Switch to Forum Live View Praying for Lost Souls
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 10:53AM #1
Virtuous1
In our prayer time let's remember those who don't know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Pray for more labors to go into the field and testify of His Love for them... we all have family or friends who we are praying for their salvation...AMEN
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint...Isaiah 40:31
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:19AM #2
Btheist

Apr 15, 2012 -- 10:53AM, Virtuous1 wrote:

In our prayer time let's remember those who don't know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Pray for more labors to go into the field and testify of His Love for them... we all have family or friends who we are praying for their salvation...AMEN

I have a question, if you don't mind. When you pray for someone to know the Lord and become saved, what are you asking God to do? Reveal Himself more fully to the "lost soul", or take away their free will by making them believe in Him?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:59AM #3
Virtuous1

Apr 17, 2012 -- 9:19AM, Btheist wrote:

Apr 15, 2012 -- 10:53AM, Virtuous1 wrote:

I have a question, if you don't mind. When you pray for someone to know the Lord and become saved, what are you asking God to do? Reveal Himself more fully to the "lost soul", or take away their free will by making them believe in Him?

When I pray for Lost Souls I am praying that their eyes be open to the truth and know that Jesus Christ died for their sins and that when they invite Him into their hearts that when they die they will live eternity in heaven instead of living in hell.

God does not take away a persons free will each person has to decide for themselves if they want Jesus in their lives or not...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint...Isaiah 40:31
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 4:38PM #4
Btheist

Apr 17, 2012 -- 9:59AM, Virtuous1 wrote:

When I pray for Lost Souls I am praying that their eyes be open to the truth and know that Jesus Christ died for their sins and that when they invite Him into their hearts that when they die they will live eternity in heaven instead of living in hell.

God does not take away a persons free will each person has to decide for themselves if they want Jesus in their lives or not...

People certainly do have to decide for themselves. But if you're praying for God to open the eyes of people who haven't been saved, then doesn't that mean that God takes away their choice to keep their eyes closed? Don't you think people choose to close their eyes to the truth of the divinity of Jesus, and so if God opens their eyes it is against their choosing?

I'm presuming that you agree with Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:00PM #5
Virtuous1

Apr 17, 2012 -- 4:38PM, Btheist wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 9:59AM, Virtuous1 wrote:

People certainly do have to decide for themselves. But if you're praying for God to open the eyes of people who haven't been saved, then doesn't that mean that God takes away their choice to keep their eyes closed? Don't you think people choose to close their eyes to the truth of the divinity of Jesus, and so if God opens their eyes it is against their choosing?

I'm presuming that you agree with Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

God never takes away a person choice to do nothing. For instance I am a born again believer and if I chose to turn my back and go to my old way of living then that would be my choice God would never force me to return to Him. I would have to make that choice.

You and I can sit here all day typing what if's but like I said I pray for their souls to be open to the truth. We all are very aware of our how we are living we know when we are not living

right before the Lord. And so there will always be some who just will never come to accept Jesus into their hearts John 3:16 says, For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that who so ever beliveth in Hiim shall not perish but have eternal life.

Not everyone is going to be saved, not because God doesn't want them saved but many just won't see the truth. But just because some won't be saved it is my commission to still tell people about the Gospel even if they don't believe in the One and True God I must do what He has commission us all to do and that is the great commission. Which is found in Natthew 28:16-20 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.  When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.  Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I do want to say to you, I do thank you for responding to my prayer wall post. You have a good day and hopefully you will read other things in which I post....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 1:43AM #6
Btheist

Apr 17, 2012 -- 7:00PM, Virtuous1 wrote:

God never takes away a person choice to do nothing. For instance I am a born again believer and if I chose to turn my back and go to my old way of living then that would be my choice God would never force me to return to Him. I would have to make that choice.

You and I can sit here all day typing what if's but like I said I pray for their souls to be open to the truth. We all are very aware of our how we are living we know when we are not living

So then when you pray for souls to be open to the truth, do you just mean that you hope people will open their souls to the truth, of their own free will? Do you think that your prayer will have any effect, or are you just communicating to God the wish that people will choose salvation?

Thanks for sticking with me on this. I came to believe in God recently, and I'm interested in what prayer means to people.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook