Switch to Forum Live View I DREAMT OF A BIBLE VERSE. MEANING?
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2011 - 4:36PM #1
ola

I dreamt that i had to read a Bible verse, Luke 10 and Luke 20, and I was frantically searching for it b/c I had to read it in front of an audience for a Bible study. But i couldn't find it.  Someone came to me and I realized that I wasn't holding the Bible in my hand but searching through the some kind of religious book.  I was then given the Bible and was still searching for the passage Luke and finally found it in time so I could read it to the small audience. 
I then woke up but I wanted to know what does it mean to dream of the Bible and a particular Bible verse??
Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 20, 2011 - 12:57AM #2
Megagenie

I don't know what it means to dream about a bible verse since your question is new to me. Maybe God wants you to read the verse that you dream about? Who knows but only God knows and He may have a reason for you to dream about a bible verse.

You have a good questions. The closest spiritual dream I had are the angels. There were more angels and there stood only one on the ground that I managed to observe that angel and I can remember that angel clearly. He was facing the other way and I couldn't see his face. :(

Maybe your dream has meanings that you don't even know what they are. I don't even know why the angels appeared in my dream.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2011 - 6:45PM #3
dreamhealth

May 18, 2011 -- 4:36PM, ola wrote:

I dreamt that i had to read a Bible verse, Luke 10 and Luke 20, and I was frantically searching for it b/c I had to read it in front of an audience for a Bible study. But i couldn't find it.  Someone came to me and I realized that I wasn't holding the Bible in my hand but searching through the some kind of religious book.  I was then given the Bible and was still searching for the passage Luke and finally found it in time so I could read it to the small audience. 
I then woke up but I wanted to know what does it mean to dream of the Bible and a particular Bible verse??
Thanks!

This is an interesting dream, for sure. The first thing to notice is that 10 is half of twenty, though this information may not be important at first. Second, there is no verse PLUS chapter, so it does not appear to be a Bible reference. If the dream means chapter 10 and chapter 20, then that is a chunk of material in terms of quantity of text. This is the text that you are supposed to have ready to more or less reproduce for others. (the audience). Having a text of Bible truth "ready" suggests that you have grown into this truth and live it. (Living it=reading aloud) It may be that you take significant "time outs" in your spiritual life and ignore your spiritual development until you have to do it, just like one who lets the housekeeping go way too long. Then, there is double to do. (10 to 20) It may be that God is pointing out that a more consistent practice will mean a more consistent witness of Him. If so, then the "other religious book" may represent just settling for being a good person instead of a witness.

I have no information to go on, and I realize this is tremendously personal stuff. It would be nice if you could tell me if my viewing seems true. I have studied dreamwork and examined many dreams. They are avenues of awareness for healing and personal/spiritual growth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 6:57PM #4
ola

Wow!  that was really good.  I have seriously grown a lot spiritually recently and have now deeply understood  bible verses that I have heard for years.  I have had many trials in my life and been going through a few now and have been leaning on God and asking him several questions. 

What also struck me about your interpretation is that I have gone through ups and downs moments with my Faith and Trust in God.  I'm usually am up but when I'm down, I'm down so when you said "It may be that you take significant "time outs" in your spiritual life  and ignore your spiritual development until you have to do it", it is so true.  Though I want to pray and grow spiritually, I realized that deep inside I did not want to lean on God as a crutch for everything....until I have to do it.  And that's when I read many scriptures, pray more often , etc.  SO, when you say, "It may be that God is pointing out that a more consistent practice will mean a more consistent witness of Him", that strikes me b/c i have been asking him many questions about seeing my prayers manifest on a consistent and immediate basis.

You make great sense about the "other religious book" and "just settling for being a good person instead of a witness" although i would like further explanation about what you mean exactly when you say 'witness."

to help you better in interpreting i'll explain the dream better:  I was hurrying to look for the passage b/c I had to go up to read at a certain time (i.e. in 5 minutes) and someone was already at the podium speaking while i was searching so by the time they finished, I had to go up to read. / I thought the religious book in my hand was the Bible at first until I was shown it was not/ Yes, that is a chunk of a chapter to read but yes, I was told that I was to read Luke 10 and Luke 20...it's interesting you noticed that 10 is half.  I don't know if that means anything but interesting.

Thanks!!!  please do share aything further you may have. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 7:04PM #5
ola

oh and btw, I never read the passage aloud.  I was about to read it aloud when I woke up. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 8:46PM #6
dreamhealth

Jun 14, 2011 -- 6:57PM, ola wrote:

Wow!  that was really good.  I have seriously grown a lot spiritually recently and have now deeply understood  bible verses that I have heard for years.  I have had many trials in my life and been going through a few now and have been leaning on God and asking him several questions. 

What also struck me about your interpretation is that I have gone through ups and downs moments with my Faith and Trust in God.  I'm usually am up but when I'm down, I'm down so when you said "It may be that you take significant "time outs" in your spiritual life and ignore your spiritual development until you have to do it", it is so true.  Though I want to pray and grow spiritually, I realized that deep inside I did not want to lean on God as a crutch for everything....until I have to do it.  And that's when I read many scriptures, pray more often , etc.  SO, when you say, "It may be that God is pointing out that a more consistent practice will mean a more consistent witness of Him", that strikes me b/c i have been asking him many questions about seeing my prayers manifest on a consistent and immediate basis.

You make great sense about the "other religious book" and "just settling for being a good person instead of a witness" although i would like further explanation about what you mean exactly when you say 'witness."

to help you better in interpreting i'll explain the dream better:  I was hurrying to look for the passage b/c I had to go up to read at a certain time (i.e. in 5 minutes) and someone was already at the podium speaking while i was searching so by the time they finished, I had to go up to read. / I thought the religious book in my hand was the Bible at first until I was shown it was not/ Yes, that is a chunk of a chapter to read but yes, I was told that I was to read Luke 10 and Luke 20...it's interesting you noticed that 10 is half.  I don't know if that means anything but interesting.

Thanks!!!  please do share aything further you may have. :)

I see myself in this, so it is a bit uncomfortable. The down times of spirituality, accompanied by neglect of it, turns into a crisis. Then, what was 10 in effort becomes 20. In the down times, God's light cannot shine through us since we are self-occupied.. This s the same thing as not having the right page or even the right book ready to read in the dream. If God's light cannot shine through us, then we are of little use as His "lantern" until we are "all spiritual" again. The dream may be asking about the possibilty of evening this  up and down witness out to a consistent and being more of use shining than the on-off pattern. God needs to bless people (with light). People need light every daym not just when we're up. It's not just about our being blessed but being a blessing. There may be clues in the book of Luke.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2011 - 6:30PM #7
ola

Thanks, that was great.  I have been going through a lot of ups and downs.  Mostly through impatience ......or delay.  I find that in my life i wait and wait and wait for what most ppl get 'on time.'   I have multiple experience with that and that's where my faith wanes.  Then I get my spirit up again and then cycle continues.  I don't know if there's a negative belief aspect in me that allows this to occur or God testing me or both.

Last night  had another interesting dream where I was holding a newborn baby. a woman had just given birth to this baby (a woman in a white dress and she wanted to give birth standing up for some reason as if such birth process would be good for the baby - yes wow.  lol) Anyway, so the baby is handed to my sister to hold but she acts carelessly and doesn't hold the baby's head as we all know should be done and the newborn's head bent back.  I heard a crack sound but the baby was okay and I took the baby from my sister and told and showed her the right way to hold the baby.  Later i was carrying the baby around while i was going shopping.  I also remember that this baby later on didn't necessarily want me, either as its caretaker or just didn't think I was good enough for it.  It wanted someone more attractive than I per se.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2011 - 5:29PM #8
dreamhealth

Jun 23, 2011 -- 6:30PM, ola wrote:

Thanks, that was great.  I have been going through a lot of ups and downs.  Mostly through impatience ......or delay.  I find that in my life i wait and wait and wait for what most ppl get 'on time.'   I have multiple experience with that and that's where my faith wanes.  Then I get my spirit up again and then cycle continues.  I don't know if there's a negative belief aspect in me that allows this to occur or God testing me or both.

Last night  had another interesting dream where I was holding a newborn baby. a woman had just given birth to this baby (a woman in a white dress and she wanted to give birth standing up for some reason as if such birth process would be good for the baby - yes wow.  lol) Anyway, so the baby is handed to my sister to hold but she acts carelessly and doesn't hold the baby's head as we all know should be done and the newborn's head bent back.  I heard a crack sound but the baby was okay and I took the baby from my sister and told and showed her the right way to hold the baby.  Later i was carrying the baby around while i was going shopping.  I also remember that this baby later on didn't necessarily want me, either as its caretaker or just didn't think I was good enough for it.  It wanted someone more attractive than I per se.....

Here's my short take on the latest dream: a "new you" is trying to be created. You are not comfortable with this. It is hard to just "be".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2011 - 6:29PM #9
ola

thanks!  that sounds just about right.  I am focusing more in 'just being' and beleieving I am aleready all that I seek in life.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook