Switch to Forum Live View The Greatest Speech ever Made.
3 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2011 - 7:51AM #1
BIRK
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo&feat...

Thank You Charlie Chaplain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2011 - 3:10AM #2
Namchuck

Sep 12, 2011 -- 7:51AM, BIRK wrote:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo&feat...

Thank You Charlie Chaplain.

Perhaps not the greatest speech ever, but an excellent one!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2011 - 7:25AM #3
BIRK

Some of my friends find a few of the images to be disturbing, but this just blew me away.

I would like to find the movie that this was from.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2011 - 11:46PM #4
Hatman

Sep 13, 2011 -- 7:25AM, BIRK wrote:

Some of my friends find a few of the images to be disturbing, but this just blew me away.

First, i think that the speech may be from "The Great Dictator"(see filmography, here: www.charliechaplin.com/)

Second, pales to insignificance when compared to the SOTM(Sermon on the Mount).

Third, democracy has failed everywhere it has been tried, a point which the F&F were only too aware of, hence the establishment here of a Constitutional Republic, quite superior to  every democracy ever formed.  Yet now, due to CCMSM programming, most have succumbed to the advertising, now quite convinced that "demonocracy"(intentional misspelling) is a Good Thing, when it is not and never has been.  Want to see a democracy in action?  Watch a mob.  In a democracy, 51% can vote 49% into chattel slavery, might they not?  An examination of the Constitution will not reveal the word "democracy" anywhere; you WILL see, however, "Republic."

Fourth, what we have now is a Corporatocracy which hides behind the illusion of democracy; few have a clue or desire to "vote" for anyone other than a democan or republicrat, interchangeble, wholly-owned subidiaries of Corporate America.  Using their horns in their media Empires, combined with a knowledge of theta-wave programming, they literally program Americans into believing that they MUST vote for one of 2 candidates, and that a vote for any OTHER is "wasted," yet one more illusion they must maintain by hook or by crook.

(For data supporting the latter opinion, have a gander at good ol' Bev Harris' website, www.blackboxvoting.org.)

Today, a vote for a democrat could be compared to a vote for Scylla, and a vote for a Republican could be compared to a vote for Charybdis...both monsters, both destructive of the Constitutional Republic.

Also, can you tell me who wrote the following?

"It is enough that the people know there was an election.  Those who vote decide nothing.  Those who COUNT the votes decide everything."

Then reflect on the idiocy of most Americans who think that their civic duty is done once they press a lever or push a button or touch a screen; in almost every other country in the world, if vote fraud is even SUSPECTED, people RIOT!  In America?  They go back to sleep and hope that the one that "gets elected(or appointed)" won't screw 'em too bad this time.

"Election reform" or "Campaign Finance Reform" won't mean squat until we the people can assure ourselves of an honest election by closely monitoring all vote-counting AND vote-counters.

Yet i'd like you to tell me when the last time you heard on CCMSM that honest vote-counting is now a priority in the American system of governance, and/or that fraudsters have been arrested/results overturned because of the aforementioned crimes.

ETA:

Once the clip finished, one can see a caption on the thumbnail for this flick which states "Charlie Chaplin final speech in The Great Dictator," so my supposition was correct.

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2011 - 3:22AM #5
Namchuck

Sep 13, 2011 -- 7:25AM, BIRK wrote:

One can understand why that might be.

It's like Pindar said about speech and poetry, and I'm paraphrasing, '(T)hat it is such that it can make true things sound false and false things sound true'. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2011 - 8:09AM #6
BIRK

Ah Yes...   I can smell the ink on the posters now.

I am a strong proponent of a organised Centrist movement to be the spoiler in this seasons episode of the Battle between Ralph and Ding and the quest for world domination.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook