Switch to Forum Live View New house and washing machine
2 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 7:42AM #1
Llbitzy

I am very interested in dreams. I believe there are many kind of dreams that serve different purposed. With my dreams I have learned to get a general meaning. But I long to go deeper. I can look up general meanings in dream dictionaries and get an idea of the big picture and then I have to apply it to my life and circumstances to get into a personal meaning.

Last night I had a dream that we got a new house ( a modular or pre-fab). It was put in and I was standing in the kitchen. The man finished putting in the washer and told me we have to pay seperate for the washer. I was not happy about that. I was thinking, Why would you have to pay extra for the washer and not the dryer, too? If we are going to pay extra for the washer I ought to have gotten the one I want...a front loader that spins the clothes better and gets them cleaner. The End.

In the real world, We bought a modular with a few acres that had been forclosed on. It was dirt cheap and nasty. But we cleaned it and have put as little money into it as possible because my husband wants to have  a house built here in 4-5 yrs.  We have also been having ALOT of marital problems. Even Christmas was really bad. Things have been good here only for about the past 5 days . 

So, I know the house  can represent a new beginning. But what do we still have to pay for? What still needs to  be cleaner? I am thinking while this looks like a new beginning the past is still going to creep back in. 

Any input? I  would love to learn more.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2012 - 8:15PM #2
dreamhealth

Jan 15, 2012 -- 7:42AM, Llbitzy wrote:

I am very interested in dreams. I believe there are many kind of dreams that serve different purposed. With my dreams I have learned to get a general meaning. But I long to go deeper. I can look up general meanings in dream dictionaries and get an idea of the big picture and then I have to apply it to my life and circumstances to get into a personal meaning.

Last night I had a dream that we got a new house ( a modular or pre-fab). It was put in and I was standing in the kitchen. The man finished putting in the washer and told me we have to pay seperate for the washer. I was not happy about that. I was thinking, Why would you have to pay extra for the washer and not the dryer, too? If we are going to pay extra for the washer I ought to have gotten the one I want...a front loader that spins the clothes better and gets them cleaner. The End.

In the real world, We bought a modular with a few acres that had been forclosed on. It was dirt cheap and nasty. But we cleaned it and have put as little money into it as possible because my husband wants to have  a house built here in 4-5 yrs.  We have also been having ALOT of marital problems. Even Christmas was really bad. Things have been good here only for about the past 5 days . 

So, I know the house  can represent a new beginning. But what do we still have to pay for? What still needs to  be cleaner? I am thinking while this looks like a new beginning the past is still going to creep back in. 

Any input? I  would love to learn more.

Hello. I think I saw a marital problem before you mentioned it. It caught my eye that you said "My husband" wants to build in 4-5 years.  Do you want, too? Do you share in this dream, at all? Maybe he can build his own house and that is what you meant.

In the metaphors of the dream, God may be desiring a cleansing in your life, not from evil but within the process of the marital difficulties resolving from your end.   Yes, you will pay extra, and it's not the way YOU would do it. This truly would be a "new house", a place to live in.

Metaphor of the machine. A top loader takes the cleaning agenda from above. A front loader from the side. It may be that a top loader is God working directly with you. A front loader the is the work that you would like to do--learning, reading, programs, a horizontal agenda. There seems to be an issue in the dream of "from above" or "from the side."

If you have never lived in a house that is under construction, you have no idea how much patience it will take as you adjust to changing conditions.

These are my ideas from the dream. Sometimes, a simple dream is loaded with meaning. Best to you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 7:10AM #3
Llbitzy

Thank You! I understand what you are saying. And yes, it is his want not necessarily my want. I would be perfectly happy with what we have if there were a few more things fixed and added.  We live 'poor' so he can put every penny possible in saving for the new house.  I will be re-reading and reflecting on what you have come up with. Thank You again.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook