.

I'd like to take a moment and reminisce over this thread and all the wonderful music, learning and listening that we have all shared. Thanks to all for taking this musical journey with me.

Now, for one of my all time classical favorites once more, playing in the background to Desiderata: 

Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPDO3Tfab0

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 24, 2015 - 10:37PM #1136
Artahrens

That is a spiritual, double masterpiece!  Great verse with great music.

For some, there may also be some equally wonderful world-class music, as this from Franz Lehar's Merry Widow:

"Viljalied sung by Carmen Monarcha in Maastricht I"  (André Rieu)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZqqvdS_sE

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 25, 2015 - 9:00PM #1137
Prairy

That was a wonderful performance of Viljalied.

Andre Rieu knows how to pick great singers, below is another:

André Rieu - O Mio Babbino Caro (live in Australia, feat. Carmen Monarcha)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtnhtGyfWA

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 10:47PM #1138
Artahrens

With continuing appreciation to creative and kind, Prairy;  this is our send-off to our ongoing, shared adventures:

"Carmina Burana ~ O Fortuna | Carl Orff ~ André Rieu"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 114 of 114  •  Prev 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook