2 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2012 - 11:38AM #1
dreamhealth
Well, there haven't been any new posts here recently, but the subject of symbols still is an interesting thing to examine.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 7:12AM #2
solful1

I didn't fully look at this forum before I responded but I agree that there has not been much action on the forums. I was particularly looking at the Intuitive Counseling forum. I guess things change though.

Like you said, symbols don't change much, at least "having dreams" doesn't change much. Have you had interesting symbolic dreams lately? How do you interpret your dreams? How do you respond to "powerful" dreams--if you have those types?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2012 - 1:53PM #3
dreamhealth

Mar 6, 2012 -- 7:12AM, solful1 wrote:

I didn't fully look at this forum before I responded but I agree that there has not been much action on the forums. I was particularly looking at the Intuitive Counseling forum. I guess things change though.

Like you said, symbols don't change much, at least "having dreams" doesn't change much. Have you had interesting symbolic dreams lately? How do you interpret your dreams? How do you respond to "powerful" dreams--if you have those types?

I had a dream about following somebody today. Although I can't remember the dream now, the results were not very good. I wanted to figure this out, so I held the dream thought in my mind upon waking, questioning. Then I recalled following somebody on a website and in less than two weeks decided to stop. The dream confirmed that it was a good decision.  It's not so much about interpretation as it is the challenge of your growth. Here, my challenge is standing up and believing in myself. I have my own capacities. Actually, I've been reading meditations on this topic for the last few days. A few weeks ago, I wisely ended a friendship with a schoolmate. In the last 24 hours, I started writing an article for publication, which in the past, I did not feel confident enough to do. So, you can see the theme here: the dream was not only about the person I left on the website, though that was the correspondence I made on waking up and which was helpful at that time. Each time we examine a dream, we see it in different ways, and that is the point of symbols: they don't just mean one thing. Symbols are like big hangers on which many items can collect: Ties, shirts, belts, you name it. So our dream symbols are loaded with experience, but they have a way of organizing our experience, from which we can later learn, not once but several times.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2012 - 12:02PM #4
solful1

Dreamhealth...if you are lurking out there...

Since June I've been reading that book you've mentioned before. I don't recall the title off hand (and don't feel like digging in my bag to get it). It's by "Louise" and some other person. I borrowed it from a library. I've had it since June. At first I couldn't put it down but now I keep it in my bag but only read amost a chapter a week (or less).

Not really what I expected but it's interesting. I'm a little put off by the heavy references to Christianity but I still like it. I haven't formally tried the exercises but for years I've been recording powerful dreams I've had. Not a dream journal though. I write my dreams in my regular journal. I had also been examining symbols in my dreams they way the book describes before I read the book. It was nice to see that technique laid out though.

Lately I haven't been able to recall my dreams though. And I haven't had a real "powerful" dream in months. I gues not being able to recall my dreams could have a role in that. I haven't really had restfull sleep though. Been worried and so lonely that I don't even like sleeping in my bed. I sleep in my living room with the tv or talk radio on. I'm sure if I get out of that habit I might have a nice dream.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2012 - 5:18PM #5
dreamhealth

I am real happy to hear from you! In your case, it is not necessarily a bad thing that you don't dream as much as you did. The unconscious and spiritual levels are helpers to the conscious everyday decsions that we make. In other words, the world of mystery (dreams) is guidance, other realms of information that the conscious decision-making life may not have by itself except from the deeper parts of us. I do not dream like I used to either. Maybe we are "on our feet" more at this time of life. This is explained in the book, but I can't refer to a page right now.

I have read a few things of Savary but not of Berne, the psychologist. I have gone to Kaplan Williams' website and seen one of his books. It was kind of strange at his website, and it didn't hold my interest. I think the book is so good because the three authors must have critiqued each other in the making of it, plus their combined giftedness is more than any of them could do alone. I still to this day don't see anything in print that is as a good or better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2012 - 3:17AM #6
Estacia

Solful wrote: Lately I haven't been able to recall my dreams though. And I haven't had a real "powerful" dream in months. I gues not being able to recall my dreams could have a role in that. I haven't really had restfull sleep though. Been worried and so lonely that I don't even like sleeping in my bed. I sleep in my living room with the tv or talk radio on. I'm sure if I get out of that habit I might have a nice dream.

Solful,

I sometimes too got through this. Not because of dreams or lack of them. I go through it because of anxiety. I'll sleep on the couch insted of the bed. T.v on. Usuallt, I cannot stand the T.V on when I am trying to sleep.

Think about why you may be expirencing these thoughts.

Stacey.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2012 - 7:26AM #7
dreamhealth

Sep 3, 2012 -- 3:17AM, Estacia wrote:

Solful wrote: Lately I haven't been able to recall my dreams though. And I haven't had a real "powerful" dream in months. I gues not being able to recall my dreams could have a role in that. I haven't really had restfull sleep though. Been worried and so lonely that I don't even like sleeping in my bed. I sleep in my living room with the tv or talk radio on. I'm sure if I get out of that habit I might have a nice dream.

Solful,

I sometimes too got through this. Not because of dreams or lack of them. I go through it because of anxiety. I'll sleep on the couch insted of the bed. T.v on. Usuallt, I cannot stand the T.V on when I am trying to sleep.

Think about why you may be expirencing these thoughts.

Stacey.

Yes, watching our thoughts while awake--maybe like dreaming......

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2012 - 11:23PM #8
solful1

Aug 31, 2012 -- 5:18PM, dreamhealth wrote:

I am real happy to hear from you! In your case, it is not necessarily a bad thing that you don't dream as much as you did. The unconscious and spiritual levels are helpers to the conscious everyday decsions that we make. In other words, the world of mystery (dreams) is guidance, other realms of information that the conscious decision-making life may not have by itself except from the deeper parts of us. I do not dream like I used to either. Maybe we are "on our feet" more at this time of life. This is explained in the book, but I can't refer to a page right now.

I have read a few things of Savary but not of Berne, the psychologist. I have gone to Kaplan Williams' website and seen one of his books. It was kind of strange at his website, and it didn't hold my interest. I think the book is so good because the three authors must have critiqued each other in the making of it, plus their combined giftedness is more than any of them could do alone. I still to this day don't see anything in print that is as a good or better.

I like the book a lot too! I can see there not being anything else out there like it. I've read a few books on dreams, symbolism, etc. and have not come across ideas like this book either.

I like what you mentioned about maybe I'm not in the need of messages from the subconscious right now too. That makes sense. Last year I had a few powerful dreams and I find that currently when I've been in a state of confusion, I recall the vision of the dreams and I'm able to make sense out of my current confusion. In a way the visions give me comfort that I'm on the right path.

Funny too because last week, about a day or two after my beliefnet post, I started sleeping in my bed again. The last two nights I had interesting dreams but I did not recall them. I do recall my feelings in the dream, and they seemed profound and deep. I was clearly examining what was happening in the dream and noting things. When I woke up I did not concentrate on the imagery much and did not quickly jot down the foggy details I could recall. It's OK. I'll try again next time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2012 - 11:30PM #9
solful1

Hi Stacey. You're right about not sleeping on couch and I'm finally getting out of that. I know why I'm anxious. Lack of funds is worrying me. I'm barely able to cover basics like essential bills and food. But I know worrying is not going to bring in more income. I try to relax and let the universe provide. Sometimes unexpected money arrives just in time, or unexpected food comes my way. Something else bothers me too and that's what I wanted to dream about. I know what I consciously think but wondered if maybe my subconscious can tell me something. Oh well, in due time. I have a lot on my plate right now with school, work, and being a parent. Anything else I think I "want" I'll have to wait and see what happens. Of course while doing my part in preparing myself for possible opportunities.

thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 6:08PM #10
dreamhealth

@Soulful1: If you can see the relationship of your life with  "old" dreams, you have a good thing going.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook