Page 95 of 95  •  Prev 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95
1 week ago  ::  Jul 16, 2014 - 9:42PM #941
Prairy

Interesting how the Roman/Latin words transformed to make words we use in modern times such as Arena. How about that Holy Water dispenser! Or the ingenious automatons! The Romans certainly did leave a legacy of architecture or strong concrete and flint construction.

I found an amazing Automaton, who knows, maybe it had been influenced by Roman ideas.

Franklin Institute's Maillardet Automaton Demo 11/04/07

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwkkDfs-RKg

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 days ago  ::  Jul 17, 2014 - 10:42PM #942
Artahrens

Maybe they found that in one of the closets at the Little Blue House, or when the right planets were lined up during the Spiritus Season!  LOL

I also found "this old video" while I was rummaging through the earlier times and places including what the Romans had been up-to:

"Norse mythology and Viking Gods 2, Ragnarok, Hot FactsTeacher Eryn"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f5Bly4eob8

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 days ago  ::  Jul 18, 2014 - 11:09PM #943
Prairy

Eryn did a fabulous job squeezing all that "Wiking" history in 4 minutes. She must be a descendent Wiking relation of mine.

Some of my ancestors name was "Bills." It was at first difficult to track down the family name "Bill" because people now days use Bill as a first name. So I had to start with William Bill to finally get some answers, and the last name "Bills" means these men were excellent "billsmen." A bill usually being a double edged axe or sword, so the Bills mastered the weapon bill. Kind of like Eryn described in her video lesson about the battle axe. Only I have seen the halberd also in the shape of a bill hook, so who knows, prehaps my ancestors were sheep herders and not Wikings after all, LOL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_(weapon)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 days ago  ::  Jul 19, 2014 - 4:07PM #944
Artahrens

The  information identifying the term, bill, was entirely new to me, except that the similar, curved knife or sword was indicated in some of the histories.  "Bill" as a last name, that also was unfamiliar.

So now is the time that I bring the construction details so far, to a head, and vote for my favorite Wiking warrior:  Leedskalnin.

It was eye-catching how much the "A-frame" (crane) in the following video reminded me of the construction-tool photos connected with the Coral Castle.  And the motor, pictured by Leedskalnin looks to be powerful (high torque) and reversible in its direction of rotation.  This would  just leave the limits of capacity for that rig for lifting, to be a question:

"The Roman Architecture"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8IcwFwNLr8

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 days ago  ::  Jul 19, 2014 - 9:52PM #945
Prairy

Art, after following your URL trails, this latest one you posted on the A-frame crane really starts going somewhere, I think you are spot on to understanding Leedskalnin's building and lifting techniques.

In fact, the A-frame in the video was a synchronicity to a discussion Bruce and I had last week as we were reminiscing over some of our own work during the past 30 years and how we accomplished some feats without modern machinery to help us out such as using leverage, fulcrum's etc., to lift everything from giant logs to car engines.

I should have known that we could have observed our own handi-work as a first clue to Leedskalnin's work. Could it be that simple? Yes, I think it is simpler rather than complicated.

Bruce and I once sold a 500 gallon LP tank to a man who arrived in only a pickup truck and some poles for tools. This man proceeded to put the poles together in an A-frame similar to the one in the Roman architecture video, the with either chain or cable (I can't remember now which it was, but either would work) he hooked onto the loops of the LP tank, cranked it up and set it into the back of his truck with lightning speed all by himself! Bruce and I have done similar with car engines and even whole cars!

So the items mentioned in that video are really going somewhere. A-frame, Lewis bolt's or Lewissons, pulleys,  treadmill or windlass - all are invaluable tools for lifting heavy objects with ease. As for the windlass, these can be tools of the trade for crossbows, anchors, water wells, sailboats, mining equipment.

Here is a link about the "Lewis:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_(lifting_appliance)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 days ago  ::  Jul 21, 2014 - 3:03PM #946
Prairy

We have shared some amazing finds and information on these various threads, fascinating subjects. Last night I learned of some off the beaten path discoveries in Egypt along the "Band of Peace.

Of particular interest to me were some bowls carved out of quartz, various color schemes, a learned Elder of the area, Abd'el Hakim Awyan,  plus much, much more. Could all this new info eventually meld into our other discoveries that were shared, such as early Greek and Roman building techniques or even something Leedskalnin knew?

In the documentary on the following link titled, 

The Pyramid Code: The Band of Peace, is where some intriguing information is revealed.

www.human-resonance.org/levitation_basin...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 days ago  ::  Jul 22, 2014 - 7:45PM #947
Artahrens

Those are some very unusual discoveries and interpretations.  I'll have to flag them in my notes, otherwise when more info in that setting reappears, it will be difficult to remember where this reference is hidden.  Here are some more surprises:

"These massive arc-shaped features are located at the Geographical Center of

four continents. Did humans build them?"

"Who On Earth Built This?"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ0NnwfsuMQ

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 days ago  ::  Jul 22, 2014 - 11:35PM #948
Prairy

I'm going to see if I can find the coordinates on some of these "arcs" and do a few google fly overs, see what else is in the area on the SAT maps. The blonde hair also seems to be a clue, of what, I'm not 100% certain yet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 95 of 95  •  Prev 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook