3 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2011 - 10:35PM #1
Marvin
I've been analyzing my dreams, both in the night and day.  They seem to have recurring themes.  Usually someone wanting to sexually harm another or myself.  I have never been the bad guy in these dreams, though in one of the dreams I had a brief thought on the edge of my mind that if I wanted to I could.  Sexual harm, black demons, entering into the basements of houses.  These seem to be the common reoccuring theme of my dreams of late.  I know sex doesn't always mean sex in a dream.  I am not sure what demons could mean. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2011 - 12:05PM #2
db160

Sexual dreams represent taking an action in real life. But for some reason you are self sabotaging yourself. Thinking negative, being fearful of change or doing something different.. Think of an event from the previous day that should have been handled differently or something that you need to do but putting off ex.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2011 - 2:04PM #3
dreamhealth

Analyzing dreams doesn't really help us unless we are following our direction and course, a kind of spiritual thing. For example, I have lost my direction lately and have been miserable. The misery has taught me some things, but it is time to find my way again.  My direction should be giving. Giving is a joy. So, I renew my commitment to giving today. My problems seem to be wiped away, not that they don't exist but just can be manageable and followed with a good emotional tone. I don't remember them, but last night's dreams were are enjoyable. My soul probably knew that I would find my way.

Our dreams kind of replay where we have been and reveal parts of ourselves that we don't know (for information) and beliefs that we don't want to see. They can also confirm growth.

To put a positive spin on your dream themes, you are willing to go into yourself below the surface (basements). You're not liking what you find in self analysis. I think this may be because you're not moving in growth enough, so youo're in places where you are stuck and sort of have to watch. This is shown in the dreams that you have posted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2011 - 8:38PM #4
Marvin

I can remember two dreams now.  One in which I am having a family reunion, though it is dad's relatives and we are going to to my mother's house.  Again in a basement, I seem unable or uncomfortable or unconnected to my cousin whom I have not seen in a while.  HOwever, in this family disconnect I feel like I am wanting to move on, or as if I am saying goodbye.  I then see myself as Lucian, the lycan leader from my favorite werewolf movie UNDERWORLD.  Strangley I feel some better with these monsters than I do with my own kin.  I always did admire the lycans for their comradery. 
MY second dream was stranger.  I dreamt my little cousin was coming to visit.  They throw her onto bed with me.  I try to avoid it, and don't want her on my bed for there has been sexual activity in it and I haven't had a chance to wash sheets or anything else.  I try to get out of the way but she lands on my leg and I am stuck dangling from the bed.  Then the dream becomes more lucid.  I am actually aware I am dreaming.  It seems semi real even.  However i get this sense that my cousin needs me for something, even though she seems just fine.  I choose to wake up before I realize that it's a dream.  I assume this has something to do with connection and intimacy with those around me, but that is about all I am getting from it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2011 - 11:07AM #5
dreamhealth

Aug 16, 2011 -- 8:38PM, Marvin wrote:

I can remember two dreams now.  One in which I am having a family reunion, though it is dad's relatives and we are going to to my mother's house.  Again in a basement, I seem unable or uncomfortable or unconnected to my cousin whom I have not seen in a while.  HOwever, in this family disconnect I feel like I am wanting to move on, or as if I am saying goodbye.  I then see myself as Lucian, the lycan leader from my favorite werewolf movie UNDERWORLD.  Strangley I feel some better with these monsters than I do with my own kin.  I always did admire the lycans for their comradery. 
MY second dream was stranger.  I dreamt my little cousin was coming to visit.  They throw her onto bed with me.  I try to avoid it, and don't want her on my bed for there has been sexual activity in it and I haven't had a chance to wash sheets or anything else.  I try to get out of the way but she lands on my leg and I am stuck dangling from the bed.  Then the dream becomes more lucid.  I am actually aware I am dreaming.  It seems semi real even.  However i get this sense that my cousin needs me for something, even though she seems just fine.  I choose to wake up before I realize that it's a dream.  I assume this has something to do with connection and intimacy with those around me, but that is about all I am getting from it. 

As I see it, these dreams are very positive to your growth. The disconnect with family expresses becoming more "self" and self looking to other models outside family for a mode of connection which is better than your internal family code thus far has given you, the comradery of the Lycans.

It may be that the little cousin does represent your sexuality per se. In a way, you got it from family. It is there, waiting for your acceptance. Because the cousin is little, your sexuality may be asking you for some attention and maturing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2011 - 9:19PM #6
Shamanmystic

Recurring themes..  Those occur in waking life as well.. lol...

I have found that most of my recurring themes in dreams are usually centered around some issue, feeling, person, situation, etc that I need to deal with in conscious waking life but am oblivious to.. Might be a negative issue or a positive one doesn't matter... If I learn what the message is and incubate a dream I generally get a solution. Remember though the famous phrase " Be careful what u wish for" ...  I've also learned that ignoring the issue can lead to even more intense dreams of a negative nature or in some cases one loses the power of inner sight ie insight if one gets the answer and fails to act on it. If you incubate a dream same for what your suppose to do on this earth and u get back dentist it might be in your best interest to research dentistry rather than blow it off / ignore it as you just might find ones en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muses#Function_in_... turning into the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furies

By the way you do know that one can change ones dreams just by changing ones conscious waking life.. For instance if one habitually watches scarey movies etc before the dream, those same images can show up in the dream... What one meditates / ponders / or thinks about alot generally shows up quite vividly in the dream...

How we act / react in waking life is often how we act / react in dreams. - Consider that if in waking life one is always running from ones problems then this same tactic is employed in the dream state.. Ever hear that phrase: " Free your mind and your butt will follow"? Well it works both ways... You can free your butt and your mind will follow".. What I'm saying is that if one seeks to learn from dream life then one must be open to learning in waking life. If your really tired of the bad stuff in dreams consider lookin at your waking life and then try doing the opposite for awhile.. For instance using the running from life problems I mentioned above - Be courageous and face your problems in waking life and you'll find this happens in the dream.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2012 - 8:43AM #7
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Marvin:

You often mention artworks that you have consumed. Try psychodrama, drama, creative writing, art, music etc. for self-expression.

I dreamt my little cousin was coming to visit.  They throw her onto bed with me.  I try to avoid it, and don't want her on my bed for there has been sexual activity in it and I haven't had a chance to wash sheets or anything else.  I try to get out of the way but she lands on my leg and I am stuck dangling from the bed.

Again an incest theme. And contamination phobia (an anxiety symptom).

connection and intimacy with those around me

Go see a counsellor about that; it keeps coming up for you!

dreamhealth:

the little cousin does represent your sexuality per se. In a way, you got it from family.

Yes. I have not read from this poster an exposition on their family of origin.

your sexuality may be asking you for some attention and maturing.

He could visit a brothel.

I agree with Shamanmystic.

some issue, feeling, person, situation, etc that I need to deal with in conscious waking life

Marvin has not opened up to us about that! Dreams do not exist in a bottle.

I've also learned that ignoring the issue can lead to even more intense dreams of a negative nature or in some cases one loses the power of inner sight ie insight if one gets the answer and fails to act on it.

I agree entirely. Yet I haven't read from Marvin, what's stressing him! Nor what he's doing about that--beyond denial.

By the way you do know that one can change ones dreams just by changing ones conscious waking life. For instance if one habitually watches scarey movies etc before the dream, those same images can show up in the dream

Yes: would someone here please assess Marvin's favourite genre of books & movies?

What one meditates / ponders / or thinks about alot generally shows up quite vividly in the dream.

Exactly: for example, I can't handle horror movies! I think that Marvin may be obsessively dwelling on negative themes.

Consider that if in waking life one is always running from ones problems then this same tactic is employed in the dream state.

Exactly--and that doesn't work with anxiety! I recommend therefore a challenging psychologist--rather than a soothing yoga teacher.

What I'm saying is that if one seeks to learn from dream life then one must be open to learning in waking life.

On another thread, dreamhealth got frustrated with Marvin's refusal to do that! Yet I remember a management consultant telling me that "Denial is the first phase of change.".

If your really tired of the bad stuff in dreams consider lookin at your waking life and then try doing the opposite for awhile.

Exactly: with anxiety, one needs a competent guide, such as a psychologist or tantric counsellor.

For instance using the running from life problems I mentioned above - Be courageous and face your problems in waking life and you'll find this happens in the dream.

That is why I have explained on another thread, that stimulus with response prevention--is painful!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook