Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Religious Leader Releases Controversial Prayer for Libya
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 2:34PM #1
JB4040

"As events unfold in Libya, a controversial prayer has been released by a religious leader in the United States. On the night Libya's rebels fought for the city of Zawiya, Marshall Vian Summers broadcasted a prayer, one to be heard by his followers around the world and the Libyan people themselves. Yet this was hardly just a minister praying for peace in the Middle East. This was something far more unorthodox. And that's because of who Summers is and what he claims to possess."

www.prweb.com/releases/2011/03/prweb5105...

Listen to the prayer at the above link. To me, it is pretty rare to hear a prayer like this. I find it very moving. It makes me value the freedom I have and care for those who are struggling for freedom in their country.

What do you think?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 2:40PM #2
mountain_man

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.  ~Author Unknown

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion,  and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.  ~Author Unknown

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.  ~Frederick Douglass, escaped slave

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 2:49PM #3
shirleyj227

I think what good does it do besides make them feel better which seems to be all they care about.

Shirley

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 4:28PM #4
IreneAdler

How about some words of encouragement for those in Japan?

Didn't hear any in this prayer.

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 5:31PM #5
DotNotInOz

JB4040 is clearly quite enamored of Summers, for I can see nothing at all stunning or even particularly inspiring about this prayer.

I'm still waiting to hear or see anything that sounds like it came from God and not merely from an obviously articulate and intelligent man...Summers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 7:47PM #6
Bluedog1a

Mar 14, 2011 -- 2:34PM, JB4040 wrote:

"As events unfold in Libya, a controversial prayer has been released by a religious leader in the United States. On the night Libya's rebels fought for the city of Zawiya, Marshall Vian Summers broadcasted a prayer, one to be heard by his followers around the world and the Libyan people themselves. Yet this was hardly just a minister praying for peace in the Middle East. This was something far more unorthodox. And that's because of who Summers is and what he claims to possess."

www.prweb.com/releases/2011/03/prweb5105...

Listen to the prayer at the above link. To me, it is pretty rare to hear a prayer like this. I find it very moving. It makes me value the freedom I have and care for those who are struggling for freedom in their country.

What do you think?

Who is Marshall Summers?

congress Congress
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 7:48PM #7
mountain_man

Mar 14, 2011 -- 5:31PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

JB4040 is clearly quite enamored of Summers, for I can see nothing at all stunning or even particularly inspiring about this prayer.

Since when did Summers become a "religious leader"? Anyone with one or more followers can be a "leader" but this guy is being presented as some kind of religious leader of the American people. He's no more a "leader" than a preacher in a store front church.

I'm still waiting to hear or see anything that sounds like it came from God and not merely from an obviously articulate and intelligent man...Summers.

Con artists never go out of character during a scam.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 7:51PM #8
mountain_man

Mar 14, 2011 -- 7:47PM, Bluedog1a wrote:

Who is Marshall Summers?

Here's the wikipedia entry for him.
 He no different than any other preacher with a radio show. They're a dime a dozen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2011 - 1:20AM #9
JB4040

Mar 14, 2011 -- 4:28PM, IreneAdler wrote:

How about some words of encouragement for those in Japan?

Didn't hear any in this prayer.

Irene.

I believe the prayer for Libya was made prior to the Japan catastrophe. Marshall has made a prayer for Japan which can be read here: http://www.newmessage.org/av/prayerforjapan.php

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2011 - 1:28AM #10
JB4040

Mar 14, 2011 -- 5:31PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

These prayers from Marshall are not coming from God. They are coming from an articulate and intelligent man, a man who happens to be the messenger. 

Nor does Marshall claim to receive the voice of God. He claims to receive the voice of the Angels, who are translating into human language God's New Message. So we have two things: the Messenger's Prayers (not from God) and the Revelations (from God, in the voice of the angels). An instance of the angels speaking through Marshall can be found here:
www.newmessage.org/theblessing

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook