Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
3 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 8:39AM #1
BIRK
      What is emotion?     
  Some see their emotion as a shield from all the bad things that happen in this world.

Volumes have been written about the list of emotions that we humans are subject to, but in the Spiritual sense there are only two.
   One feels Good and the other is not so good.
  What so few seem to understand is, our emotion is the fuel for our manifested outcome, in each of our physical worlds.

I can see how I used to believe that I had to pretend to be something that I was not in order to project an image that was contradictory to my intention to be Loved or in that case, respected.

I used to pretend to be angry and confrontational, for no other reason then to get my desired outcome by force.  It worked almost every time.
 There are plenty of willing individuals around,to give me what I want, because they were doing exactly what I was doing, except they were using their position of fear to satiate my current desire in order to affect my departure from their immediate presence.

I used this tactic with impunity, until I came to realize that we are not placed upon this earth to be anything less then our truth would allow.
  I notice how I began to feel negative when I became focused upon something that I want, but don't have. Or worse yet I began to make the correlation to how I was allowing other beings emotion to affect my physical world.

From My perspective...
  Emotion is my inner guidance system,telling me in this only moment ,if what I am focused on, is in Harmony with my Intention to to experience Peace,Love and wellbeing.

There is only now.    Can you see that?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 5:01PM #2
Namchuck

Aug 21, 2011 -- 8:39AM, BIRK wrote:

What is emotion?     
  Some see their emotion as a shield from all the bad things that happen in this world.

Volumes have been written about the list of emotions that we humans are subject to, but in the Spiritual sense there are only two.
   One feels Good and the other is not so good.
  What so few seem to understand is, our emotion is the fuel for our manifested outcome, in each of our physical worlds.

I can see how I used to believe that I had to pretend to be something that I was not in order to project an image that was contradictory to my intention to be Loved or in that case, respected.

I used to pretend to be angry and confrontational, for no other reason then to get my desired outcome by force.  It worked almost every time.
 There are plenty of willing individuals around,to give me what I want, because they were doing exactly what I was doing, except they were using their position of fear to satiate my current desire in order to affect my departure from their immediate presence.

I used this tactic with impunity, until I came to realize that we are not placed upon this earth to be anything less then our truth would allow.
  I notice how I began to feel negative when I became focused upon something that I want, but don't have. Or worse yet I began to make the correlation to how I was allowing other beings emotion to affect my physical world.

From My perspective...
  Emotion is my inner guidance system,telling me in this only moment ,if what I am focused on, is in Harmony with my Intention to to experience Peace,Love and wellbeing.

There is only now.    Can you see that?

Emotions - almost entirely a mammalian invention evolved and adapted over time - can be sweet and, sometimes, not so sweet, but they are better servants than they are guides, as exemplified by those prone to blowing themselves up or to flying planes into tall buildings.

And the trouble with "there is only now" refrain is that it enjoins us to live like  a cow, which, as Schopenhauer pointed out, is happier than a man because it forgets everything and anticipates nothing, and so lives wholly in the present, indeed, wholly in the chewing of the cud that happens to be in its mouth.

The mistake here is to ignore the fact that we are richly pregnant with our pasts, which makes us what we are, and our moral purpose is directed at the future, which we try to build for the good, not least in thinking of those we love and how best to cherish them - our children, for example. Of course it is important to enjoy the present, but not in a bovine fashion, or to the neglect of that much larger thing which is a whole human life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 6:53AM #3
BIRK

He is living whose sympathy is awake, and he is dead whose heart is asleep.

Bowl of Saki, August 22, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

Life's light is love; and when the heart is empty of love, a man is living and yet not living; from a spiritual point of view he is dead. When the heart is asleep, he is as though dead in this life, for one can only love through the heart. But love does not mean give and take. That is only a trade; it's selfishness. To give sixpence and receive a shilling is not love. Love is when one loves for the sake of love, when one cannot help but love, cannot do anything but love.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_30.htm

Most people will say, 'The other does not understand me.' But why must there be this lack of understanding? What causes it? It is lack of sympathy. No words can ever make a person understand. It is the heart alone which can convey its full meaning to the other heart, for there are subtle waves of sympathy, there are delicate perceptions of feelings such as gratefulness, admiration, kindness, which cannot be put into words. Words are too inadequate to explain the finer feelings. It is the heart quality which can express itself fully, and again it is the heart quality which can understand fully. Would it therefore be an exaggeration to say that as long as the heart is not awakened a man is as though dead? It is after the awakening of the heart that a man begins to live.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XI/XI_II_12.htm

Sympathy is an awakening of the love element, which comes on seeing another in the same situation in which one has been at some time in one's life. A person who has never experienced pain cannot sympathize with those suffering pain... Sympathy is something more than love and affection, for it is the knowledge of a certain suffering which moves the living heart to sympathy.

That person is living whose heart is living, and that heart is living which has wakened to sympathy. The heart void of sympathy is worse than a rock, for the rock is useful, but the heart void of sympathy produces antipathy. ... There are many attributes found in the human heart which are called divine, but among them there is no greater and better attribute than sympathy, by which man shows in human form God manifested.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_21.htm

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 7:16AM #4
BIRK

Our past is not here and now, but we express the negative emotion that we attached to that event and manifest it "Again" into our present experience.

You don't need to forget the past.  Take a negative event in your physical experience and think of it in a loving manner.  maybe there is a lesson there,  you missed when the event was occuring that you can use to prevent this same lesson from re-occuring.

Nobody see's anything the same way, so what would stop you from purposly changing your perspective?

Your ability to use logic?

Love is not logical.  Love is invisible to your rational inquirer y.

But love is that force of energy that is the expression of your source.  

You are a Perfect creating being.

A Divine Expression of Living energy, capable of of being or doing or having everything you desire to experience and learn.

Whether you ever come to this realization or not, has no bearing on what you are.

Genuine Perfection.

Namaste

Birk

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 3:22AM #5
Namchuck

Aug 22, 2011 -- 7:16AM, BIRK wrote:

Our past is not here and now, but we express the negative emotion that we attached to that event and manifest it "Again" into our present experience.

You don't need to forget the past.  Take a negative event in your physical experience and think of it in a loving manner.  maybe there is a lesson there,  you missed when the event was occuring that you can use to prevent this same lesson from re-occuring.

Nobody see's anything the same way, so what would stop you from purposly changing your perspective?

Your ability to use logic?

Love is not logical.  Love is invisible to your rational inquirer y.

But love is that force of energy that is the expression of your source.  

You are a Perfect creating being.

A Divine Expression of Living energy, capable of of being or doing or having everything you desire to experience and learn.

Whether you ever come to this realization or not, has no bearing on what you are.

Genuine Perfection.

Namaste

Birk

I'm simply not interested in your baroque assumptions, BIRK.

When you can justify with a smidgen of evidence things like "Divine Expression" and the like we might have something to talk about.

Your New Age gobbledekook means nothing to me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 6:53AM #6
BIRK

If your not interested then why do you let it bother you so?

Maybe, You are conflicted and angry that I may be right, and this threatens you in some abstract fashion so you act like you don't care, but something keeps you coming back here every morning, and even you are not sure what it is. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 3:18AM #7
Namchuck

Aug 23, 2011 -- 6:53AM, BIRK wrote:

If your not interested then why do you let it bother you so?

Maybe, You are conflicted and angry that I may be right, and this threatens you in some abstract fashion so you act like you don't care, but something keeps you coming back here every morning, and even you are not sure what it is. 

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I don't know how you could be right as nothing you say has any actual substance.

As something of an optimist, I come back in the hope that you might one day say something meaningful. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 4:29AM #8
BIRK

I Love you Brother.  And now you should know why.

There is nothing New about any of this.

You have always been a powerful creating being.   The only thing that is new is now you know it.

You may not believe it just yet, but everyone gets it eventually.

Any lesson that is not absorbed is doomed to be repeated.

I would venture to guess that this is not the first time someone told you how perfect you are.

I can imagine their amusement as you stand there arguing the point with your logic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2011 - 3:07AM #9
Namchuck

Aug 24, 2011 -- 4:29AM, BIRK wrote:

I Love you Brother.  And now you should know why.

There is nothing New about any of this.

You have always been a powerful creating being.   The only thing that is new is now you know it.

You may not believe it just yet, but everyone gets it eventually.

Any lesson that is not absorbed is doomed to be repeated.

I would venture to guess that this is not the first time someone told you how perfect you are.

I can imagine their amusement as you stand there arguing the point with your logic.

I have always been a creative type, BIRK, and have recognized it since I was quite young.

You're not suggesting, are you, that I have only recently come to know of it thanks to you!?

The implication, like the rest of your post(s), is baloney.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2011 - 5:58AM #10
BIRK

Again.. You only allow youself to see a small part of the picture after you remove the Love and replace it with your own prejudice belief.

Everything that is unfolding before you is perceived through your judgement of what already was.   That is you clinging to what you think you know while the divine truth of your core invincibility marches on un-noticed.

It doesn't go away just because you do not see what a powerful creating Spirit you truly are.

Creative type indeed. What a Laugh...

Everything you experienece is the result of your summoning, including this interaction.    You didn't come here to expand your awareness.  By your own admission.  You came here looking  for Battle.

You needed someone to make you feel good about yourself as you attempt to bring structure and substance to the illusion of the Lack of the presense of Love..

You damn sure don't need me to tell you to reach beyond the now to experience a better feeling thought.

You wanted to abuse someone and you attracted someone who will lovingly allow you to abuse them.   How perfect is that?

Thanks for the chuckle.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook