Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Stumbling Down the Path of Happily Ever After. By Birk
3 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 8:27AM #1
BIRK
Posts: 1,914

 Stumbling down the path of Happily ever after, requires a firm command of the concept that Love and only Love is the force of energy that guides as well contributes to the manifestation of all physical outcome.


 As a Divine Spirit, made manifest into physical existance ,we are suddenly aware that we are the mirror of truth which The Creator of this light, shines thru us, until we decide it is time to withold that light, hide it from view and forget its there, or deny its existance completly.   (This is your 3 Dimensional Perception of Reality)
Not everyone will agree that thought is creative simply because the whole idea scares the crap out of them.


  I get that, and I Honor Your perception of limitation but I can not lovingly accept those limitations,for myself.


Nor would I ever Intend to use them against you, purely for my own selfish reasons.


History of physical man clearly indicates that It is easier to take a stand against such an Idea, then to stop and actually see how, what you think and feel, co -relates to what you get and experience.
   Most beings do not seek to know that they are creating their own circumstance.
It is not easy to accept responsibility for what we create.


We become used to blaming other beings for what happens to us.


    We walk in a physical universe or so many, are so deeply convinced.


   Even within this world of limited perception, I see more Spirit then stuff, and even I know that you could never possess a Spirit.


Every Interaction is another opportunity to Shine our light on a path that we never knew existed.
Thank You for Shining your Light on my path.



Namaste


    ~Birk~





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 5:41PM #2
Namchuck
Posts: 11,858

May 12, 2012 -- 8:27AM, BIRK wrote:


 Stumbling down the path of Happily ever after, requires a firm command of the concept that Love and only Love is the force of energy that guides as well contributes to the manifestation of all physical outcome.



A predictably garbled statement. Welcome back, Birk!


 As a Divine Spirit, made manifest into physical existance ,we are suddenly aware that we are the mirror of truth which The Creator of this light, shines thru us, until we decide it is time to withold that light, hide it from view and forget its there, or deny its existance completly.   (This is your 3 Dimensional Perception of Reality)


The first line of your paragraph is merely a belief no different from thousands of other unjustified ones that could be cited.



Not everyone will agree that thought is creative simply because the whole idea scares the crap out of them.



It doesn't scare me, but I know that very few thoughts are actually "creative".


  I get that, and I Honor Your perception of limitation but I can not lovingly accept those limitations,for myself.


It's not a matter of limitation - although there are such boundaries - but a matter of facts and evidence. You advance notions that are bereft of either facts or evidence.


Nor would I ever Intend to use them against you, purely for my own selfish reasons.



Maybe, but we'd have to take your word for that.


History of physical man clearly indicates that It is easier to take a stand against such an Idea, then to stop and actually see how, what you think and feel, co -relates to what you get and experience.


Nonsense. The history of "physical man" identifies that some notions and ideas shouldn't be accepted simply because some people believe in them with a passion. Any responsible thinker will withhold belief until the evidence is favorable enough before adopting it.



Most beings do not seek to know that they are creating their own circumstance.
It is not easy to accept responsibility for what we create.


Most thoughtful people will recognize that they create some aspects of their own circumstances, but certainly not all. 


We become used to blaming other beings for what happens to us.



Irrational thinkers may well do, but sometimes other people are responsible for what happens to us.


We walk in a physical universe or so many, are so deeply convinced.


Yes, we do walk in a physical universe. The evidence for this is rather compelling, so people have a right to be convinced of it. The question is, where is the evidence that we are more than physical beings?


Even within this world of limited perception, I see more Spirit then stuff, and even I know that you could never possess a Spirit.


Yes, but people are prone to all sorts of irrational notions for which they cannot proffer the least evidence. Strength of conviction is no quarantee of truth.


Every Interaction is another opportunity to Shine our light on a path that we never knew existed.
Thank You for Shining your Light on my path.



I'd go along with this is far as that goes, but imagining "paths" doesn't make them anymore real than imagining fairies makes them actual.



Namaste


    ~Birk~









Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 14, 2012 - 6:11AM #3
BIRK
Posts: 1,914

All the evidence you need is within you Dear Brother.


  I am not here to change anyones belief, in limitation, or to prove anything, to those without eyes to see, or the ears to hear the truth as it tranlates from the perception of the contiuous presencse of Love..

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 2:44AM #4
Namchuck
Posts: 11,858

May 14, 2012 -- 6:11AM, BIRK wrote:


All the evidence you need is within you Dear Brother.



Another empty claim that you cannot back up with an ounce of logic or evidence.




I am not here to change anyones belief, in limitation, or to prove anything, to those without eyes to see, or the ears to hear the truth as it tranlates from the perception of the contiuous presencse of Love..



Meaningless blather that amounts to little more than asserting that if anyone disagrees with you they're not perceiving accurately. What simple minded arrogance!





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 1:10PM #5
williejhonlo
Posts: 3,908

May 15, 2012 -- 2:44AM, Namchuck wrote:


May 14, 2012 -- 6:11AM, BIRK wrote:


All the evidence you need is within you Dear Brother.



Another empty claim that you cannot back up with an ounce of logic or evidence.




I am not here to change anyones belief, in limitation, or to prove anything, to those without eyes to see, or the ears to hear the truth as it tranlates from the perception of the contiuous presencse of Love..



Meaningless blather that amounts to little more than asserting that if anyone disagrees with you they're not perceiving accurately. What simple minded arrogance!







LOL, so if someone were to disagree with you, would that mean that they are not perceiving correctly?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 3:26PM #6
Neomonist
Posts: 2,705

May 15, 2012 -- 1:10PM, williejhonlo wrote:


May 15, 2012 -- 2:44AM, Namchuck wrote:


May 14, 2012 -- 6:11AM, BIRK wrote:


All the evidence you need is within you Dear Brother.



Another empty claim that you cannot back up with an ounce of logic or evidence.




I am not here to change anyones belief, in limitation, or to prove anything, to those without eyes to see, or the ears to hear the truth as it tranlates from the perception of the contiuous presencse of Love..



Meaningless blather that amounts to little more than asserting that if anyone disagrees with you they're not perceiving accurately. What simple minded arrogance!







LOL, so if someone were to disagree with you, would that mean that they are not perceiving correctly?





The brain has a hemisphere that works in a rationa; mode and it has a hemisphere that works in an intuitive mose. If you cling to one or the other, you are only using half your brain.

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 2:58AM #7
Namchuck
Posts: 11,858

williejhonlo:


"LOL, so if someone were to disagree with you, would that mean that they are not perceiving correctly?"




No, not at all. Evidence is the objective arbiter in any sort of reasonable discussion, wouldn't you agree?


I'm willing to concede the possibility that both you and BIRK are right in what you assert, but until you can advance compelling evidence for your otherwise unjustified claims, why should anyone believe them?


Wouldn't you also agree that meritocratic approach is immeasurably healthier than merely believing on things because they are psychologically or emotionally attractive, or simply because they are consistent with the ones traditional or religious conditioning?






Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 3:07AM #8
Namchuck
Posts: 11,858

You wrote, Neomonist, that:



"The brain has a hemisphere that works in a rationa; mode and it has a hemisphere that works in an intuitive mose. If you cling to one or the other, you are only using half your brain."(sic)



I think you'd be hard pressed to advance any evidence that "half" the brain is rational while the other half is intuitive. I've been a student of the brain for many a decade and have never come across any researcher in the field game enough to make that sort of claim. Would that the brain was so clear cut in its demarcations. Wink 


The whole left brain/right brain thing is one of those memes that simply refuses to die.


I'd suggest that even our 'intuitions' (because they can be wrong) should be subjected to rational investigation and analysis.








Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 10:13AM #9
Neomonist
Posts: 2,705

May 16, 2012 -- 3:07AM, Namchuck wrote:


The whole left brain/right brain thing is one of those memes that simply refuses to die.


I'd suggest that even our 'intuitions' (because they can be wrong) should be subjected to rational investigation and analysis.




Tell you what, you sift through the evidence and pick out what supports your point of view and I'll p.ick out the evidence that supports mine.


Rational investigation and analysis has lead to wrong conclusions as well.


 

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 2:47AM #10
Namchuck
Posts: 11,858

May 16, 2012 -- 10:13AM, Neomonist wrote:


May 16, 2012 -- 3:07AM, Namchuck wrote:


The whole left brain/right brain thing is one of those memes that simply refuses to die.


I'd suggest that even our 'intuitions' (because they can be wrong) should be subjected to rational investigation and analysis.




Tell you what, you sift through the evidence and pick out what supports your point of view and I'll p.ick out the evidence that supports mine.


Rational investigation and analysis has lead to wrong conclusions as well.


 




Oh, you're getting all sensitive on me again, Neomonist. Wink


I'm not sifting through the evidence and picking what supposedly "supports" my point of view.


The old idea that half the brain is dedicated to reason while the other half is given over to intuition is no longer, if it ever was, a tenable notion. The idea is misleading and oversimplified in a significant way.


And please tell me by what process the wrong conclusions of reason are uncovered?


By the way, I have never once claimed that reason is infallible. It is simply far more meritocratic and more successful than any other method of finding out what's what, possessing, as it does, a built-in capacity for self-correction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook