Switch to Forum Live View Poetry and Photography
2 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2011 - 3:56PM #1
Paladinsf

Being retired has some advantages. The biggest one is time. One of the things I have wanted to do is make a photo that illustrates or captures lines of poetry. This comes form my childhood when my Father gave me an illustrate book of Stevenson's "A Child's Garden of Verses." It was published by US Camera and was one of my favorites. It literally fell apart from my constant turning of the pages.

When we moved to KY one the many differences I noticed in the milieu was graveyards. There are many houses here with a graveyard in the front yard, seriously. A section the front yard has been set aside as a family plot. Some have graves dating from the civil war. It is really odd. And a little creepy.

But there are also many church graveyards much like Grey described in his Elegy.

And then there are the abandoned graveyards. Little plots in some woodland clearing marked by a simple wire fence where some few graves once tenderly and loving cared for now gather the falling leaves in silence, alone abandoned and forgotten.

Yet ev'n these bones from insult to protect,
Some frail memories still erected nigh,
With uncouth rhymes and shapeless sculpture deck'd,
Implores the passing tribute of a sigh.

www.beliefcorner.com/attachment.php?atta...

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook