Page 97 of 97  •  Prev 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97
2 weeks ago  ::  Aug 06, 2014 - 1:08AM #961
Artahrens

Continued.

I got called to supper, here on perpetual Hawaiian holiday?  So I'll continue, and probably even go on till after the predicted hurricane passes or whatever.

I also found the concern with finding the necessary [Lamb Shift] error-correction interesting--by way of Science and Math.

Now, back to the "matter" of infinities.  What they are doing in the above video is what they themselves call a "PROOF."  They haven't really PROVEN very much if they just stand there, still scratching their heads, wondering what is really going on.  Yes, that may be 'entertaining', at least for the time being.

However, those are the kinds of doubts or accusations hurled at the twins and the Remote Viewers by the professional scientists and statisticians--Yet it is OK if abstruse physicists speculate--it then sounds so elegant.  I suggest that the bottom line might be admittedly, dual minded, if they can only get off their belief in a one-horse ride:

The substantial speculation may open doors and motivate progress that will be fruitful--somewhat like what Science Fiction might do.  Then the other, tunnel-vision department can check it against further empirical data.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Aug 06, 2014 - 3:09PM #962
Prairy

Art, your mathematical expertise has allowed us to understand a bit more what is being talked about in the videos and other useful points. You also made an excellent suggestion, quote;

"The substantial speculation may open doors and motivate progress that will be fruitful--somewhat like what Science Fiction might do.  Then the other, tunnel-vision department can check it against further empirical data."

I will continue to ponder these various discussions. In the meanwhile, I see there is a Tropical Storm watch for you there. Looks like you will at least be experiencing heavy rainfall. Those are some BIG djinn's! Lets hope Iselle and Julio behave.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Aug 06, 2014 - 10:58PM #963
Artahrens

Tomorrow (Thursday) or so, I have some more simplification (I intend) of the paradoxical, logic/infinity business, in order for me to further explain why I don't yet think that using an argument based on infinities is consistent.  That is, if our windy power lines don't take down our Internet service.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Aug 08, 2014 - 10:24PM #964
Artahrens

Picture these, since there are several background matters to investigate:  The two most familiar routines regarding infinity are first, visualize a very large space, which has a content, counted-on endlessly (like the stars);  and the second, a very small area, dot, or point, which when filled or divided on-and-on endlessly, contains an infinite number of parts. 

Notice however, that there could be a verbal shift from infinity itself, taken to be "a size/count, going on endlessly," over to "CHOOSING a FINITE COUNT" (number), which would be assumed to be as large as supposedly necessary.  This word-shift makes it possible to subsitute this "LARGE AS YOU WISH" ordinary-type value, symbolically, e.g., A, B, C..... etc., in the place of infinity itself or its infinity symbol.

This is called the "Choice Axiom," which is bogus in nature, yet it practically/ pragmatically is claimed to always work out!  So this shift is considered by most mathematicians to be an empirical, working maneuver which happens to make all of Calculus ("Mathematical Analysis") logically (axiomatically) usable/ applicable/ even possible at all.

Now I'll jump to another, overall, accepted conjecture, this time from the theorizing/ hypothesizing (makeshift) of Logic itself.  That is related to how we have already visualized Logical propositions in terms of space.  Commonly, this is presented as what are called "Venn diagrams."  In order to state propositions in Propositional Logic,  or to state definitions in Mathematical Logic, we either INCLUDE OR EXCLUDE objects or categories in our necessary definitions.

My concern or doubt, then, in the above video which pictures vertical bounds on infinite objects, does not exactly conform to the same, common, area-containment nature of our minds working as when using Venn diagrams!  There is again, a lurch in the nature of the distinctions which are considered to be absolute matches with reality or givens.

Optional info:  "Venn Diagrams":

www.thefreedictionary.com/venn+diagrams

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Aug 09, 2014 - 4:52PM #965
Prairy

Yes, I can understand your concerns about that particular video which pictures vertical bounds on infinite objects. I see the value of using Venn Diagrams to help understand infinity over that of the video previously presented.

In other news, NASA has finished yet another LDSD test flight, learning what now needs to be tweaked and fixed for further test flights next year.

Below is an article about NASA's flying saucer test flight. Apparently they need to work on the supersonic parachute otherwise known as the Supersonic Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator, or SIAD . 

NASA's flying saucer takes a supersonic flight

www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sc...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Aug 10, 2014 - 1:28AM #966
Artahrens

I haven't heard anything about the Kauai, Hawaii facilities since many years.  So this article seems to give it some sort of a new life and purpose.

But last nite I heard a passing, national news report about a testing of a "flying saucer-" shaped vehicle being developed  for an approach to Mars.  I don't recall its mentioning anything regarding Hawaii, so this article was more realistic about what is really happening.

I then clicked on another article offered there, which expands even more about the project:

"Simulating a Martian landing in the sky above Hawaii"

www.latimes.com/science/la-sci-ldsd-mars...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Aug 10, 2014 - 9:48PM #967
Prairy

I see, so they are trying to create a wind tunnel effect  in the upper atmosphere above the western tip of Kauai, this so they can land 3 tons of payload on Mars with their LDSD.

Can you see the skies above that Island from where you are? You never know, one day you might wake to see a flying saucer that accidentally landed on your roof LOL

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 week ago  ::  Aug 13, 2014 - 11:25PM #968
Artahrens

That is an inviting question to  ponder as you say it.  In the eastward direction, the Island of Molokai can be seen from  the south-eastern portion of Oahu when the weather is clear, and especially if there is an inversion (light curved around the Earth due to temperatured air layers).

But as you can see, Kauai is a tad further, and the proposed experimentation is even further west than Kauai.  So the higher up in the sky the activity is, and with air clarity, it still would seem possible to view with binoculars etc., from Oahu, especially if illuminated.

www.bing.com/images/search?q=hawaiian+is...

www.bing.com/images/search?q=kauai+islan...

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 week ago  ::  Aug 14, 2014 - 10:03PM #969
Prairy

Yes I see, Kauai is further down the chain of Islands. I was thinking that perhaps a freak dijin wind might blow it your way, though from what I understand those who are responsible for test runs are meticulous about weather forecasts, so it would be highly improbable that the LDSD would land on the roof there, but you never know what the future may bring. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 97 of 97  •  Prev 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook