Page 76 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76
4 days ago  ::  Apr 17, 2014 - 10:19PM #751
Prairy

A freak blizzard last Sunday combined with a power outage made for good napping in the dusky light as the wind howled outside.

As I lay cuddled under a warm quilt I had the time to let my thoughts go and watch the visions of strange objects float by as if upon a slow running river - "things" kept floating and drifting on by. 

Here is what it sounded like outside that day, though it was much louder than the recording. No need to listen to the entire length of the recording. However if you listen closely, sometimes you might here a distant chorus or ethereal voices.

Howling Wind

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUtBrk7yzo

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 days ago  ::  Apr 17, 2014 - 10:46PM #752
Artahrens

Maybe instead, this next recording will help bring on the belated Spring, and soon the Summer:

"Sound of insects 8 hours/Night of summer in Japan"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8BilUwcGg

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 days ago  ::  Apr 18, 2014 - 9:06PM #753
Prairy

I love the "Sound of Insects." Actually reminds me of summer nights here. I find the rhythm of various insects soothing and even enchanting at times.

I happened upon this Monastic chant circa 12th and 13 century. I am particularly fond of the notes in chant number one which runs through 3:20. I've not listened to the rest of the chants yet, but did go beyond 3:20 mark for a while and so far am only drawn to the 1st chant thus far. Though I have no idea what they are singing.

"Age of Cathedrals: Resonemus Hoc Natali  with Anon. St. Martial, Paul Hillier"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjd0GobQ7sM

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 days ago  ::  Apr 19, 2014 - 7:44PM #754
Artahrens

Yes!  Through and through.  That reminds me of the variation of luxurious chant-music that we used to play by  the modern group whom I recall were called The Gregorians.

Perhaps through it all, what many search for is  not just their harmonica, but the following:

"Live from 1971."

"Neil Young - Heart Of Gold"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh44QPT1mPE

Quick Reply
Cancel
14 hours ago  ::  Apr 20, 2014 - 9:10PM #755
Prairy

Oh yeah, searching for a heart of gold is classic. Another of Neil Young's songs was a favorite of mine. Seems Neil did a bit of searching through a desert on...

A Horse With No Name

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SUtDH1qxbs

Quick Reply
Cancel
13 hours ago  ::  Apr 20, 2014 - 10:22PM #756
Artahrens

The words are hard for me to comprehend--very existential !

Still, it is enchanting:  Some sort of quality that I cannot yet put my finger on.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 76 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook