Switch to Forum Live View Would you agree that everyone is spiritual?
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:40AM #1
Luke_ironside
Would you agree that every person is inherently spiritual just by virtue of being human?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 6:22AM #2
lulu2

No I would not. Not every person is inherrently good. There are people born who are psychopaths, egomaniacs and other abnormalities of human consciousness, that are born, disconnected to what is the good of God in them.

Most of us are born inherrently good, with a connection to that Highest Good . That does not  nessasarily  make who we are inherrently"spiritual"? "Spiritual" from my perspective. is a focused commitment to become more, than our human nature gives us. 

Most humanists believe that everything in the Universe is purposeful. Ex.That the man who kills his neighbor, has a spiritual purpose, for a larger plan. That belief would suggest, that everything is spiritual. Everything has purpose for a balanced universe.

I can only suppose, my view of the world, speaks and sees, a world who is out of balance, and harmony. My understanding leads me to believe, spirituality is a matter of commitment towards GOOD. If human nature  where inherrently "spiritual" as you suggest; how then,  would that belief effectively improve a world, who still "LACKS" the goodness we all inherrently believe in, that isnt always actualized by all men?

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook