Artahrens

Nature on the fly:

"34 Birds in the Spring 1933 Silly Symphony"  7 minutes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mov3ZSyTnr4

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 days ago  ::  Jul 21, 2014 - 3:21PM #812
Prairy

That "Silly Symphony" reminds me of my observations on my silly escapades out into my own back yard every day. Birds, snakes, insects oh  my! Love the scene where the little birdie lands in the toadstool patch. The video below is of a Western King Bird, though not in my yard, it depicts the sound and quick flying habits I observe here every day in summertime by this species, though in my yard there are many more babies and much more activity.

Western King Bird Baby

www.youtube.com/watch?v=81jYjpBurTY

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 days ago  ::  Jul 21, 2014 - 10:46PM #813
Artahrens

Since that baby bird is the real thing, it makes its own music (chirping).

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 days ago  ::  Jul 22, 2014 - 6:37PM #814
Artahrens

The crowd asked for an encore of the best waltz music to dance to again.  They also wanted it to continue to portray the beauty of Nature.  Andre Rieu suggested we surround ourselves with "Roses from the South":

"Andre Rieu live at Schönbrunn Vienna 2006 - Rosen aus dem Süden"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBxQi9Tcnss

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 days ago  ::  Jul 24, 2014 - 9:25PM #815
Artahrens

""You Raise Me Up" Celtic Woman"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=md5LL6PwXwY

Lyrics:

"You Raise Me up - Celtic Woman"

"When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;  When troubles come and my heart burdened be; Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,  Until you come and sit awhile with me.   You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;  You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;  I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;  You raise me up: To more than I can be.

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;  You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;  I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;  You raise me up: To more than I can be.

"There is no life - no life without its hunger;  Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;  But when you come and I am filled with wonder,  Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.   You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;  You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;  I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;  You raise me up: To more than I can be.

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;  You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;  I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;  You raise me up: To more than I can be.

"You raise me up: To more than I can be."

www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/celti...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 days ago  ::  Jul 24, 2014 - 9:25PM #816
Prairy

"Andre Rieu's live at Schönbrunn Vienna 2006 - Rosen aus dem Süden"is so lovely. I was listening to some "auld" opera and like the following very much.

VITTORIO PRATO - ORFEO di Monteverdi: "Possente spirto"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XwIGG_iIWk

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 days ago  ::  Jul 25, 2014 - 10:27PM #817
Artahrens

That is from a period of music that doesn't get displayed as much, as goes my experience.  But now seeing it well-performed in such a well-staged setting, it is very enticing.  Orpheus himself looks like he could be the "Elvis" of a time from the past.

And don't miss the preceding post of the Celtic Woman.  Both posts came out of the chute in the same split moment.  The women also get "lifted" into larger-than-life showmanship and charm.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 day ago  ::  Jul 26, 2014 - 9:47PM #818
Prairy

Now there's a thought, Orpheus Presley! hmmm, I see that some of the "stars" of old might have been the "Elvis" of their time.

Thanks for pointing out the Celtic Woman video, that one had slipped by me. The women were lifted up into larger-than-life showmanship and charm, but those same women also lifted the spirits up of many who were listening. Bravo!

I stumbled upon this next opera scene and am posting the link more or less for you all to see the set on stage. Seems to be a little wild.

VITTORIO PRATO - GIULIO CESARE di Handel - "Vieni, o Cara"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18SgBTiQDo&inde...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 hours ago  ::  Jul 27, 2014 - 10:29PM #819
Artahrens

That was more proof that his participation in that period in music could allow for either an Elvis impersonation or reincarnation.  LOL

Maybe some more sounds of ultimate peace can still be attributed to certain trumpet players:

"Il Silenzio - Melissa Venema"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyEL3NJSHIk

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 82 of 82  •  Prev 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook