3 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2011 - 10:40AM #1
Marvin

There's a night class run by a willy wonka type dude.  ONe night I am taking a break form it and walking home.  SUddenly i see a man commit a murder and run back to the night class for help.  He follows me until I get to the alarm and I see him.  He's african american with a gold ring in his left ear.  He runs and people chase after him.  IF they catch him they'll just slap him on the wrist, and I know they won't.  I get the bright idea that we should walk home in groups now.  However, four of us get surrounded by four guys with knives, suddenly me and another guy go into rambo mode, trying to protect the two ladies. I can't remember if the ladies are protecting themselves or not. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2012 - 3:53AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Dear Marvin:

An artist imposes their own mind upon their subject. Similarly, your dream is not plucked out of the sky. Rather, in future dreams, I would like you to add some background. For example, were any of the themes similar to your experiences in the previous day? If you mention some character, draw a connection with life's drama in your waking world.

How do you feel about race and gender?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2012 - 8:41PM #3
Marvin

Race and gender are strange issues for me.  On one hand I care and on the other I don't.  SOmetimes I see racism as sad adn aptheitc, adn yet different ethnicity intrigues me, and I recognie the same capacity for prejudice as anyone.  I also find gender to be odd and fascinating.  I have no qualms about being male, but I guess I can't really define manhood, for I have never been anything else.  I know nothing else but male, and raised in a culture where it is revered, and yet it is all I know and thus it is a weird thing. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2012 - 11:19PM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Marvin:

Race and gender are strange issues for me.

I remember chatting with children in a local park. A girl said that boys were weird. And a boy said that girls were weird! The girl told me that she had not been taught human biology. Though the boy declared that his brother and the girl were lovers!

I can't really define manhood, for I have never been anything else.

Perhaps once you were a boy.

I know nothing else but male

You have no female friends or relatives?

raised in a culture where it is revered

You have not travelled to, or mixed with, other cultures?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2012 - 9:51AM #5
Marvin

I have, plenty of female friends and relatives, and I have mixed with other cultures.  In some ways I am more comfortable in the presence of females, and I find other cultures more interesting than my own.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2012 - 10:41AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Marvin:

I am more comfortable in the presence of females

Do you self-identify as heterosexual?

I find other cultures more interesting

Then visit the World News & Politics forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2012 - 2:46PM #7
Marvin

I do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2012 - 12:19AM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Marvin:

How is shyness a problem for you?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2012 - 7:21PM #9
Marvin

Social Interactions are not my native strength.  So I'm not not comfortable around people necessarily. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2012 - 7:45PM #10
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Dear Marvin:

Your interests tend to be introverted.

And social phobia is an anxiety disorder. The Spirituality & Mental Health forum is the place to discuss this problem.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook