Switch to Forum Live View Prayer for my 9 month old grandson with cancer
3 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2011 - 8:19AM #1
answerseeker
My 9 month old grandson was diagnosed a week ago with retinoblastoma (cancer of the eye).  We are so shocked and saddened. You never would have known anything was wrong, except for a strange glow in his eye in a certain light.  Luckily this type of cancer is 95% treatable, but the bad thing is he will have to do chemo for 6 mos, every 3 weeks, and there is a good chance he will lose his eye.  :(  He just had his first treatment and in a couple of weeks they will look at the tumor to see if it has shrunk enough.  But there is only a 1% chance of saving his eye.  Not good.  :(  Obviously, if taking his eye saves his life, then so be it.  But please pray for the best and for a miracle.  and pray for him to remain strong through the chemo.  Poor little guy is such a trooper and I love him so much.  I can't believe this is happening. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2012 - 8:08PM #2
nanalulu222

Dec 19, 2011 -- 8:19AM, answerseeker wrote:

My 9 month old grandson was diagnosed a week ago with retinoblastoma (cancer of the eye).  We are so shocked and saddened. You never would have known anything was wrong, except for a strange glow in his eye in a certain light.  Luckily this type of cancer is 95% treatable, but the bad thing is he will have to do chemo for 6 mos, every 3 weeks, and there is a good chance he will lose his eye.  :(  He just had his first treatment and in a couple of weeks they will look at the tumor to see if it has shrunk enough.  But there is only a 1% chance of saving his eye.  Not good.  :(  Obviously, if taking his eye saves his life, then so be it.  But please pray for the best and for a miracle.  and pray for him to remain strong through the chemo.  Poor little guy is such a trooper and I love him so much.  I can't believe this is happening. 

That IS truly sad!  I am SO sorry to hear this!  You and your family ARE in my prayers!!!

Conservative Christian.  Remember: you're unique, just like everyone else.
DJW community host.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 11:23AM #3
answerseeker

Thank you.  Prayers are much appreciated.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook