Switch to Forum Live View Read about my experiences next year!!!!
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 9:28AM #1
Teejers
globalcitizenyear.org/author/thomas-jay-...

Hey Everyone! I have been so busy getting ready for my gap year. I would love if you could check it out and subscribe if you like. (Click the green icon with the white envelope in it!)

Much thanks in adavance,
TeeJ 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 12:23PM #2
Amycain

Did!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2011 - 12:42AM #3
mommy2two

teej-

it's been ages !   i HAVE heard about, though i don't know many details - i will explore the website-

i can tell you that i travelled and studied abroad for most of my masters degree, and some of my undergrad studies.... and it was without a doubt among the best decisions i have ever made- those experiences changed me in countless positive ways- i came back with new insights and renewed tolerance and understanding of the ways culture affects each and everyone of us.... those were truly amazing times, and i am thrilled you are doing this ! i studied in peru, mexico, spain and italy.... and only wish i could do the same now.... i guess that is one big reason i am hoping to join the peace corps when i retire and my kids are off and running....

PLEASE keep us posted - i want to know more about your plans !!!!   have wanted to see ecuador ever since i lived in peru....!!!  the andean people are so beautiful and welcoming !   i want details ! ! !    what exactly will you be doing?

"It took me a long time not to judge myself
through someone else's eyes" ~Sally Field
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2011 - 8:42AM #4
Roadrunner3

I'm sure you will bring back memories that will impact your life forever.  Good luck!

RR

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2011 - 8:21PM #5
Teejers

I'm taking a year off between high school and college. August 15th I leave for San Francisco to train in language and global leadership skills. September 1st I head to Quito,Ecuador and train for a month in culture, safety, and in-depth language skills. October 1st I depart for my host community(either in the Andes or the Amazon) where I will be living with a host family and  doing service work with either a non-profit organization or community leaders to enact global change during my stay. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook